Home

cataract Surgery ...

Posted By: Actor

cataract Surgery ... - 02/02/19 04:56 AM

Some time back I mentioned that was going to have cataract surgery on the left eye … My hope was that it would go okay and would still have a couple of weeks to try for some mink a few more rats. Well, It seemed to go okay ans seemed to be improving and was getting mind focused on setting a few more traps …. Until earlier this week when everything seemed to go south. One morning earlier in the week noticed when trying to read that it was becoming blurry. I discovered the blurriness was all coming from the eye I had the cataract removed. Went to Dr. today and found had some kind of fluid leaking into or out of arear of the surgery … he prescribed some drops at the cost of $47 for a small bottle. Have to use them 4 times a day and go back next week for a follow-up. I hope it is fixed by then or there will another all out war between the Dr. and Me. Anybody had this problem?

Garry-
Posted By: trapper les

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 02/02/19 05:10 AM

Good luck is about it.
Posted By: m1carbine

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 02/03/19 12:32 AM

How was it removed ?
I talked to my eye doc the week about mine, she told me she uses ultrasound ,no cutting.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 02/03/19 12:34 AM

Prayers sent.

Charlie
Posted By: bic

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 02/03/19 12:57 AM

I had cataract surgery in my right eye about 4 years ago. I need the left one done this year. They did what they call Lens replacement surgery. It was pretty slick. I was real pleased but lately, I have noticed that the vision in that eye isn't quite as sharp as it was. I probably should get it checked out sooner rather than later.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 02/03/19 01:03 AM

Yeah bic I would, grandma worked for an eye doctor she always told us the sooner the better, and you only get one set of eyes.
Posted By: Actor

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 02/03/19 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by m1carbine
How was it removed ?
I talked to my eye doc the week about mine, she told me she uses ultrasound ,no cutting.

I believe it was cut, because they said he made one small incision … yeah … you can lose your other set of balls and not worry about them, but your EYE BALLS are a different story altogether.

Garry-
Posted By: charles

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 02/03/19 03:19 AM

I had both eyes done about 18 months ago. The surgeon approached me before surgery and said "you take Flomax? I said how do you know. Said my eyes would not dialate and he would not be able to use the laser. Not to worry, he had do e 30,000 the old way and I would save $250 per eye.

Worked just fine. Get yourself some good sunglasses because you will wear them every day now.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 02/03/19 03:26 AM

Can they do Lazer?
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 08/07/19 01:41 PM

I had one done 6 months ago and. The vision is a different color than my natural eye, I see a hallow around everything because I can see the edges of the lens, the new lens jiggles when I move my eye too fast to look at something, and now after about 5 minutes on computer or smart phone I'm ready to hurl. Other than that it's fine!
Posted By: charles

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 08/08/19 12:03 AM

Doctor approached me before surgery and asked if I was taking Flowmax. I said how do you know. Said I was not dialated. Could not use laser. Said he had done 30,000 the old way so no problem. Saved medicare insurance $125 per eye. Great outcome.
Posted By: James

Re: cataract Surgery ... - 08/08/19 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Actor
Originally Posted by m1carbine
How was it removed ?

I believe it was cut, because they said he made one small incision … yeah … you can lose your other set of balls and not worry about them, but your EYE BALLS are a different story altogether.

Garry-

I had both eyes done the same way (incision), and the worst part was when they stuck the hypodermic needle in my eyes to inject the anesthesia before the surgery. I didn't feel the actual surgery.

My eye doc did something I've never seen before: he asked me if I minded if he said a prayer aloud before the surgery. I said go ahead, and he prayed that God allowed everything to go well.

I appreciate the man's sincere religious belief, but he did make me a bit nervous, giving a poorly-timed reminder that things could go wrong.

Jim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums