Home

Saints fans sueing nfl

Posted By: wetdog

Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 06:30 AM

Did anybody else see this. Season ticket holders and others are during the NFL over a bad call on the field.
There is a rule in the rule book that says, the game can be overturned or a redo
I can't post link from my stupid phone.
I for one hope it gets thrown out. It would change EVERYTHING
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 10:59 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/new-orleans-ticketholders-sue-nfl-over-call-in-nfc-championship-game
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 11:01 AM

If you have to depend on one play, you probably don't deserve to go to the big dance. And I like the Saints.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 11:09 AM

Sounds like some sports fanatics need to get a more interesting life.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 11:37 AM

The pass interference penalty, that was not called, unarguably should have been called. That said, I don't think I have ever watched a single football game where the referees did not miss at least one penalty. Missed penalty calls has always been part of the game. Human referees are always going to be fallible. Fans suing over a missed penalty call should lose their case and should grow up and go on with their lives.

Keith
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 11:38 AM

unbelievable that people are that upset over a child's game played by adults

no wonder we get such a sorry excuse for government as those fans are eligible to vote
Posted By: Creek

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 12:34 PM

It just a game.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 12:45 PM

Both the Saints and the Rams played a great game but the officiating was terrible. It affected both teams and there is no way to pin the Saints loss on one call. So, this lawsuit is not going anywhere but might force some much needed changes in the game. In the entire game only one pass interference call was made and that was in OT. It wasn't because there was no pass interference, it was obviously a premeditated decision by the officiating crew to leave their flags in their pockets. That's unacceptable. The officiating crew doesn't have the authority to change the rules of the game, their job is to enforce the rules both for fairness and for the safety of the players. It is also obvious that the NFL doesn't like calls to be challenged because even if you win a challenge you forfeit a timeout. That's just wrong and needs to change. I think this lawsuit will keep focus on how poorly the game was officiated and force changes that will make the game better and help protect the players.
Posted By: trapper20

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 01:46 PM

people will sue over anything these days. it is sickening
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by trapper20

Too much time too much money people have to worry about such petty things as a football game.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 03:41 PM

The winner is not complaining! Pray when you are on your knee's for a better outcome.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by trapper20

Too much time too much money people have to worry about such petty things as a football game.
How about too many lawyers?
Posted By: jonesy

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 05:01 PM

get over it... don denkinger screwed the st louis cardinal out of a world series too but no sueing going on
Posted By: hippie

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 05:04 PM

Seen it all now.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 05:07 PM

Gee! If that lawsuit changes anything, maybe the Vikings still have a chance to sue over the negligent non-calls Favre had to put up with in the championship game against cheater Payton. Payback's a bummer! Hopefully, the curse will continue many years for that whiny cry baby!
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 05:15 PM

It defiantly sucks that the blown calls by the refs can't all be reversed by replay. It seems common place for the refs to decide the outcome of the games. Between that, and the pussifing of the game, it about ruins it for lots of people. Hopefully something will be done, and money is at the very top of their priority list, though I don't know if suing them is the answer.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

no wonder we get such a sorry excuse for government as those fans are eligible to vote

To those who don't put up the big $ for them tickets, that may be the case. Serious folks along with an insane amount of money involved in the "child's game". No different than trappers who argue over traps, trapping bait, and trap modifications.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by TDHP
To those who don't put up the big $ for them tickets, that may be the case. Serious folks along with an insane amount of money involved in the "child's game". No different than trappers who argue over traps, trapping bait, and trap modifications.

We ain't suing each other over such trivial matters. Unlike some NFL fanatics.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 06:30 PM

Sore loosers. Heck there where bad calls/ no calls in every game I watched.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 06:31 PM

Yea Think I'll sue everyone that traps now because the hides may be rubbed. If they are left alone I may get one next year that has good fur....

Dang I'm going to be rich !!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by TDHP
Originally Posted by danny clifton

Big difference between arguing and a law suit
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 06:52 PM

The NFL made 13 BILLION last year
Posted By: Prejeans0316

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 06:57 PM

I'm from Louisiana and the NFL truly makes me sick... The corruption has become so noticeable the last year years it is nothing like it was when I was a kid watching the older guys play that are now announcers!
Posted By: don403

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 08:29 PM

did they throw the red flag thats the coach job.
Posted By: Prejeans0316

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by don403
did they throw the red flag thats the coach job.

You can't challenge a "No Call" because no call was actually called to challenge against... If that makes sense
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 09:53 PM

As a sports official that follows these kind of things, if this action is successful...its always a disaster at every level. Luckily most courts throw them out, only one or two that I know of has ever actually been successful.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/24/19 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
As a sports official that follows these kind of things, if this action is successful...its always a disaster at every level. Luckily most courts throw them out, only one or two that I know of has ever actually been successful.

Would you be able to share the one or two that weren't thrown out?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/25/19 12:57 AM

Apparently I forgot the part that the State Supreme Court overturned the ruling but temporarily a judge did rule to force the game to restart:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-Football-decision2.pdf?tid=a_inl_manual

Similiarly there was a basketball game that was forced to be replayed but that was forced by the Georgia state association, but that was under their protest protocol which allows such replays if it determines officials set aside a rule.

https://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/...bd287f1-6dd9-549f-afe2-090f6740cdc6.html
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/25/19 02:18 AM

They behave like a bunch of winny asp babies
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/25/19 03:44 AM

The NFL is crooked!
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Saints fans sueing nfl - 01/25/19 02:19 PM

Sore losers over game... they had 4 quarters to beat them in. Refs dont determine the outcome of a game. Coaches and players do. Saints lost ... their own fault.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums