Home

Yamaha Kodiak 700 quad?

Posted By: coalminer

Yamaha Kodiak 700 quad? - 02/16/19 02:53 AM

Anyone run a Yamaha quad, particular the 700 Kodiak. Looking for reviews, thoughts, good-bad all welcome.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Yamaha Kodiak 700 quad? - 02/16/19 02:57 AM

I have a 2015. I like it, beast of a machine.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Yamaha Kodiak 700 quad? - 02/16/19 07:55 AM

I have a fleet of the older 450 Yamaha Kodiaks so I can't speak for the bigger ones, but I have been using some of mine for over ten years in a salt water environment, and they're still running great, replaced a couple of wheel bearings on one machine and two rear brake calipers and that's it.
I was initially a little concerned about the electrical system in the salt air, but no issues at all. They've been holding up to corrosion much better that some of the other machines I and my friends have.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Yamaha Kodiak 700 quad? - 02/16/19 10:46 AM

I have a 660 Rhino... I would buy another one, we don't baby it.
Posted By: OntheOttawa

Re: Yamaha Kodiak 700 quad? - 02/16/19 01:11 PM

I bought a 2018 in May of last year. Used it for spring bear, moose hunt , touring and trapping, put on 1400km (800 miles?) and it has yet to let me down. My trapping season this yr was all snow and was awfull conditions for a quad but it pulled through well until too much snow made me put it away. It so far has endured some wicked loads and trailering, plenty of power and the gas consumption was on par for the 708cc motor and the upper and lower headlights were good for night driving. There are only 2 things I noticed that could be better/modified... the wheel wells should have an extenders to protect them from brush rubbing and redirect mud and in cold temps the tire rubber stiffens considerably and I "felt" traction suffered some. The tires are not a real biggy just what I noticed after using the same type/brand on my old quads for 22 yrs till i bought my new Kodiak.
Posted By: coolbrze

Re: Yamaha Kodiak 700 quad? - 02/17/19 09:15 PM

Have owned several Kodiaks (not the 700 though) & they're tough machines! Love them along w/ their big brother the Griz!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums