Home

Tannery at fur harvesters auction

Posted By: novatrapper01

Tannery at fur harvesters auction - 01/12/19 12:37 PM

Just wondering if anyone has used it and how the pelts turned out?
Posted By: gibb

Re: Tannery at fur harvesters auction - 01/12/19 02:14 PM

It's a service they offer shippers for an additional fee, they take care of the paperwork and send everything to International in Winnipeg.
My partner had 6 wolves done cost was roughly $1100 CDN.
Takes about 7 months roughly.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Tannery at fur harvesters auction - 01/12/19 02:31 PM

I have not personally used International but I have some buddies who have and my understanding is they do a good job.
Posted By: gibb

Re: Tannery at fur harvesters auction - 01/12/19 02:46 PM

Good job, excellent work but a little pricey in small numbers.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Tannery at fur harvesters auction - 01/12/19 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by gibb
It's a service they offer shippers for an additional fee, they take care of the paperwork and send everything to International in Winnipeg.
My partner had 6 wolves done cost was roughly $1100 CDN.
Takes about 7 months roughly.

Wow, that is "pricey" even in CD dollars.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Tannery at fur harvesters auction - 01/12/19 03:11 PM

I just did the math; in US dollars that comes out to $138 per wolf for 6 wolves.
Moyle's would charge $55 per wolf for 6 wolves.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Tannery at fur harvesters auction - 01/12/19 04:37 PM

Yes but shipping wolves to Moyle's from Canada would negate any savings in dressing cost with all the paperwork and USFWS inspections, as well as other associated shipping expense.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Tannery at fur harvesters auction - 01/12/19 06:33 PM

International Fur Dressers in winnepeg is a great option for Canadian Trappers. They do good work.

International is NOT a good option for US trappers. The paperwork to get the pelts back and worth across the border is a hassle. Even if you buy the raw goods in Canada (say at NAFA), it is still a hassle to get them across the border when they are finished.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Tannery at fur harvesters auction - 01/12/19 07:15 PM

International is top notch beaver dressers.They also do a great job on wolves bears lynx,otter fisher etc.Small pelts I can do a better job myself.They are a bit rough on the smaller thin skinned goods(its a garment tan),and the cost is prohibitive compared to doing the small stuff at home.
The results on the larger goods is well worth the cost.

I use FHA for convenience.I have done both,and,for trapper sized lots, it does not cost any more to ship thru FHA than it does to ship directly to International.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums