Home

Glock 23 gen4

Posted By: matt

Glock 23 gen4 - 12/31/18 04:38 PM

Time to get something new. I have shot a few Glocks and really like them. I like the feel of the 23, bigger but not too big for everyday carry. I am going to stay with the .40 as I have several rounds already. So what does everyone think about them. The good and bad. Thanks
Posted By: doublesettrigger

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 12/31/18 06:51 PM

G23 gen 4 is plenty good. Also, you can buy a Glock brand g32 barrel and install it and it will shoot 357 Sig. The frames and slides on g23 and g32 on many gen 3 and all gen 4 are identical. In my opinion and that's all it is, the 40s&w kicks more harsh than the 357 Sig but the 357 Sig is LOUD. You can also put in an aftermarket non-Glock brand conversion barrel and it will handle 9mm with g19 and g17 mags. The 9 conversion is good for plinking but I wouldn't trust it for carry without changing extractor, ejector and a couple other small guts
Rickey
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 12/31/18 07:13 PM

I'm no help, never liked Glocks. I prefer SA/DA with an exposed hammer. The problem I run into is, I'm not really a fan of the 1911 either. I like a decocker, NOT a thumb safety. I carry a CZ P07 and love it.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 12/31/18 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by matt
Time to get something new. I have shot a few Glocks and really like them. I like the feel of the 23, bigger but not too big for everyday carry. I am going to stay with the .40 as I have several rounds already. So what does everyone think about them. The good and bad. Thanks

Out of Glocks I run a 23 and a 22 gen 4. Fires as fast as you can squeeze, pull or press... the trigger. "gun folks" smile Suits my needs, I like'em.
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 12/31/18 07:14 PM

I have carried my issued g23 for a couple years now.
Great shooting gun, very concealable.
I just got a 43 for a personal backup in 9 mm.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 12/31/18 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Leary Sink
I have carried my issued g23 for a couple years now.
Great shooting gun, very concealable.
I just got a 43 for a personal backup in 9 mm.

Off subject a little, IF you have a good gun why do you need a back up gun? All I have is a S&W 642.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 12/31/18 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ditchdiver
I'm no help, never liked Glocks. I prefer SA/DA with an exposed hammer. The problem I run into is, I'm not really a fan of the 1911 either. I like a decocker, NOT a thumb safety. I carry a CZ P07 and love it.

Right there with you ..... my go to is my S&W 5906. I don't like striker fired guns. Don't like the grip angle on glocks, not font of plastic. So Glock is everything I don't like wrapped into one.
Posted By: trapper234

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 12/31/18 10:47 PM

32 yrs law enforcement and now retired. Glock rocks!
Posted By: matt

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 12/31/18 11:23 PM

Going to go shoot one this week. I like can change the back straps to fit better if needed. All the reviews I can find on them seem good.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 01/01/19 12:16 AM

Glock is a love it or hate it because the grip. Their grip is not for me. It's to blocky. I went with the American made M&P 40c. I'm looking at getting a barrel to convert it to 9mm.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 01/01/19 12:34 AM

Scuba- while the CZ is a polymer pistol, it is RELIABLE and accurate. And with a 15+1 capacity, I have plenty of firepower. That is the one I carry most. The S+W 639 is also very reliable and accurate, but with only a 7+1 capacity, weighs as much unloaded as the fully loaded CZ. The Dan Wesson .357 mag revolver, well, I just like wheel guns grin [Linked Image]
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 01/01/19 01:02 AM

while I don't have a G23 gen 4 I sure like my other gen 4 glocks go for it
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 01/01/19 01:04 AM

I really like Glocks. I have a 3rd generation Glock 17 and a 4th generation Glock 22. I shot 800 some rounds a day, through a Glock 17, usually 3 to 5 days a week, for 6 months. Glocks feel completely natural to me.

Glocks aren't great for everybody. I have seen lots of people cut railroad tracks into the base of their their hands when shooting Glocks, but never had that issue. I saw one guy cut his hand that way 3 times in one day. I have seen people, with poor finger control, accidentally discharge their glocks, when running from station to shooting station.

If I needed a smaller, more concealable pistol, I would not hesitate to get a Glock 23.

Keith
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 01/01/19 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
I really like Glocks. I have a 3rd generation Glock 17 and a 4th generation Glock 22. I shot 800 some rounds a day, through a Glock 17, usually 3 to 5 days a week, for 6 months. Glocks feel completely natural to me.

Glocks aren't great for everybody. I have seen lots of people cut railroad tracks into the base of their their hands when shooting Glocks, but never had that issue. I saw one guy cut his hand that way 3 times in one day. I have seen people, with poor finger control, accidentally discharge their glocks, when running from station to shooting station.

If I needed a smaller, more concealable pistol, I would not hesitate to get a Glock 23.

Keith

Keith, are you a pro shooter, with the number you give about you shoot 62,400 rounds in six month and I did not use the hi #. That is a lot of shooting any anybody's book. JMO
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 01/01/19 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

Keith, are you a pro shooter, with the number you give about you shoot 62,400 rounds in six month and I did not use the hi #. That is a lot of shooting any anybody's book. JMO

I was in the police academy.

Keith
Posted By: garymc

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 01/01/19 02:23 AM

I purchased a Glock G40 10mm earlier this year and with the interchangeable back straps it feels very good in my hand. They always felt blocky to me. The trigger was much better than my previous experiences with Glock. I was always a 1911 guy or Springfield XDM guy, but the G40 is quickly moving up the list.
Posted By: LBEE

Re: Glock 23 gen4 - 01/01/19 12:30 PM

Take a Look at the Remington 51 for C&C...I have been with this for 2 Years....Love this gun that is Made for that Purpose....also Balanced for that purpose...Mine is 9MM auto....Might check it out...I bet you will like what you see.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums