Home

NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8

Posted By: lLJD

NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/05/19 08:26 PM

The NTA Western Regional Convention and Sports Show will be held June 7-8 in Holbrook Arizona at the Navajo County Fair Grounds
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/05/19 09:14 PM

That would be a fun area to visit. Wish it wasn't so far away. 2 day drive each way for me. A bit far unless I had a chauffeur.

Hope it is a good show.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/05/19 11:25 PM

I'm seriously considering having a booth if things work out I think it would be a great show with snares, snare supports and sharpening knives and who knows what else I may bring along.
Allan
Posted By: mike mc murray

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/06/19 12:03 AM

I think it should be a good show..years ago when you could trap anywhere I use to do demos at there state convention in globe arizona lots of great people down there and I thourally enjoyed it

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/06/19 12:29 AM

Allan reach out to our convention coordinator Vickie Wright and reserve a spot we would love to have you.
Posted By: white17

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/06/19 01:46 AM

OUCH !! Couldn't they find someplace hotter ?
Posted By: Gulo

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/06/19 01:53 AM

Come on White. You're always lamenting the fact that McGrath is too cold. Time for some BTUs.

Jack
Posted By: white17

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/06/19 02:20 AM

I can do without that many BTU's !! laugh

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/06/19 04:08 AM

Now Ken I'll bring a high dollar cooler to fill up with ice so you can cool your heels if need be I'd even offer that to Pete well maybe Emma more so than Pete .
ILJD I don't know if Vickie is ready for a phone call or text message from me just yet she was a little bit over whelmed last year before we hosted it at Livingston.

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/06/19 12:09 PM

Aww she just had those first day at school jitters.

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/06/19 02:25 PM

I'm sure that's what it was I pestered the heck out of her after thing's started to go smoothly she is a good person but needed a bit of a humor check if you would.
What I miss from Seymour Tenn is being able to walk into the Bullet Boat shop and look at the bass boats they were making I darn near cried when I heard that Ranger bought them out. Living in that area for a short time I wished I'd of gone to Dollywood it wasn't that far back then.

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/07/19 03:45 AM

TTT just because
Posted By: Sharon

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/07/19 04:18 AM

Sure wish it wasn't so hot then......would be fun to attend . June is pushing the onset of real heat .....even though its a dry heat, which without humidity, does make it better a wee bit......but it is still hot !

If I knew I could park, then run into AC rooms, that would be better grin

I wish all in attendance to have a very fun and prosperous time .
Posted By: MJM

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/07/19 03:17 PM

The average temperature for June shows 51 for a low and 92 for a high.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 02/07/19 04:25 PM

Years ago when the western NTA was in Farmington, New Mexico, the main building with all the dealers was air conditioned. It is possible that the buildings in Holbrook will have A/C.

The sad part about the Farmington get together was dealer attendance. The dealer building was half empty. Sort of a bummer for those folks attending as visitors. Hopefully Holbrook will be much better.
Posted By: ttzt

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 06/14/19 02:33 AM

So how did the Western go, anybody have any pictures?
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 06/14/19 03:31 AM

I heard that the attendance was poor. Just a little over a 100 through the gate is what I heard. That's second hand information though. Maybe someone who has first hand information will chime in.
Posted By: Mercer Lawing

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 06/14/19 10:57 AM

Weather was actually real nice. A little breeze kept it comfortable in the day and the evenings actually cooled off to nearly long sleeves. Kids got cold at night trying to swim at the hotel.

NTA Vickie Wright and John Daniels and their help did a great job. The FBU people and Chris McCalister did a bang up job as well.
The AZ trappers association came together and did what they needed to do. Vendors came from near and far, not a lot of them but enough to get anything you might need.

The kids were kept busy with the candy cannon ( I think NM association did that) , flint Knapping, knife and tomahawk throw, bag toss, trap setting, skillet toss for the ladies and some stuff I am forgetting.

The Demos were as good as any I have been to and ran non stop for two days.

But ya - very low attendance. Just not the population base there to support it. We got a folks from all the neighboring states, the Rez and folks from as far away as SD and KS just not very many of them. Arizona sells what, 150-200 trapping licenses a year?

Thanks a bunch to the NTA, FBU and AZTA.

Vendors that I can recall:

Wayne Derrick
Lesel Reuwsatt
Moyle Mink
Camtrip Cages
Western Cats Inc
a dude selling some high end air rifles
Bookcliffes traps
Kansas trap supply Ed Schnieder
Dead Center Traps? Can't recall the exact name but guy was from MT. His foot traps had no dead spot. The pan goes straight down. Like a double dogless trap.

There were more but I don't recall. Several tailgaters.

The Holbrook Fairgrounds were actually pretty nice and could have accommodated quite a few more people/vendors.

A local group of Native American Dancers provided entertainment at the trappers feed and everything at the live auction sold at good levels despite the small crowd.
The Lady from Moyle Mink paid over five hundred for a forty dollar bottle of Tequilla!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: NTA Western Regional Convention June 7-8 - 06/16/19 02:45 PM

Thanks for the pictures and description of what took place, Mercer. Looks like a nice set up. Wish I was able to attend but it didn't work out.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums