Home

Is the border wall going to kill butterflies?

Posted By: muskrat411

Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 06:01 AM

Not trying to hippie out but my son says the wall is going going to interfere with butterfly 🦋 migration and possibly lead to exstinction. Is this a real concern?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 06:10 AM

No, but if it melts snowflakes then I'm for it.

Your son needs an education, see to it.

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 06:54 AM

I’m glad you think it’s not a problem. Leaving politics out of it purely a butterfly issue what you basing your conclusion on? If he has been getting bad info I want to tell him but I need a plausable argument to present.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 07:34 AM

Butterfly's can fly over the wall.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 08:36 AM

My guess is this is Democrap propaganda. If a butterfly can make it from Minnesota to Mexico, I'm sure they can get over a 20ft wall. I let monarchs go every year and they often times fly right up and over my 70 ft trees here.
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 08:45 AM

the SCOTUS ruled against the animal rights group because their claims were not valid
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 09:47 AM

Monarch butterflies have been seen as high as 11,000 feet by glider pilots.

So the height of the wall shouldn't be an issue.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 10:45 AM

Mexicans can climb 20 feet with ladders, so why can't butterflies fly over a 20' wall?
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 10:57 AM

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when you ask him for his evidence of the death of the butterflies. Reminds me of the video going around how the wolves rerouted rivers by killing everything in their path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q
Posted By: Marty

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 11:41 AM

I also heard it will be very bad for wildlife.... laugh

Maybe we need to build it and see what happens? Sort of like passing the aca so we can see what the bill says?
Posted By: Squash

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 11:42 AM

Monarch butterflies over several generations can fly from Mexico to Canada, fly over the Great Lakes, over the Appalachian and Adirondack mountains, but the border wall will lead to their extinction. What a crock of $hit.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 11:56 AM

I’ve heard it all now.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by M.Magis
I’ve heard it all now.

Oh...just wait, they'll think of more.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 01:24 PM

There is so much non sense spewed about the negative effects of a wall. We have had walls for generations. Animals and wildlife in general adapts to the environmental changes. Always does.

If the wall even has the slat design it will have no behavioral changes for any birds, insects or butterflies. If any they may have to fly a bit higher then normal to get over it.

They will be some good snare and conibear areas to work with once it has been there a few years.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 01:35 PM

With the slat design, bigger birds wont be able to fly thru it.

Maybe there needs to be a 10 million dollar study, shouldnt take too many years to do that.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 01:46 PM

I guess my first question would be, how old is muskrat11 son? I was concerned with Wind farm kill bee's. We know they kill Hawks and other birds. I know there will be post that some are glad they kill hawk. Save your fingers we all know that already.
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 02:11 PM

Y'all are looking at it wrong. The wall makes it easier for butterfly poachers who pluck rare insects that land on walls to rest. You would be amazed at the market them sell for weddings, butterfly gardens, collectors. The EEP (Entomology Enforcement Police) would have all sorts of problems at the border since Mexico does not recognize US butterfly collection regulations.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 02:18 PM

Tell him he just got "jussied" and move on.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 02:27 PM

Make sure you tell him the Mexicans need to sell the butter flies to pay for the wall..

Mac

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 02:31 PM

I went to a big wedding in Ohio. They had 300 butterflys in cases( similar to cocoons but not exactly). They had them shipped in from Californy at a big price. I think they kept them cold and then like 3 days before the wedding they put them in a warm temp at a certain degrees and they hatched into beautiful butterflies.
No butterflies were injured and all were set free( its a secret but one little girl pulled the wings off hers, I know you guys can keep a secret so dont tell anybody).
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 02:44 PM

The wall is prolly too late , the cancer that is helping to ruin america is set in deep . Idiots worrying about butterflies need thier head examined
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 02:57 PM

Ask the Chinese, they have a couple thousand miles of solid wall and find out what goes over theirs. They have centuries of experience to draw on.

Bryce
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 03:32 PM

As blood thirsty little savages, me and my pals in cut off jeans, no shirts and 22’s on shoulders, were running a creek looking for adventure. We knew every inch of this section, so were surprised when we entered a small thick copse of trees. Some feeling was in the air as we slipped into the center of the grove and stopped in silence. At some unheard signal, the leaves, branches and the very trees themselves burst into thousands and thousands of monarch butterflies. They were literally so thick each one of us was completely engulfed and surrounded by them. It seemed like the sun dimmed for half a minute. It remains one of the most incredible experiences I’ve had in the outdoors. By all means build the wall, but I hadn’t thought of that moment in quite awhile.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 04:44 PM

If they can survive crossing the interstate highway systems why would a wall do them any harm? I just don't see how a barrier with holes in it could be a issue for a butterfly in any way!
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 05:21 PM

The interview that I saw,said that the wall would resgtrict the researchers from visiting the butterflies.The want access to both sides.So far,the butterflies haven't filed for an injunction.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by muskrat411
Not trying to hippie out but my son says the wall is going going to interfere with butterfly 🦋 migration and possibly lead to exstinction. Is this a real concern?

You need to take a much bigger part in your son's education or he will be lost to liberal wackiness. Hopefully it is not to late to steer him back.

Keith
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/19/19 11:18 PM

I'd ask the kid just how this will come about and why he believes that outcome is even possible!
Posted By: Greyhawk

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 12:09 AM

I have no idea if it actually will or not, but I was on a highway job a few years back and we not only built butterfly fence but we built snake fence to protect the rattlesnakes that was in the national forest.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 12:25 AM

Who cares there's no fur on a butterfly.

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Greyhawk
I have no idea if it actually will or not, but I was on a highway job a few years back and we not only built butterfly fence but we built snake fence to protect the rattlesnakes that was in the national forest.

State Route 33?

Keith

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 12:30 AM

Yes sir, I was on the Beaver end.

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 12:35 AM

It works. I have seen very little road kill through there. Usually there are smashed box turtles on all the highways in wooded areas in that part of Ohio.

Keith
Posted By: Squaretimber

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 12:36 AM

The more of this stuff I see the more I think the left is like the spoiled kid kicking in circles on the floor of walmart after their mom told them no. Or is it more like Linda Blair when the priests enter? Either way the left does not want anything that is good for America and I don't think we have seen the limit of what they are willing to say or do

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 12:38 AM

Theres a tunnel under the bypass also just so snakes,turtles etc can cross without having to cross the 4 lane!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 12:40 AM

Here's the deal with the butterflies, and why they are saying that. The CEO of the National Butterfly Association is a rabid liberal with Trump Derangement Syndrome. Just this week she compared Trump to Hitler. So, that is why the wall is suddenly detrimental to butterflies.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...vtoDZWodN9DgqAda40Kp0IBhX3JJiwfpIyz-xRrM

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Here's the deal with the butterflies, and why they are saying that. The CEO of the National Butterfly Association is a rabid liberal with Trump Derangement Syndrome. Just this week she compared Trump to Hitler. So, that is why the wall is suddenly detrimental to butterflies.

Was they trying to say possibly hurting a butterfly was as bad as killing millions of Jews, Christians and others. Seems a bad comparison or their timing was just off.
I would say the slaughter of millions of babies would be more Hitler like.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 03:55 AM

I feel the inexplicable urge to go find my badmitten racket and head to the border. Just sayin'.

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 04:13 AM

[quote=bblwi]Ask the Chinese, they have a couple thousand miles of solid wall and find out what goes over theirs. They have centuries of experience to draw on.

Bryce[/quote
Yeah and you never here the Chinese having any trouble with Mexicans for the past 2000 years so there’s proof right there that it works.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 04:21 AM

Just when I thought I couldn't read an offer thread on T-man.....leave it to Muskrat411 to raise (or lower) the bar. grin

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC

You need to take a much bigger part in your son's education or he will be lost to liberal wackiness. Hopefully it is not to late to steer him back.

Keith

Yeah it’s too late he’s going to Art School innToronto. But he is studying film making like Bushman. Not drama or modern dance. Plus we live in Aklavik Northwest Territories. I’m lucky he has an education. The Queens feduciary responsibility to educate us is not her priority.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Who cares there's no fur on a butterfly.

Wrong. Butterfly leg fur is in very high demand in northern Krakovarus as liner for baby mittens and booties.

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
[quote=muskrat411]You need to take a much bigger part in your son's education or he will be lost to liberal wackiness. Hopefully it is not to late to steer him back.

Keith

Yeah it’s too late he’s going to Art School innToronto. But he is studying film making like Bushman. Not drama or modern dance. Plus we live in Aklavik Northwest Territories. I’m lucky he has an education. The Queens feduciary responsibility to educate us is not her priority.

It is never to late to educate him as long as he is willing to listen. Just calmly explain the error in his beliefs when you can. If he is intelligent and not overly emotional, he should be able to understand how things really are, rather than believe the warped view of the left.

Good luck.

Keith

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 04:39 AM

Seriously though thanks you guy for mostly taking my question seriously ( mostly) Also for mostly keeping it to ecology and not politics. Did not mean to lower the bar it was just a wildlife related question.
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 04:45 AM

There is a 100 acre butterfly research center near Mission, TX. and the route the wall is taking will put 70 acres of it on the South side of the wall. That is what most of the stink is about. There is a levee built there and 18 feet of concrete will bring the bottom of the fence up to levee level with 18 feet of pipe on top of that. I am sure it won't hurt the butterflies but the researchers will be walled out of the 70 acres.

The wall is a long distance from the river border in many places because of treaties with Mexico. Much of the private land in deep south texas came from Spanish Land Grants and has been in families for more than 200 years. I have seen people state on here that the government has a 60' easement along the border and that is just wrong. The 1905 grant of the 60' easement only applies to public lands.

Bullets and the orders to shoot to kill will stop all of this nonsense in a hurry and most of the illegals would be gone in a day or so. The mass caravans would be headed south instead of north and in high gear.

Just saying.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 01:26 PM

Keith[/quote]
[/quote]

Just make sure he understands that all news in USA is fake unless approved by conservative source. Also if you repeat a lie enough times it can become the truth. Admit nothing! Deny everything! Make counter Accusations...
If he can learn to do these things he will be just fine..

Mac
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 01:41 PM

Mac, you movin to Madison? You'd fit right in.
Posted By: trapper20

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 01:51 PM

our large cities have destroyed more habitat than a wall will. I don't see the liberal cities protesting against the cities in which they live

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by run
Subdivisions are what waste land in my neck of the woods. Some subdivisions have 40 acres of land per house- it's insane.

Give them a mule and call them a reparations farm.

Keith
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/20/19 11:56 PM

We have a 2 houses per tract law in Madison county. It was a big stink when up for vote. Telling a man what he can or cannot do with his land and all that. In hindsight, It was a very very smart thing to do. We are still a rural county and you can tell just by driving through. Fields and wood lots everywhere as opposed to houses. State convention will be in London this year.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/21/19 02:48 AM

A while back I saw part of some movie depicting a Medieval "barrier. It was a series of towers connected with an elevated catwalk.

I think something like that would be ideal at our Southern border. Add some modern motion detectors, cameras, drone stations and modern surveillance and you would have the best of both worlds.

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/21/19 04:43 AM

So we are in agreement that the wall is not really a threat to butterflies We based this finding on personal experiences and observations. We also found some possible roots for the fraudulent claims. This is how you answer a question. Good job TMan

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/21/19 04:46 AM

Now how about them snakes, turtells and possums if they make them Tunnels to cross under the wall?
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/21/19 04:57 AM

And those purty little cats that can make it into their original territory...don't forget about them.

the black ones..
Posted By: Jarhead620

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/21/19 06:53 PM

Is the border wall going to kill butterflies?

Answer: No, because it is never going to get built.

Jarhead
Posted By: hippie

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/21/19 07:13 PM

Just Google pics of the wall they are building as we speak, and you'll soon figureout the libs are feeding you a line of scrap because they're butt-hurt!

Re: Is the border wall going to kill butterflies? - 02/26/19 05:34 PM

Texas Trappers must be super tough to be planning to snare Alaska my the wall in a few years. Seems like the border is a place you would want to avoid at all costs. But Rio Grand valley may be a glory hole for fur.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums