Home

Successful bagworm eradication ?

Posted By: TurkeyTime

Successful bagworm eradication ? - 02/17/19 11:29 PM

Hello. The past 3 summers bagworms have been getting in the cedars I planted for a windbreak. These are bagworms=grape size bags, not webworms=spider web looking mass with a lot of visible worms. I tried a chemical 1 st summer, then 2 summers of a natural/neem oil spray. All I have done is barely slow them down and given them a headache. This summer I want eradication. Has anyone been successful? What product? Thank you for your time.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Successful bagworm eradication ? - 02/17/19 11:40 PM

I think this is about the only sure way... But then you won't have a wind break.

[Linked Image]

Maybe someone else has an actual helpful suggestion.

Mike
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Successful bagworm eradication ? - 02/17/19 11:51 PM

It was a never ending battle for me i hit them with everything. finally cut a burned.
Posted By: bogio

Re: Successful bagworm eradication ? - 02/17/19 11:54 PM

We fight them in arborvitaes. Spray them a couple times a season with malathion. Ongoing battle.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Successful bagworm eradication ? - 02/18/19 12:33 AM

Orthene is more effective if you can still find it. It is much longer lasting as it is a systemic. It won't be washed away by the rain. You need to apply it as soon as you notice the earliest immature ones showing up, and then again one month later to catch any late emerging ones.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Successful bagworm eradication ? - 02/18/19 01:30 AM

We used to spray'em with gas and then shoot'em with bottle rockets when I was a kid. Suppose that's yet another thing that's frowned upon now.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Successful bagworm eradication ? - 02/18/19 01:32 AM

When I was a youngster I battled stuff on the bag with a shampoo that had alcohol in it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums