Home

Bobcats

Posted By: bigwood

Bobcats - 12/16/18 01:30 PM

I have caught a bobcat last year and one this year in a area at there extreme range. Bother of the cats I have caught wwere female which I find odd. Does everyone catch more females then males or is there a way to target males more. I would have thought I would be more likely to catch males at their extreme range. Oh and both cats were caught within a few hundred yards of each other.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Bobcats - 12/16/18 01:47 PM

if there is female around a big tom will show up. jan-feb fur is best. they are pretty dumb. its not uncommon to catch and release a female several times waiting on her suitor's to show up. toms have a habit of checking on the females as they make their rounds even when its not breeding time
Posted By: KS1D3S

Re: Bobcats - 12/16/18 03:17 PM

Last year I caught four bobcats along 300 yards of the river. All were caught in snares and all were males. One was one of the best marked I have ever caught (28 lbs) in 40 years of trapping.
Posted By: jk

Re: Bobcats - 12/16/18 03:22 PM

KS1D3S Do you have photos of that cat. We all would like to see it. thanks.....jk
Posted By: KS1D3S

Re: Bobcats - 12/16/18 03:39 PM

No, sorry I do not. I sold him to a taxidermist and she is to send me pictures of the finished mount.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Bobcats - 12/16/18 04:24 PM

Make sure traps are ready when you take a female, he will be coming around soon, if he figures out she's gone he might not come through for a while
© 2024 Trapperman Forums