Home

Another day at the office

Posted By: Scuba1

Another day at the office - 01/12/19 01:26 AM

A couple of days ago I took this old girl to Thunderbolt for a survey haul out and brought her back home yesterday. Pooped a head gasket on the way up and limped into port. But got the engine running for a little bit to make it out of the slings and into the river and used sailboat fuel the rest of the way home and cranked her up for the last time to park her i her home slip. New engine is ordered. Repower from Perkins to Yanmar starting next weekend.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ignore the date stamps on the pictures I forgot to set date and time on the camera
Posted By: snowy

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 01:32 AM

Beautiful blue bird day!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 02:06 AM

What a Life! wink

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
What a Life! wink

I never said it was easy, but someone has to do it
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 02:39 AM

I agree, 330-Trapper!

a person who can make a living doing what they love is TRULY Blessed!

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 04:47 AM

By the way White Marlin .... that lure you gave me works great on red drum when it gets colder. I think it is a good imitation of a finger mullet
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 04:54 AM

Lovely craft ....

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon
Lovely craft ....

She is. She was built in 1986 and launched as a round the world racer. She was first named Spirit of America and took part in two races around the world before being sold and the inside rebuilt. She has a new teak deck ( not done by me) new electronics ( yep that was me ) I just finished replacing the running rigging new AC systems auto steering Hydraulic winches, wang, backstay and in mast furling. Next I'll put a new engine in her. Then the owner can play with her and next year I'll probably captain her then the Charleston around Bermuda race. I'll change a couple of things before that though.
Posted By: Hal

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 11:58 AM

I guess it's okay, if you like that sort of thing.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 02:30 PM

Going to will the Perkins to use as an anchor? About the only thing they are fit for in my experience.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
By the way White Marlin .... that lure you gave me works great on red drum when it gets colder. I think it is a good imitation of a finger mullet

cool!

let me know if you need a few more...

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon
Lovely craft ....

She is. She was built in 1986 and launched as a round the world racer. She was first named Spirit of America and took part in two races around the world before being sold and the inside rebuilt. She has a new teak deck ( not done by me) new electronics ( yep that was me ) I just finished replacing the running rigging new AC systems auto steering Hydraulic winches, wang, backstay and in mast furling. Next I'll put a new engine in her. Then the owner can play with her and next year I'll probably captain her then the Charleston around Bermuda race. I'll change a couple of things before that though.

I knew what wood that beautiful deck was right away. I used to re condition teak decks on water craft when I lived in Fla. Nothing quite like that wood , in living with ocean water.

What a fascinating history she has. Amazing the stories she could tell.

You must keep us here, updated if you do captain her in the Charleston/Bermuda race, if Im understanding you correctly !

Is her name the same ?

Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 05:21 PM

Ignore the date stamps on the pictures I forgot to set date and time on the camera

Don't feel bad, I still can't get the clock on the vcr to quit flashing.

Beautiful boat looks like it has been well taken care of.

Re: Another day at the office - 01/12/19 11:13 PM

Sharon she is now called Pegasus . An apt name for her as she can fly on the canvas she can carry. I am itching to try out the new kite. 3600 square feet of sail area in a single sail on that boat should get her going pretty good.

Re: Another day at the office - 01/13/19 12:03 AM

Boy howdy, so fitting a name for so swift of flight ! I can see her clearly now .... cool

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lureintheanimal

Re: Another day at the office - 01/13/19 12:07 AM

..... the rain is gone. cool
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Another day at the office - 01/13/19 01:01 AM

I'm betting you do a lot of water trapping...

Re: Another day at the office - 01/13/19 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by ShawneeMan
I'm betting you do a lot of water trapping...

Not with that boat though lol...... just imagine how many rats that deck would hold
laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums