Welcome to Kentucky

Posted By: jbyrd63

Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 03:24 PM

Ok less than 48 hours ago it was 64 and I was mowing. [Linked Image]

Now it is 24 and this

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 03:26 PM

I feel your pain... It was almost 70° here Thursday. Now we are glazed over with ice and freezing rain.

Mike
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 03:31 PM

A few days ago I went from 30 to -30
Posted By: white17

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 03:31 PM

Consider yourself lucky !!
Posted By: Rockfarmer

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 03:33 PM

Mike - we have same in sw Missouri. How bad are the roads in NE OK and are you supposed to get more freezing rain tonight?

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rockfarmer
Mike - we have same in sw Missouri. How bad are the roads in NE OK and are you supposed to get more freezing rain tonight?

Where are you in SW MO?

The roads were slick here last night. My sister spun out on one of the overpasses nearby. She was shaken up but fine, no damage.

I didn't chance it. I called in to work today. It will give me time to get caught up on some stuff around the house and get hay put out for the stock.

More freezing rain forecasted tonight.

Mike

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Where are you in SW MO?

The roads were slick here last night. My sister spun out on one of the overpasses nearby. She was shaken up but fine, no damage.

I didn't chance it. I called in to work today. It will give me time to get caught up on some stuff around the house and get hay put out for the stock.

Mike

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Where are you in SW MO?

Mike

Mike - Thanks for the reply. I am 45 minutes north of Joplin. We were supposed to go to east texas for a few days but cancelled due to this weather and they are supposed to get heavy rain next 5-7 days down there. we are covered in ice and getting more tonight also. Not worth the risk. We would have took I 44 and then hit the Indian Nation turnpike. Sounds like a good thing we cancelled. Again - thanks for the info and stay safe
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 04:55 PM

That's terrible your lawn looked so nice

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 05:01 PM

Rockfarmer I'm sure it isn't as bad here as it is up there. But I just don't chance it when it comes to ice.

If you had left yesterday you probably would've been fine. Things are pretty decent here now that the day has warmed up a little. But it will likely get crummy again later.

Freeze/Thaw is a pain to deal with.

Mike
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 05:03 PM

Week before last it went from 45 degrees to -2 in around 24 hours here.
Posted By: Range

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 05:07 PM

Those pictures tell me that lawn mowing in February turns the world on its side. A little cold and snow has put it back on its axis.

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 05:07 PM

Yes week of Feb 3 here it was 79 degrees at 4 pm . Then by 10 am it was 19. That night it got down to -2 . 81 degree change in 24 hours. Plus we had severe storms and high winds that brought the cold in

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 05:09 PM

LOL 2 years ago I mowed on NEW YEARS DAY !!!! I put triple 19 fert and pelletized lime on my yard in November. It really jumps if we have a few warm days.
Posted By: niteprowler

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 05:15 PM

Karma lmao - From a Northern Guy lol
Posted By: pass-thru

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 05:18 PM

The fact that you would consider mowing in February tells me you might be OCD....the wavy mower marks through cut grass tells me you are not.

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by pass-thru
The fact that you would consider mowing in February tells me you might be OCD....the wavy mower marks through cut grass tells me you are not.

I had the mower set on the highest setting and still cut trails like that.
Had to mow not big on raking .....

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by pass-thru

[Linked Image]

This is why there are curves in my mowing . I mow in the same direction throwing clippings away from house.

Not drunk like some may think LOL

Oh yes 50 degrees now snow gone ........
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Welcome to Kentucky - 02/16/19 06:31 PM

Add a 40MPH wind and it's just like SD then!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums