Home

OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!!

Posted By: Canvasback2

OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 12:02 PM

WHAT A NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!! eek cry sick shocked crazy frown mad

3 , 10 Ounce bottles of Magnesium Citrate 4 PM , 8 PM and 11 PM

Three 20 Ounce bottles of Gatorade, some Glasses of white Grape Juice, Apple juice, Chicken brothe and 2 cans of strained chicken soup.

That was my food for yesterday. cry

That first bottle of Citrate went ok. Then came the 2nd bottle of Citrate at 8 PM. 30 minutes later, hobble (more like RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!) to the bathroom !! OH CRAP!! 2 rolls of Charmin used up ! Then I noticed a little blood! shocked 11 PM rolls around and just before I was to take the last bottle of Magnesium Citrate, it felt like the GATES TO YOU KNOW WHERE , BUT CANNOT BE SAID ON THIS FORUM , WERE OPENED UP !!!! eek tired shocked crazy OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, I noticed BLOOD ON THE TOILET PAPER!!!!!!!!! A WAD OF BLOOD!!!!

Went through 3 more rolls of toilet paper!!!!!!!!!

Finally got to sleep around 3AM

Woke up at 5 AM Had to run to the bathroom again!! More Blood. No more crap . Just a lot of colored liquid.

Took a good warm Bath as soon as I got off the toilet.

Called that Doctor up and talked to the Nurse. Told her what was going on , and that I WAS NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS COLON PREP STUFF AGAIN.

She said to just come on in.

CANVASBACK IS NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! cry sick
Posted By: trapre

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 12:06 PM

I feel your pain! I've done two of them and they are the worst thing ever! It got to the point I just said sorry people I am now living in the bathroom cause if I am not physically 5 feet or less from the toilet My toilet will be the floor. Worst part is, I have to get more throughout my life cry
Posted By: beachcomber13

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 12:49 PM

My father had prostate cancer so I had the pleasure of getting a colonoscopy a little earlier than many, at 48. Everything went well so I'm glad for that. However, since then I've learned that there is a lot of risk involved with getting them, even death. May want to search YouTube for some info. Also, they often times don't show correct results.
Posted By: white17

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 01:05 PM

OH Canvasback !!! Why didn't you read the instructions ??????????

You were supposed to drink water and the chicken soup. The Magnesium Citrate is to be poured on the toilet paper and used as a salve for your bum !! SHEESH!

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by beachcomber13
My father had prostate cancer so I had the pleasure of getting a colonoscopy a little earlier than many, at 48. Everything went well so I'm glad for that. However, since then I've learned that there is a lot of risk involved with getting them, even death. May want to search YouTube for some info. Also, they often times don't show correct results.
I wish it weren't true but I beat you by 40 years. I was 8.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 01:28 PM

Had my first and last on at 74 years old.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 01:38 PM

A buddy of mine had to have the dreaded procedure. He needed a ride to the hospital.

After he went in, a few minutes later an older man came out into the waiting area, obviously concerned.

I asked him what's going on. He elaborated that his wife had a colonoscopy, and she was having muscle cramps.

They actually gave her a shot of Morphine for the pain.

The nurse comes out and says your buddy is about up and ready. So I go back there and he's dead asleep.

Across the hall the curtain is open and a little ole lady is sitting on the bed. She looks at me and say's, "I would rather take a bullet, than do this again'!

I had to fight the urge to laugh. My buddy wakes up and say's "heh, I'll buy you a bucket of chicken when we get out of here", about 3 times.

Funny reactions to this process. Most times people need to drink more water to prevent dehydration.

I've had 2.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 01:49 PM

Hope it goes well Man!
Posted By: 2ndjoborfun

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 01:53 PM

Canvas - Good thing you are having a colonoscopy with the blood & all.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 01:56 PM

I've had one as well yes the prep work isn't the most fun however I always try to make the best out of a bad situation.
When I got into the room where this was going on I stated so this is where the Martians space ship lands !
Then I asked for a note after it was over and done with, when asked why my response was a few people have commented that my head must be up my butt and I want to note to prove it isn't ha ha everyone giggled except for the Dr oh well.
I promise you it's more enjoyable than chemo and radiation therapy for 7 weeks I promise you that.
Allan
Posted By: adam m

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:03 PM

Yup no fun. Had one at age 34. Hopefully the blood was just hemroids. Be glad it was 3 10 oz bottles. They gave me a gallon of something.
Posted By: 160user

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:09 PM

I will NEVER have one for a couple of reasons. #1, nothing goes IN my butt. That is exit only. #2 is I am certainly not PAYING someone to break rule #1. There are things worse than dying.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:09 PM

I can take this time to preach a bit..
I know from experience the whole process sucks.. I've had more scoping and prodding that most. I also had the dreaded colon cancer. So I'm now after chemo and radiation and 6 surgeries all hacked up and scared..
So guy I know it sucks and is as they say a literal pain in the butt..
Not knowing my family history and not going until I was bleeding? I will never know if it would have made a difference going in early.
Do it early do it often if they tell ya to..I go again here soon.
Drinking the goo is a lot easier that getting cored out like an apple>>
If you ever meet me in person ask me about what happened to my testicles first time I got scoped..I'm sure I can make you laugh but your going to wince first..

So Just do it folks it's worth the peace of mind!

Mac
Posted By: Ronaround

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:13 PM

light a candle and and a bottle of your finest wine.

BTW my Dr's name is really is Dr. Weinnerman who does colon jobs. Now if that isn't a kick in the pants... grin

Good Luck!
Posted By: Coon Duke

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:18 PM

Just did it a couple weeks ago for the first time.

Simple and easy. Can’t see what all the complaining was about from everyone all these years!
Posted By: Don

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:31 PM

Everyone needs a little "hindsight" in their life. laugh Yes I have been there done that. They left me in the waiting room for 4 hours with a shunt in my arm.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:34 PM

Best wishes Canvasback! Had the same procedure at 50. All went well except that it took a long time for the anesthesia to wear off. They finally had my wife come in to sit by me and for her to talk to me as I came out of dreamland. She said the first words that came out of my mouth were "pull my finger"! She stated to the staff that I was back to normal! laugh

Chris
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:36 PM

I believe that its the duration of flushing that's most indignity issue sitting on "the throne", sending everything you ever thought you had in you and then some.

Its not supposed to be fun. Its life saving.
Posted By: charles

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:39 PM

You'll feel fine tomorrow. Eat a plate of chitterlings tonight.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:50 PM

The Prep is really the worst for myself. But I was very glad I got it done at the age of 50, 3 Years ago. Will have to go in again in a year or 2. I like the way you explained your story cause it was very close to the same things that were happening to me.

You will be just fine and Good Luck with the Procedure!!!
Posted By: Posco

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:53 PM

You ain't lived until you've had a barium enema. No more exploratory stuff on me.
Posted By: ScottPhillips

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:57 PM

I agree the prep work is the worst, The nurse asks me "do you think you are cleaned out and the medicine worked? Why do they ask that ? an elephant would be cleaned out after that!

Scott
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
I will NEVER have one for a couple of reasons. #1, nothing goes IN my butt. That is exit only. #2 is I am certainly not PAYING someone to break rule #1. There are things worse than dying.

So you have never had your prostate checked ?

Well you apparently have never seen someone die from colon cancer. Plus your statements are not ignorant they are just plain stupid. I had the mis fortune to watch my mother -in law die from colon cancer. IT WAS AWEFUL. Normal body weight for her was around 120 lbs. It ate her slowly. She was too far gone when they found it for chemo. So her withering was the cancer and cancer only. When she passed she weighed 59 lbs. The dr said 1/3 of that was fluid build up from her kidneys shutting down. Grotesque way to die.

If a simple test that envolves pooping a lot can save your life than suck it up butter cups!! If that's the worst thing you endure in your lifetime you are blessed.

Also speaking AS someone who has gotten 3 in my lifetime sometimes if you start passing bright red blood during the clean out it is only hemarroids ..............

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

So you have never had your prostate checked ?

Well you apparently have never seen someone die from colon cancer. Plus your statements are not ignorant they are just plain stupid. I had the mis fortune to watch my mother -in law die from colon cancer. IT WAS AWEFUL. Normal body weight for her was around 120 lbs. It ate her slowly. She was too far gone when they found it for chemo. So her withering was the cancer and cancer only. When she passed she weighed 59 lbs. The dr said 1/3 of that was fluid build up from her kidneys shutting down. Grotesque way to die.

If a simple test that envolves pooping a lot can save your life than suck it up butter cups!! If that's the worst thing you endure in your lifetime you are blessed.

Also speaking AS someone who has gotten 3 in my lifetime sometimes if you start passing bright red blood during the clean out it is only hemarroids ..............

I am sorry for the loss of your Mother in law. To answer your question, NO I have never had it checked. We all have phobia's and mine is someone sticking a hose up my backside. I think of it like this, no one gets out alive. We will all die of something. My life, my prerogative.
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Coon Duke
Just did it a couple weeks ago for the first time.

Simple and easy. Can’t see what all the complaining was about from everyone all these years!

This!

Had my first a couple of years ago. Flushing part wasn't fun but there are definitely worse things.

Lots of ignorant comments on here.
Posted By: waggler

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:30 PM

I had my first one at 50, they found one pre-cancerous polyp, they said by having that removed I reduced my colon cancer chances by 90%, told me to come back in seven or eight years for another check. I did; found pre-cancerous polyp again. I will be going back in a few more years.

I had no problems at all, the worst part was not being able to eat the entire day before the event.

Colon cancer is probably the easiest cancer to prevent. At least do your loved ones a favour, as you approach 50 get it done!
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:40 PM

You should get both ends done at once to truly see what fun is.

I had 5 endo's done last summer. I have esophageal verices and have had them banded. I'll take a colonoscopy over getting banded any day of the week.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:41 PM

I think of it like this, no one gets out alive. We will all die of something. My life, my prerogative.

That's how I look at it.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:41 PM

Of all the things to worry about, a colonoscopy should be near the bottom of the list. The night before sucks, but we all live through it.
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:46 PM

I used to get bi weekly exams but my stupid insurance said that was too much and wouldn't cover it. So now I can only go once a month. We need insurance reform

Originally Posted by elkaholic

I had 5 endo's done last summer. I have esophageal verices and have had them banded. I'll take a colonoscopy over getting banded any day of the week.

I have done that too. No fun at all !

The thing that is most disconcerting is that you can't tell whether they are using the same tube for the endo that they just used for the colo !! They look exactly the same.
Posted By: bblwi

I have mine on Thursday. I am not looking forward to tomorrow for sure!

Bryce
Posted By: Madbeaver

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:47 PM

Skipping colonoscopy is just foolish. I got colon cancer at 46. Went through a year of (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) with radiation bowel resection surgery, chemo infusions, an ostomy bag for 6 months and then surgery to reverse the ostomy and get rid of the bag. A year later I thought I was getting back to normal, but the colon cancer came back in my right lung. Now I have one lung and went through all of the chemo infusion again. Only had a 25% chance the second time but I am 4 years out now. Very little feeling in my hands and feet now from chemo, don’t tolerate most foods well and can’t exert myself very much because my breathing gets bad quick. The impact on your family may be worse than what you go through. If you can avoid that by early detection and choose not to it is beyond foolish but also selfish if you have a family. And I feel extremely lucky because I had friends my same age that didn’t make it and their kids are growing up without them. Get a colonoscopy.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by white17

I have done that too. No fun at all !

The thing that is most disconcerting is that you can't tell whether they are using the same tube for the endo that they just used for the colo !! They look exactly the same.
when I went in the second time I had it done they did both ends. Dad could not stop telling me they reused the hose. LOL I was already nervous as heck!

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:50 PM

laugh
Posted By: Dave Plueger

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:51 PM

The prep wasn't fun, but it wasn't that bad either.

160user, with the drugs they administer, you'll never have a clue you've been violated!

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:56 PM

I did that on my most recent visit.
They did an endoscopy and colonoscopy during the same visit (had some acid reflux issues now fixed).
I asked the Dr. to please do the endoscopy first, or to at least clean off the camera very well if they did the colonoscopy first; he chuckled a bit, I always have wondered which went first.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 03:57 PM

My wife died from colon cancer. Believe me, if you are 50 or over, get a colonoscopy. A little inconvenience is not any where close to the horrible death from dying from colon cancer and how it affects every close family member.
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 04:01 PM

I had a prostrate biopsy done one time and it was no picnic. The dr put some numbing stuff up there and didn’t wait long enough for it to get numb! When he stuck that probe in there I just about went through the roof eek
I was kicking and swearing and he said, Don’t fight it! I just about kicked him in the teeth for saying something that stupid. I could feel that thing taking hunks of my prostrate off I would jerk every time! Glad I don’t have to go through that crap again
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by waggler

I did that on my most recent visit.
They did an endoscopy and colonoscopy during the same visit (had some acid reflux issues now fixed).
I asked the Dr. to please do the endoscopy first, or to at least clean off the camera very well if they did the colonoscopy first; he chuckled a bit, I always have wondered which went first.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 04:07 PM

Our hospital still goes by the rule that you have to fart before you leave.

I was laying there just waiting for that nurse to walk in the room. She hit the door and started to ask if I farted yet. I let loose. My wife looked horrified. I just giggled.

White, I know they did the endo first as I woke up during the colonoscopy.

The esophageal banding they did hurt like (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) for 2 weeks until those bands fell off.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 04:08 PM

Maybe I should get it done. My doctor happens to be a quite attractive female and she's always flirting with me when I go in for a physical. She reminds me I should have it done. I told her if I could do one on her should could do one on me. It's a stalemate.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
Maybe I should get it done. My doctor happens to be a quite attractive female and she's always flirting with me when I go in for a physical. She reminds me I should have it done. I told her if I could do one on her should could do one on me. It's a stalemate.

Don't go that route !!

The next thing you know it's dinners and movies and white wine spritzers. Not worth it !! Get a male doc to do the procedure. Just make sure he has small knuckles
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 04:12 PM

Glad you're getting it done.
For the sigmoidoscopy they never even gave me an option for the oral fluid. Self enema saline stuff was not what I'd call fun.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 04:14 PM

Don't go that route !!

The next thing you know it's dinners and movies and white wine spritzers. Not worth it !! Get a male doc to do the procedure. Just make sure he has small knuckles

Lol!. I don't even want to know about the knuckles.
Posted By: Ronaround

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
I had my first one at 50, they found one pre-cancerous polyp, they said by having that removed I reduced my colon cancer chances by 90%, told me to come back in seven or eight years for another check. I did; found pre-cancerous polyp again. I will be going back in a few more years.

I had no problems at all, the worst part was not being able to eat the entire day before the event.

Colon cancer is probably the easiest cancer to prevent. At least do your loved ones a favour, as you approach 50 get it done!

Waggler> Exact same issue here at 61, 2x i have gone since age 59. found pre-polyps both times.So every 3-4 years i'll be going back if i can afford it. it is life saving for sure.
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 05:26 PM

I go every 5 years. first time I got a intern that said he was going to observe the procedure.i ask him to tell the doc we where playing star trek, he was about to go where no man has gone before! 3 NURSES HIT THE FLOOR LAUGHING! now I get big band aids and leave the doc a message on my butt. usually its to see if he found my missing car keys or the t.v. remote.
Posted By: Dan Barnhurst

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 05:50 PM

Don't miss an opportunity. Have the doctor sign a letter to whom it may concern: "After an exhaustive search I was unable to find his head up there". You'll have proof LOL.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Barnhurst
Don't miss an opportunity. Have the doctor sign a letter to whom it may concern: "After an exhaustive search I was unable to find his head up there". You'll have proof LOL.

Get it laminated and carry it in your wallet

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 05:58 PM

Don't go that route !! Get a male doc to do the procedure.

Hopefully a straight Male doctor
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 05:58 PM

My doctor can sew me up,,and that's only if its too deep for me to do myself cause I don't have that double stiching down pat yet.Other than that he can keep his nose out of where ot don't belong.
Posted By: ringtail 60

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 06:01 PM

My condolences to those that lost a loved one to colon cancer.
. I lost a cousin at 50 from it, my grandfather beat it but wore an ostomy bag the rest of his life. I have had the test multiple times due to the family history and finding precancerous polyps each time.
To me, the prep is the worst, but worth it to prevent cancer.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 06:08 PM

I had to drink one 10 oz bottle of the stuff, then take 4 pills. That did the trick. Found a bucket full of precancerous polyps. Just got the bill yesterday for $1444. Insurance paid zero.
Even was charged for "brief/emotional/behavio" $21. I thought I was just giving the cute nurse a compliment! She looked like "Baby" in the movie Dirty Dancing.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 06:33 PM

i thought it was easy. I didn't eat much for two days before. Had two bottles of the stuff the day before.
Piece of cake. Out like a light for the procedure and slept the rest of the day at home. Don't be afraid of it.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 06:48 PM

I'll be going in for my 4th colonoscopy next month. I'm on a 5 year schedule. Had my 4th endoscopy last year. I'm on a two year schedule for those after I had developed stomach cancer.

Both procedures are easy.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 06:49 PM

Got back from the Surgery Center about 20 minutes ago. I was half awake when they started running the scope through. Then was knocked out. Spoke to doc after surgery. Found one little thing that they are sending out for biopsy. Know more in 10 to 15 days. Doesn't think it is cancer. Said to come back in 10 years for another one. Then he said that I was one of the lucky 3 % or so, that test a false positive with the colongard

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 06:57 PM

Many people don't know that you aren't unconscious during the procedure. They call it conscious sedation. Same with an endoscopy. I swear I can remember going out, but apparently it's just my last memory before "blacking out".
Posted By: coydog2

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 07:11 PM

I had one done some years ago and drink the stuff the night before was the pain. Other then that you do not know what happened.no problem. As for have your prostate check I have a female doctor and she ask about to check it and told her that I hear about it and told me you will not know that it will be done. She had the nurse there also and so I told her lets do it and drop my pants. It was funny for the look on there face .She check it and was good to go. Simple and done. It is still funny for the look on my doctors face.
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 07:16 PM

I’ve had two colonoscopies so far. My brother had to have two in one week. I believe he lost 10lbs that week.
The prep sure beats the alternative of not getting one in time.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 07:23 PM

I've never thought it was that big of a deal. The drug they give you is an amnesiac. Every time I've had one I remember laying on the table and asking when they will be getting started? And my wife telling me it was over half an hour ago. shocked
Posted By: teepee2

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 07:38 PM

For those of you that say NO WAY. I guess you would rather scream in pain for a month or two before you die. If you'er worried about the cost make sure you have enough to pay for the morphine when time comes. Or you could do what a couple of manly brothers did in my area, when diagnosed with colon cancer go out to the barn and kiss a 12ga. That would leave a lasting impression on your wife or kids when they found you. Like you say it's your life.
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 07:44 PM

Yep..I know people like that
Posted By: rod-dog

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 08:56 PM

My suggestion if no one else has already told you is to eat / drink a decent amount of probiotics ...yogurt...kefir...or something to re-establish a good flora in the intestional tract,,,it helped on my end...yuk yuk..
Posted By: 2ndjoborfun

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 08:58 PM

It is "the lesser of two evils" by far. Colonoscopy vs. Colon/rectal cancer.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 10:21 PM

My doc always does both ends when I get mine. No different Im asleep like a baby.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 10:26 PM

160 why are you eating? Drinking ? Heck for that matter even breathing . You are going to die anyway!!!! Don't do anything to prolong the ineventable . Do you take any Meds? If so why ? You are going to die anyway. Why bother.
Remember no one makes it out alive.!!!

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 10:30 PM

Don't go that route !!

Yea be seeing him on the news in hand cuffs. Harassment , racist , or what ever the hip word is this week. LOL

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 11:38 PM

Yea right Posco. If she flirts with two many patients I don't think she would have a practice very long. You think you'er the only one? something special huh? Also by the way why are you going in for a physical? You won't do what this bombshell recommends, and you'er going to die anyway right.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/12/19 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
Yea right Posco. If she flirts with two many patients I don't think she would have a practice very long. You think you'er the only one? something special huh? Also by the way why are you going in for a physical? You won't do what this bombshell recommends, and you'er going to die anyway right.

Uptight much?

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 12:05 AM

I had a hot Doctor from India at the Mayo clinic wanted to stick her finger in my butt. I said okay, but let's keep this professional. Anjela Bhagra. She was hot.
I love the stuff they put you out with. I said "I can feel it starting to wo..........." Lights out. Best hour of sleep I ever had. Have had it three times now.
Dr said that's what Michael Jackson died from.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 12:17 AM

Prep wasn't near as bad as I heard or feared.
But I've been known to eat off of food trucks.

Think I made it to 99 trying to count backwards from 100.
Was done before I knew they started!

I was however, one of the rare ones who woke
up violent. Jumped up and started tossing things in recovery.
Scheduling my second soon.
Posted By: SkunkQuillWant

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 12:19 AM

A lot of times don't they say your likely to die from another cause before this type of cancer gets worse?
Posted By: Boco

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 12:21 AM

That is true for younger people,but not once you reach 60 or so.
Family history could dictate much earlier,like 40's.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 12:22 AM

For the record, my father, one of my brothers and my best friend were all taken by cancer. I'm fifty-nine and haven't been scoped yet. Probably never will be. We all make choices.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 12:26 AM

Its nothing.Had one at 60.3 non cancerous polyps removed.
Due again this summer.
Posted By: Malukchuk

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:10 AM

I just had my colon checked today. Yesterday wasn't as bad as they say. Took four pills for stool softener, drank a milk jug of colon cleanser in three hours. Supposed it helped I didn't eat much yesterday all I had was water. Had diarrhea last night but it wasn't bad. Had the test done this morning doc said everything is good.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:22 AM

For the record, my father, one of my brothers and my best friend were all taken by cancer. I'm fifty-nine and haven't been scoped yet. Probably never will be. We all make choices.

Colon cancer is a fixable cancer.....my Dad died from it @72..... I put if off until I was 53... should have had it done at 50.....anyways they found a polyp with cancer ....they said it was at the tip of the polyp and not at the base.....Doc said “ if you had put your head in the sand ...in 2 years ,we would have had a problem. I am on the 3 year plan....had 3 so far...and the best sleep you’ll evah get. They could cut both your legs off ...and you wouldn’t know. So get your head out of your anus...and get it done ! It’s a painful way to die....and it all can be avoided. Man up and take it up the ..SS .
Posted By: wetdog

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:25 AM

4 pages of pooper talk. Lol
Like 160 said, mines an off ramp only
Nothing goes in, just out

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Colon cancer is a fixable cancer.....my Dad died from it @72..... I put if off until I was 53... should have had it done at 50.....anyways they found a polyp with cancer ....they said it was at the tip of the polyp and not at the base.....Doc said “ if you had put your head in the sand ...in 2 years ,we would have had a problem. I am on the 3 year plan....had 3 so far...and the best sleep you’ll evah get. They could cut both your legs off ...and you wouldn’t know. So get your head out of your anus...and get it done ! It’s a painful way to die....and it all can be avoided. Man up and take it up the ..SS .

That's a compelling argument. I got this phobia about people poking around certain areas of my body. I had a cyst in that region that caused me to go to the doctor...only because stabbing it with a fork proved unfruitful.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:31 AM

Almost everyone will get it if you live long enough and its 100% cureable when caught early.Dumb not to get it fixed.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Almost everyone will get it if you live long enough and its 100% cureable when caught early.Dumb not to get it fixed.

You're right. I'll check into it.
Posted By: charles

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:37 AM

I think I have had four or five. My first was in the 80s and it was done in the doctors office with no meds. You only feel pressure, no pain. The doctor went all the way through the colon. I saw it all on the same screen he was watching and he pointed out features as they passed by. i had a couple of polyps near my anus. They looked like ping pong balls on the screen. When we finished I asked the nurse to show them to me. She handed me a test tube. The polyp was floating in a liquid. Mabout the size of a #8 bird shot. I walked out of the office

My last exam was at about age 68. Dr told me I'd not likely need another unless my local doctor thought it prudent.
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:39 AM

Hey, I had one about 5 years ago. Piece of cake. Probably best and easiest thing I ever did for my long term health. I was a little on edge before.... but that was about it. Lots of people told me it was easy. Hardest part was doing the clean out but looking back that wasn't even so bad. I wish doing an MRI was as easy as having the colon test !!!

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:47 AM

I had a barium enema when I was a kid. That wasn't much fun being propped up on your knees with your privates exposed to the world.

A guy I work with had a colonoscopy and they perforated his bowel. He was out of work for months, they almost killed him.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:48 AM

No they rectem lol

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
160 why are you eating? Drinking ? Heck for that matter even breathing . You are going to die anyway!!!! Don't do anything to prolong the ineventable . Do you take any Meds? If so why ? You are going to die anyway. Why bother.
Remember no one makes it out alive.!!!

I eat and drink what I want, don’t take any medication and only go to the doctor if I can’t stop the bleeding on my own. I am enjoying life to the fullest each day and have no regrets.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 02:21 AM

I'm with you 160
I heard a saying when I was young
Everything dies, that's life
Kinda just how I look at life

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 02:24 AM

Or you could do what a couple of manly brothers did in my area, when diagnosed with colon cancer go out to the barn and kiss a 12ga. That would leave a lasting impression on your wife or kids when they found you.

My uncle did that but he put it under his chin. As my father who found him described it...he was buried in the floor up to his ears. My sister was there to help clean up the mess. A cowards way out. At least have the courtesy to gas yourself in the garage.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 02:29 AM

Or you could do what a couple of manly brothers did in my area, when diagnosed with colon cancer go out to the barn and kiss a 12ga. That would leave a lasting impression on your wife or kids when they found you.

My uncle did that but he put it under his chin. As my father who found him described it...he was buried in the floor up to his ears. My sister was there to help clean up the mess. A cowards way out. At least have the courtesy to gas yourself in the garage.

When my time comes I plan to smear myself with bacon grease head to toe and go find a bear. I will drop kick him in the nads and then let the best critter win.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 02:40 AM

When my time comes I plan to smear myself with bacon grease head to toe and go find a bear. I will drop kick him in the nads and then let the best critter win.

I like your grit. I wouldn't mind squeaking a couple more decades out of this thing but I've always been more or less resigned to not fighting my end. It'll be here in the blink of an eye.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 02:43 AM

I've always believed in the old ways.
If I know my time is short I'll take the last walk
I will let what I love take me
Mother nature

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 02:53 AM

I like your grit. I wouldn't mind squeaking a couple more decades out of this thing but I've always been more or less resigned to not fighting my end. It'll be here in the blink of an eye.

Grit must be a synonym for stupidity but I am living with no regrets. I have no desire to live to be 90 with the last 2 decades in the nursing home.
To those of you that feel the need to tell me how to live I appreciate your concern however I have no desire to have someone explore my tailpipe let alone pay them to do it. If you are into it, I won’t judge.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 02:57 AM

I have to have a colonoscopy every 2 years and an endoscopy every year. I actually look forward to the rest during and afterwards. My wife loves it so she has plenty of stories to tell, lol! Apparently I was pretending I was Captain Morgan while holding my finger out the curtains telling whoever was passing to pull it. She said the worst part is all the nurses were pulling! She said I’d fart and then start laughing and fart some more. When I walk in now they all know me.
The prep sucks but I know when I’m having the procedure and really watch my diet the week leading up to it. First or second time I had it done I ate an entire large pizza prior to the deadline of not being able to eat because I had to basically have a liquid diet the day before my procedure. When that stuff hit I swore on my life I’d never do that again!!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by wetdog
4 pages of pooper talk. Lol
Like 160 said, mines an off ramp only
Nothing goes in, just out

laugh

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 03:29 AM

What I would like to know, is why the Colon guard test came back positive for Cancer, but the Colonoscopy showed I had no Cancer?

EDIT: Waiting back for the results of the biopsy the Doc took, but he said it didn't look like Cancer.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
What I would like to know, is why the Colon guard test came back positive for Cancer, but the Colonoscopy showed I had no Cancer?

EDIT: Waiting back for the results of the biopsy the Doc took, but he said it didn't look like Cancer.

Did he taste it lol

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 03:32 AM

Colon guard

Takes some of the glamour out of being a UPS driver.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 03:33 AM

That’s what my doc said too...but he was wrong

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

That's a compelling argument. I got this phobia about people poking around certain areas of my body. I had a cyst in that region that caused me to go to the doctor...only because stabbing it with a fork proved unfruitful.
And you call me uptight? Listen what ever your fears are, they are unfounded. what ever your reasons are they are groundless. It seems that you go to the doctor for other things, check up, cyst. For the LIFE of me I can't see why you wouldn't do this simple procedure. Maybe it is because I'm a 8yrs out from being diagnosed with cancer, detected early by a colonoscopy, two more check ups and they will call me cancer free. I won't bother you anymore.
Posted By: The Savage

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 03:45 AM

I'm 50 and have had 3.... Both my parents died of colon cancer, so I take it pretty seriously .... The first one they found some polyps, 2 were pre-cancer . Snipped them off , all good ... I go every 5 years... Cancers a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)...do yourself and your family a favor and get it done. Earlier the better IMO (and most of the doctors I've talked to)

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 03:46 AM

I'm praying it's not Canvasback2.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 03:58 AM

I won't bother you anymore.

You weren't bothering me, you came across as being hostile and I was wondering what provoked it.
Posted By: Wolverine Hunter

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 04:07 AM

Lots of drama here. But I'm not judging. My simple advice is, get er done. This ain't anything to play with.

Fought with Ulcerative Colitis my entire life. Had the entire lower unit removed a decade ago (and not one bit ashamed to say it, cuz most younger guys STILL can't keep up with me). Had more colonoscopies in my life than most of you combined. Multiple checks per year for a few decades. Got to be a routine. Knew the docs and nurses super well. No big deal. At first, they were "keeping an eye on things", but with time, nothing was working and the thing was out of control, and couldn't be stopped. I had to make some tough choices, but in the same breath, they were "no-brainers."

Thing is - I caught my first wolverine last Sunday. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to catch my first wolf in the next week or two. Life is grand, and there isn't much of anything that is going to keep me from it. Tenacious sons of B's will do what it takes to survive. And to survive, I gotta trap, hunt, fish, be with precious family and friends, help others, etc. I wouldn't be here if I hadn't done what I've done. No regrets here.

This is one of my areas of expertise. That's the life I've been handed. If I can help, PM me.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 04:13 AM

Yep..Had my first one at 35..due to problems..I would be dead now if I hadn't went at 35..had polpys 3/4 inch and were milignant..

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Wolverine Hunter
Thing is - I caught my first wolverine last Sunday.

Pics and details.
Posted By: Wolverine Hunter

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Wolverine Hunter
Thing is - I caught my first wolverine last Sunday.

Pics and details.

It's on my journal on the wilderness forum check it out...
Posted By: johnsd16

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I had a hot Doctor from India at the Mayo clinic wanted to stick her finger in my butt. I said okay, but let's keep this professional. Anjela Bhagra. She was hot.

I about fell off the couch laughing when I read this. Never thought I’d see her name on trapperman. Dr. Bhagra is a pretty lady but I don’t know about hot.

Colon cancer is the #3 cancer for prevalence for men and women in the US (prostate/breast and lung), and the #2 cancer killer behind lung. Colonoscopy is the only cancer screening test that can detect AND remove pre-cancers. Cologuard is designed to have maximal sensitivity thus is prone to false positives. It is interesting to see the layman’s perspective. I’ve done about 2000-2500 so far in my career so it’s very day to day for me. I’ve taken a few preps to see what it’s like but never had a colonoscopy. Had an upper before. Don’t remember it.

If you’re having one done, have it done by a gastroenterologist. If you’re worried about it, meet them before in the office and talk about options, THEIR rates for complication, polyp detection, etc if it makes you more comfortable. If they don’t know those numbers or want to share them find someone else.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 06:31 AM

I wonder if folks who don't believe in Dr. checkups also are the same kind of people who never check their oil until their rig blows up, or go boating without a life jacket, etc, etc..

Going to the Dr. for routine maintenance is no different than maintaining your vehicle.

I've had a persistent cough for over a month, got into the Dr. this morning. After a half dozen questions about smoking, if I had ever smoked (no), had I ever been around a lot of second hand smoke (no) Dr. put me on a breathing machine of sorts for ten minutes with some sort of drug in the vapor. Wow, I haven't breathed this well in over a month. She put me on a regimen of some drug that will heal up my inflamed bronchial tubes and wants me back for a chest x-ray in a week if I don't have a lot of improvement in the next five days. I plan to be well by Friday as I'm planning to be skiing in about four feet of new powder snow.

I should have taken this care of a couple of weeks ago, maintenance is too important to ignore.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:29 PM

A lot of macho bullcrap being spewed on here. I hope the ones who say they won’t have the procedure done for whatever reason, don’t have family of any kind. Because you are being nothing but selfish for not having it done. Especially when it is a curable Cancer if caught early. The thing is most will not know they have a problem until it’s to late. I have friends who still have not had it done. It doesn’t matter if colon cancer doesn’t run in your family. A person can still get it, it has to start somewhere. If not caught early enough, the cancer will most likely matastasize to other organs and then it’s to late. Suck it up Buttercups and be real men, for your family’s and have the painless procedure done.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 01:36 PM

[Linked Image]
Hot or not? Maybe it was the accent!
Posted By: johnsd16

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 03:28 PM

Look up a pic of her husband Sumit, you probably have a chance!

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 07:53 PM

You younger guys that say you don’t want to live to a ripe old age crack me up. I said that when I was younger. When I retired 10 years ago at age 62, I told my doctor that if he could give me 10 years I would be happy. He laughed and said in 10 years you will ask me for another 10 years. He was right. Here it is 10 years later and I would like to have another 10 (or more). If you are relatively healthy take the years. You can’t enjoy life if your dead from colon cancer especially for something that is easily preventable. Once it’s time for the nursing home I will pray that God takes me (maybe).

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 08:36 PM

You all live you're life, I live mine.
I eat a proper diet most from my garden and nature
Plenty of exercise everyday
Quite time away from stress
I've had a few health issues, blew my back out in 99
In 14 I got a thing in my head. The meds they gave me made me worse.
Found a home remedy and have not looked back
Nothing macho about it just common sense
Posted By: 2Trackmaster

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 08:37 PM

I have had one every year from the age of 35 to 45 because of family history. Last year Doc told me see you in three years. I don't go to the doctor hardly ever in relatively good shap. But If I had not been going for the last ten years on yearly schedule I might not be here today. My Dad had colon cancer in his late 50's he is now 72. He lives a good life and has had multiple surgeries and is cancer free and lives with out a bag. He is not the same man he was BUT he will tell you it beats being dead. Had he not fought the fight he did there would be two grandchildren that would have never of known my Dad. Just do it its not that big of deal. Get the prepi pack its a lot better than that other stuff like others have said preparing is the worst part. I have done it enough now thought its no big deal.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 09:06 PM

LOL
That's far from common sense.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 09:13 PM

Yep..I'm glad I'm still alive
Posted By: coalminer

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 09:28 PM

I had 2, 1 at 50, second at 62 both clean. To those who chose not to have tests done , oh well your life. Had a bud, owner of a coal company, owned several farms, rich, 3 beautiful daughters who loved him dearly, on top of the world. Developed diarrhea at 56 , had for a year before getting checked, colon cancer, weighed bout 250 when this all started, weighed 97 lbs at age 57 when he died, proved a lot huh?

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 09:49 PM

Wonder if CB survived??
Posted By: Minker

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 11:41 PM

Endoscope i had done 16-17 years ago saved my life doctor told me then.
I had a polyop the size of a pop can inside my stomach , i told the doctors my stomach's capacity had shrunk & that was what they found . Cut it in 10 pieces & brought it out thru my throat .
90% + cancer they said but tests proved otherwize. Doctor said anything that survives long inside the stomach is rarely not deadly.
Week later they did colonscope to make sure nothing was down there & did another endoscope to double check stomach , both were good.
Scopes sence then found 1 small polyop in colon which was ok.
Colonscope every 5 , endo every 2 because of acid reflux.
Prostrate exams every 2 because of having prostititus from driving a truck.

Seen too many die horrible deaths from colon,prostrate,stomach , throat cancers, all of which can be caught early with simple exams .

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 11:52 PM

I think the colon guard detects blood. Blood can come from more sources than cancer. roids, ulcers ect

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/13/19 11:55 PM

[Linked Image]

Duh HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember you are asking a bunch of old farts that are old enough to be having colonoscopy !!!! Don't take much to be in the hot category ...LOL

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/14/19 12:52 AM

Thank you. Thought maybe I stood alone on that one! Definitely stood out from the rest of the crowd walking around Mayo Clinic.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/14/19 01:47 AM

[Linked Image]

She can check my prostrate anytime......

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/14/19 01:49 AM

I liked the way she snapped the plastic glove against her wrist when she got it pulled all the way on............that was hot.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/14/19 06:51 AM

The word hot is nowadays politically incorrect. She is highly intellectual.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/14/19 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by M.Magis

LOL
That's far from common sense.

I agree, you can live and eat well. That will help but not a guarantee. I believe they recommend the age at 45 now for colonoscopies. Sure wish my brother would’ve know that.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/19/19 06:31 PM

Good news !!!

Got the call from the Doc a minute ago ! No Polyps and NO CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Said to follow up in five years , but don't have to do the colon flush drink for 10 years.

Canvasback is HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! smile
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/19/19 06:42 PM

Congrats. The relief of getting good results must feel good.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/19/19 06:44 PM

Colonoscopy is nothing , I had done an polyps token with no ansthia, no pain, years ago they never used have gas to inflate u an air, that did hurt , any that stuff is nothing, there are things a hundred times worse
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/19/19 07:32 PM

Once you've had a biopsy for prostate cancer, a colonoscopy is like a cup of tea. In fact, anything is a cup of tea after that.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/19/19 07:39 PM

They have changed a lot in the last few years, nothing to it. The worst part is the pre cleansing
Posted By: coonman220

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/19/19 09:35 PM

Getting ready for it was horrid. I call up in morning an ask if could drink coffee an take Tylenol an get it over with instead at end day, some ppl have reactions to that clesn out stuff , I have reactions to ansthia , get very sick.i have been getting sick with flu like reactions to 1 job with using lots oil on metal , touchy skin, summer is very bad with plants

Re: OMG!! Colonoscopy today !!! - 02/19/19 10:05 PM

Congrats Canvasback2
© 2024 Trapperman Forums