Home

Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon

Posted By: Wright Brothers

Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:04 PM

Posted on January 4, 2019 by wpanews
PITTSBURGH OPEN CARRY RALLY: Open carry rally planned in response to Pittsburgh’s proposed gun control legislation | WPX

This may be of interest here
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:14 PM

I hope very few show up in camo with ARs hanging across their necks. Many of these demonstrations end up making gun owners look bad and do gun owners more harm than good.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:18 PM

just have to hope in one hand and poo in the other and see which one fills up first.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:21 PM

You must be a deep thinker, pcr2 wink

BTW, I have nothing against didplays like this in theory.
It's just that they often bring out the worst of the in-your-face type of 2nd amend supporters and show gun owners to be trigger happy red necks looking for somebody to give them an excuse to start shooting.
These types are far from the majority of gun owners, but they are what is noticed the genereral public who don't own guns themselves when these demonstrations happen.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:23 PM

too much coffee inside and mud outside--sorry.
Posted By: Hal

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:27 PM

Jan. 4? How did it go?
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by gryhkl
I hope very few show up in camo with ARs hanging across their necks. Many of these demonstrations end up making gun owners look bad and do gun owners more harm than good.

X2

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:32 PM

wonder if Finn is coming to support gun rights and campaign for 2020. laugh

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:32 PM

The rally is today.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:33 PM

honestly though,believe being in a large city would be better than out here in the sticks.now back to housework.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 01:47 PM

The left in Pittsburg has geared up and is prepared to make gun owners look bad.

From a lawyer friend who does nothing but 2A and PA Article 1 Section 21 cases:

To everyone attending the Second Amendment Rally tomorrow in Pittsburgh, I have very good information that the media has already prepared draft articles about the Rally, which denigrate gun owners and attempt to distract from the real issue - the City of Pittsburgh's unlawful conduct in proposing these three anti-gun proposals. Worse yet, individuals are being brought in to the Rally for the sole purpose of trying to provoke gun owners to react in an irresponsible manner and both the media and police are already investigating social media posts of gun owners, in which those posters are already allegedly provoking the police and making threats.

As such, I have serious concerns about the Rally tomorrow. I pray to God that all of you will be safe and will remain cool, calm and collected, regardless of any provocateurs. Remember, the media and the City are out to paint all gun owners as irresponsible and a single, isolated mistake by any attendee could jeopardize our state preemption statute.

P.S. If you intend to carry a rifle or shotgun, you MUST have a license to carry firearms, as we are currently under a state of emergency, due to Governor Wolf's opioid proclamation. If you carry a rifle or shotgun, absent a license to carry, you are looking a misdemeanor of the first degree offense, which will prohibit you for LIFE from being able to purchase, possess and utilize firearms and ammunition.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 02:09 PM

it's just like Buffalo NY,some of the best medical facilities in the world if you don't get killed comin or goin.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 03:33 PM

Isnt that the Truth!

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 05:09 PM

Keep us posted on how every acts and turn out.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 05:20 PM

Think that was my Daughter on tv, on the majority side of the street.
May be a proud Dad moment here.

Not much coverage on noon news, (not surprised). I do not get cable.
Said there is a couple hundred against and a lot more for 2nd.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Wright Brothers

Said there is a couple hundred against and a lot more for 2nd.

The media will end up twisting it one way or another in the anti-gun favor.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 05:43 PM

2 of 3 already are Grandpa. KDKA seemed the most realistic, at first anyway.

As far as people dressing up, they looked like normal working folkks to me.
Perhaps we should stop having Mt Man events, or ahem trapper conventions lol.
Not everyone lives in a suit.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:02 PM

KDKA TV report on the rally
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/01/07/open-carry-rally-city-county-building-portico/

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:21 PM

The girl speaking would be more effective if she didn't use name calling and cursing to try to make her point. It may be cheered by some who are already on her side but we should leave those tactics up to the far left.
Overall, sounds like there is not much opposition to the group "representing" gun owners.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:21 PM

Good for them, glad to see the people affected by stupid elected officials stand for their rights. Sure, they may hurt some panty-waisted fence sitters, but they have the nads to stand up for their constitutional rights!
Posted By: white17

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:23 PM

But it won't do them any good. Look who controls the city.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:23 PM

Looks like things went well IMO, to bad there was so few.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:27 PM

Sadly true White17.
Until they can vote the dems out or something major happens that brings them(dems) to their senses, it's a losing battle.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:31 PM

A show of support for gun owners could be just as effective, maybe more so, if there was not the encouragement to have so many in the croud carry openly. And I think more gun owners would attend such rallies if there weren't so many doing it.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by white17

How come folks have to be so gol-darn defeatist?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:44 PM

Good point, Hal.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hal

How come folks have to be so gol-darn defeatist?

History?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Sadly true White17.
Until they can vote the dems out or something major happens that brings them(dems) to their senses, it's a losing battle.

Hippi: you are beating yourself. IF every time there is a ant-gun bill in city hall etc and people turned out things will change. I people do not get involved you are going to get the $%&* end of the stick and YOU do not have anyone to blame but yourself. JMO

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:53 PM

So, sit back and take it?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 07:53 PM

Well if you are willing to crawl into whatever corner of the cellar you choose, and wait until the monsters carry you away to the nether-land that is an option.

But what if we had adopted that mantra years ago when more actively involved in the trappers associations. I was supposed to be rallying trappers to the cause.

Should I have told folks "Well let's just not bother because it won't do much good."

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:03 PM

A show of support for gun owners could be just as effective, maybe more so, if there was not the encouragement to have so many in the croud carry openly. And I think more gun owners would attend such rallies if there weren't so many doing it.

I agree

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:07 PM

...might just be called a fence-sitter or "panty-Waist"(sic):D for that opinion, White.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:09 PM

Doesn't bother me !! laugh

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:09 PM

...might just be called a fence-sitter or "panty-Waist"(sic):D for that opinion, White.

Oh stop. There's plenty of that crap on here already.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:10 PM

Nah, never saw White waver on his support.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:34 PM

Maybe the best way to Show our support for the second should be something that can be discussed?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:39 PM

Go for it !
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:41 PM

Maybe the best way to Show our support for the second should be something that can be discussed?

What is there to discuss? You have a right or you do not.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:43 PM

I think I have.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:44 PM

Ken said pour it on. Give 'er a shot.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by virgil1972

What is there to discuss? You have a right or you do not.

We DO have the right.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:45 PM

I'm guessing the people at the rally, who are about to lose a right, really don't care to "discuss" anymore.

You either support having guns, or you don't. Where is the middle ground to that? Where is the ground to be discussed?

Are we to show our support by hiding behind closed doors? We (gun owners) have hid them long enough, imo. I remember walking down many roads nefore i got a drivers license with a gun slung over my shoulder, and people were use to it. Now we all got to be politically correct and if someone sees another with a gun, they get all butt-hurt.

Too bad, again in my opinion.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:49 PM

If you have to ask to bear arms then you do not. Do you ask the government for permission before you say something as well?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:50 PM

We still see folks walking along the road here who are carrying a gun. I did it every day in deer season.

Hal, who's Ken?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:52 PM

Then why are you against the people of Pittsburg doing the same thing?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:53 PM

Hal, who's Ken?

White17=Ken

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:55 PM

Thanks, lug.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:56 PM

unfair fight without Finn,nobody will compromise anymore on anything.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 08:57 PM

I've had a camp in northern Maine for the past nine years. I had to look twice the first time I saw someone open carrying up there. Once hunting season starts it is pretty common, no permits required even for concealed carry. The only thing that I don't like is finding four 9 mm empties & a shot coyote @ one of my traps. With four shots they grazed a back leg and put one in the neck. not bad shooting from a range of five feet.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 09:05 PM

We still see folks walking along the road here who are carrying a gun. I did it every day in deer season.

Hal, who's Ken?

But they had to ask for permission to exercise there "right". Say the federal government passed a law saying people could not say anything bad about the feds unless they filled out paperwork and sent them a special tax, is that still freedom of speech?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Then why are you against the people of Pittsburg doing the same thing?

It has to do with the context of the thing. Anyone passing me as I walk along the road from the end of our property at the end of a day of hunting knows why the gun is there. If I have a hand gun with me for personal protection, I see no reason to carry it openly(unless I don't have a CCpermit). And I see no reason to carry openly at a rally, even a 2nd amend rally, where it may make some of the locals uneasy.

Most people understand that we have a right to own and carry firearms, though they may have no interest in owning one of their own. And most of these are just fine with leaving the gun laws as they are-kinda an outta sight outta mind kind of thing.
These folks have no desire to become vocal anti-gun advocates. But seeing 500 to 1000 guys carrying pistols on their hips or assault rifles(we all know what I'm talking about)across their chest or slung over their beck, may very well change their view on the legality of some of the weapons.

Is it helpful to gun owners to boost the ranks of the antis?
If it's "all about exercising our rights", how helpful will such displays be if our politicians see that there is greater political gains to be made by joining the antis than by backing current gun laws?.........These things should be discussed-IMHO, of course.

Posted By: cci

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 09:18 PM

I agree

Why would gun owners be afraid to be around guns.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 09:20 PM

Another KDKA News Report

It went off without a hitch. Most reliable estimates put attendance at 600-800 people. A few long guns on display but the large majority were carrying sidearms.

The city was playing games with signage prior to the rally. The attorney named in the Trib Live Article is my 2A lawyer friend.

He and his team work harder than anyone I know to have anti-gun laws overturned and he's very successful at it.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 09:23 PM

I would like to add, there is a difference in advocating and "flaunting". I am in agreement that flaunting is not a way to extend our longevity.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 09:25 PM

It not only gun owners that vote, cci.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by cci

I don't think anyone said they were afraid. It's just lousy PR, IMO . If you are trying to get the support of non-gun owners, why come across as Rambo rather than a rational person ?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 09:27 PM

And now we have reached a plateau of mutual condemnation.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by cci

I don't think anyone said they were afraid. It's just lousy PR, IMO . If you are trying to get the support of non-gun owners, why come across as Rambo rather than a rational person ?

That sums things up nicely.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by cci

I'm sure our forefathers thought the same way, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense would it lol.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:06 PM

Here's another approach. Remember that Boulder is Berkeley in the rocky mountains;

https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...lJXP8oPZE6It4GgHUiTSWoCPbkYoSaR1erAjn2KM

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:09 PM

How is carrying a gun being rambo. Are you from the city?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:17 PM

(oh dear)

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by cci

Because it plays into the anti-gun stereotype of people being irresponsible with firearms.

Yes . I live in the city
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:20 PM

From what I read, Mayor Peduto feels city council will pass it and not only expects it but wants it to be challenged in the State Supreme Court. The court is now made up of Five Democrats and only two Republicans. He feels a win in the courts will set a shining example and precedent for other cities and towns across the state and country to enact more and even challenge existing gun laws. Peduto will become a national liberal hero. The PA Supreme Court is already working against the Republicans as demonstrated by the re-districting of the political map in favor of the Democrats. Good luck PA gun owners in your fight. You will need it especially with the political makeup of the Courts.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by wr otis
Guy interviewed on kdka at noon, when asked about everyone at rally carrying. Said no problem at all, probably the safest place in the city to be. Good interview by that guy, well spoken well dressed, toting an AR 15..

I saw that interview and believe that is the sort of thing that could help show the fence-sitters what gun-owners are really like. I can't understand how anyone could listen to that young man's message and be turned off despite the fact that he had an AR-15 on his shoulder. Any logical person would realize the AR-15 display was part of the rally and most likely not his modus operandi, same with most of the other pro-gun folks there.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:44 PM

You are exactly right Grandpa Trapper. If the SCOPA decides this constitutionally, we will win, if they decide politically, gun-owners will lose.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:44 PM

Here's another approach. Remember that Boulder is Berkeley in the rocky mountains;

Interesting article....

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by cci

Because it plays into the anti-gun stereotype of people being irresponsible with firearms.

Yes . I live in the city

I disagree White. From what I saw everyone there was respectful, calm, cool and collected. No one showed a bit of irresponsibility. Anyone watching that was turned against guns by the rally had already made up their minds and nothing a pro-gunner could say or do was going to positively influence them.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:52 PM

So pro-gun liberal hippies practicing civil disobedience is a better example of promoting 2A than a respectful open carry rally?

Again, I disagree.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 10:57 PM

I believe I said ANOTHER approach. Not a BETTER approach. I suspect that the Boulder effort will be more successful in the long run.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:06 PM

Wouldn't that make it a BETTER approach? grin

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:09 PM

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Depends which side you're on laugh

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:10 PM

grin

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:12 PM

Not directed to any post in particular but did sadam have his biologists release something in the air that affects people to be able to reason? Some of the anti gun people.....well you know. The politicians are protected by guns. The pittsburgh mayor is probably protected by guns but they dont want our kids in school to be protected by guns. And they dont want you to be able to protect yourself. And there are people that agree with them! Maybe all the politicians should set an example and give up all their armed body guards before they tell us we shouldnt have guns

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:14 PM

I don't know anything about the demographics or politics in Pittsburgh. But the reason I think the movement in Boulder will be more successful is because the gun owners are of the same political party as the gun grabbers. That HAS to present a real challenge for all involved.

Is it the same in Pittsburgh or are the gun owners more of the opposite political persuasion ?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:16 PM

up here it's suprising if someones only carrying 1 gun.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by cci
Not directed to any post in particular but did sadam have his biologists release something in the air that affects people to be able to reason? Some of the anti gun people.....well you know. The politicians are protected by guns. The pittsburgh mayor is probably protected by guns but they dont want our kids in school to be protected by guns. And they dont want you to be able to protect yourself. And there are people that agree with them! Maybe all the politicians should set an example and give up all their armed body guards before they tell us we shouldnt have guns

Well said!

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:19 PM

I don't know anything about the demographics or politics in Pittsburgh. But the reason I think the movement in Boulder will be more successful is because the gun owners are of the same political party as the gun grabbers. That HAS to present a real challenge for all involved.

Is it the same in Pittsburgh or are the gun owners more of the opposite political persuasion ?

Thats what i mean about reasoning. How and why would the gun owners vote for the gun grabbers

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:23 PM

If you are at all familiar with Boulder, CO...you know it is a microcosm of everything left wing, identity group politics............with the exception of gun owners. That part must be a vestige of earlier times in Colorado.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:24 PM

I doubt there were many liberals on the pro-gun side of the street in Pittsburgh. I'm sure there were a few on the other side of the street protesting the rally.

I agree that the Boulder liberal's civil disobedience creates a problem for Democratic gun-grabbers.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/07/19 11:27 PM

It's an interesting dynamic. Hopefully it causes a lot of re-evaluating previous allegiances.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Hal
Well if you are willing to crawl into whatever corner of the cellar you choose, and wait until the monsters carry you away to the nether-land that is an option.

But what if we had adopted that mantra years ago when more actively involved in the trappers associations. I was supposed to be rallying trappers to the cause.

Should I have told folks "Well let's just not bother because it won't do much good."

X2

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 01:26 AM

Has anyone seen any yard sign that say I support the 2nd Amendment or something like that for sale?
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 02:36 AM

.......Flyin Flynn ....would have loved this thread .... LMAO !!!!!!

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 02:43 AM

Found all kinds of signs ref: 2A. But nothing simple and with good taste. JMO
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Bring back that crazy Libertarian! LMAO!!!

whistle

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 02:54 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna miss the librarians...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Yeah, I'm gonna miss the librarians...

[Linked Image]

I wish my local librarian looked like that. Next time I open carry when checking out a book, I’ll ask if they can hire one.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Bring back that crazy Libertarian! LMAO!!!

whistle

Here here I say!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 03:06 AM

If you are at all familiar with Boulder, CO...you know it is a microcosm of everything left wing, identity group politics............with the exception of gun owners. That part must be a vestige of earlier times in Colorado.

CO has one of the best elk populations in the nation, with 4 different major herds in the state. Used to be a paradise for hunters and fishermen, then came Denver and Californians "moving to the mountains".

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 11:58 AM

Looks like it went off without a hitch, and the good people of Pittsburgh stood up to be counted. (even tho they carried their guns)

I didn't even read any negative about it. wellllll, just some.

smile

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Originally Posted by wr otis
Guy interviewed on kdka at noon, when asked about everyone at rally carrying. Said no problem at all, probably the safest place in the city to be. Good interview by that guy, well spoken well dressed, toting an AR 15..

I saw that interview and believe that is the sort of thing that could help show the fence-sitters what gun-owners are really like. I can't understand how anyone could listen to that young man's message and be turned off despite the fact that he had an AR-15 on his shoulder. Any logical person would realize the AR-15 display was part of the rally and most likely not his modus operandi, same with most of the other pro-gun folks there.

That guys interview would have been more effective if he hadn't had the AR displayed.
Somebody should tell the demonstrators that they are not there to simply protest against the proposed changes to gun laws in a fashion that will get cheers from other gun owners, and they should conduct themseves in a way that will gain support for their cause from some of those who do not own guns.

As cities go, Pittsburgh is probably more gun friendly than most. I doubt yesterday's rally did much to change that, but I don't think it brought anyone who was dubious over to the side of the gun owners. The pro-gun message is much better received when there is no gun displayed to draw attention away from words.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 12:43 PM

you shoulda went then.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 12:53 PM

I would not attend a rally where we are encouraged to make a spectacle of our right to carry openly. I think it's a misguided tactic and is much more likely to make gun owner look bad without any chance of gain support for the cause.................BTW, do you suppose all those guys took a day off work?

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 01:17 PM

i know.i'll stay up here in the most concealed carry county by percentage in the country.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 01:26 PM

Probably need to pack heat with all the gangs running the streets in 'coudy grin.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 01:51 PM

I would not attend a rally where we are encouraged to make a spectacle of our right to carry openly. I think it's a misguided tactic and is much more likely to make gun owner look bad without any chance of gain support for the cause.................BTW, do you suppose all those guys took a day off work?

OK, gryhkl give us your game plan!! Your gun rights are being taking away bit by bit. People take days off work every day, the point is THEY were there. If you do nothing you have to take what they push up you @$$: JMO

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 02:19 PM

Stop encouraging open carry at the rallies and demonstrations.
Gun owners should not use in-your-face tactics to make their arguement.
The American people demanding stricter gun laws will grow in leaps with each shooting. We need to rationally present ourselves in effort to make more folks realize that the best way to stop a bad man with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.

There are many who represent gun owners better than ted n.. Why does he gets so much attention?..........because his over-the-top fanatical rants make gun owners look like a pile of nutballs. His tactics gain us absolutely no benefit while it does hurt us by painting us as wackos.

Too much of what is done by those who say they represent gunowners in the news is done to please, or play hero, to other gun owners-they are already with us. Stop preaching to the choir.
Posted By: Art S

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 03:50 PM

KDKA Pittsburgh T.V. has a morning poll ,
they are asking if Pa. should regulate semi's ,
it's real close so far .....Vote here

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 04:42 PM

It will go to court before they can ban semi's

It's in our state constitution that municipalities cannot regulate guns over state law.

The dem controlled cities of this state sure try tho..................

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/12/preemption-nra-local-gun-laws/

https://law.justia.com/cases/pennsylvania/supreme-court/1996/545-pa-279-1.html

Ohh, and a thanks to the NRA that backed this.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 07:18 PM

How is the poll going? I voted a little while ago but it won't let me go back and check the numbers.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 07:23 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 07:25 PM

According to the pol results, I guess all those gun-toting folks exercising their Second Amendment rights and openly displaying their firearms (gasp) didn't turn too many off.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 07:48 PM

Is me or New Math ?? Those numbers don't make sense

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 07:54 PM

The percentages and total vote numbers don't make any sense. I'm hoping that at least the vote count is somewhat accurate.

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 07:58 PM

103%?????

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 08:05 PM

Amish polling machines
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/08/19 08:32 PM

It was over seven when I looked hope it works out in the gun owners favor

Re: Pittsburgh pro carry rally, noon - 01/09/19 12:42 AM

[Linked Image]