Home

Anti dog bark collar

Posted By: Anglinscreek

Anti dog bark collar - 01/31/19 03:23 AM

I have a great dane that barks too much. What is out there that can helo me? Any advice?
Posted By: adam m

Re: Anti dog bark collar - 01/31/19 04:06 AM

How old is it? My neighbor tried using my track and train collar but his great Dane was way too big for it at 6 months. You will need one that you can control the strength and type of stimulation. Look for a used garmin trash breaker system. Depending on your dog's size you might need to expand the collar
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Anti dog bark collar - 01/31/19 09:22 AM

Lemon juice.
Posted By: coolbrze

Re: Anti dog bark collar - 01/31/19 10:49 AM

I've got a Tri-Tronics (Garmin) bark collar deluxe & it works wonders. You might need to get 2 collar straps & tie them together smile
Posted By: Anglinscreek

Re: Anti dog bark collar - 01/31/19 12:00 PM

He's 3 years old and 120 pounds. Not a bug fane but very stubborn. And loud.
Posted By: cci

Re: Anti dog bark collar - 01/31/19 12:07 PM

Bark collars work great. They start with low volts and build up if the dog continues to bark. Dont have him/her wear it more than 8 or 10 hours at a time or the 2 prongs can rub holes. Put it on pretty snug because the prongs have to contact skin.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Anti dog bark collar - 01/31/19 01:26 PM

If you go the bark collar route, put the collar on the dog and let the dog wear it for a week before it ever gets a charge. Dogs are smart and if you immediately start hitting him with voltage he'll make the connection to the collar. Not a big deal until you take the collar off and the dog starts barking again.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums