Home

Trail Trapping with footholds

Posted By: Jonny8040

Trail Trapping with footholds - 01/12/19 01:38 AM

Hey guys!
Was out scouting and checking traps today with my Papaw and we found a really good hole underneath a fence that had some really good worn out grass. I do not want to put a snare there so was trying to figure what a good set was for trapping coyotes and foxes on a trail with a foothold. Should I make a dirt hole around that or set the trap right on the trail?? Anything will be appreciated!

Thanks!

In Jesus,
Jonathan
Posted By: trapperroscoe

Re: Trail Trapping with footholds - 01/12/19 01:44 AM

i am certainly no expert and im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but i recall hearing of people just putting the trap in the trail bedded of course. now that i say that im sure im wrong. grin
Posted By: Jonny8040

Re: Trail Trapping with footholds - 01/12/19 01:57 AM

Haha. I appreciate that. I honestly thought about doing that. Great minds think alike 😂
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Trail Trapping with footholds - 01/12/19 02:56 AM

I would put one in the trail, and a dirt hole or flat set close by if they are that much sign. Good luck
Posted By: Line Jumper

Re: Trail Trapping with footholds - 01/12/19 03:21 AM

Nothing wrong with a foothold in a trail, a couple pencil size sticks near each jaw, or if you want set two traps and a stick in between.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Trail Trapping with footholds - 01/12/19 03:24 AM

You need to pick the right spot in some places or your just setting and resetting traps (deer snaps) but then you come across that certain spot and then it's the place to set a blind set.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Trail Trapping with footholds - 01/12/19 04:02 AM

Nice spot
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Trail Trapping with footholds - 01/12/19 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tactical.20
Nice spot

Have another spot set about 10 feet up a small finger draw the deer don't use this route but the cats like it!
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Trail Trapping with footholds - 01/13/19 12:05 AM

Find a low spot in the trail where animals are stepping. Set 3 to 4 sets. This is called a blind trail set. Make sure you set them 5 ft or more apart. I have always been amazed at the variety of animals running a trail. Good luck to you.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums