Home

Lovebirds, well sort of

Posted By: NebrCatMan

Lovebirds, well sort of - 02/21/19 02:34 AM

I have a camera ( actually 3 cameras) on a road killed deer carcass out in my acreage pasture down in the creek bottom. Been getting tons of pictures of eagles, hawks, crows, a few owls at nite, a fox or two, a few coons, a possum or two and a mangy yote even snooped around. I have always only had 1 adult eagle at a time …. never two. Well, today a mate showed up. I just wonder if they will be nesting around here somewhere as I think if they would be nesting somewhere else this year they would not be hanging around here. There are getting to be eagles everywhere around here year round. I also have 3 juveniles hanging out at the meal pile. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Lovebirds, well sort of - 02/21/19 02:41 AM

Cool
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Lovebirds, well sort of - 02/21/19 03:07 AM

Taste better then spotted owl but not as good as chicken
Posted By: tjm

Re: Lovebirds, well sort of - 02/21/19 03:31 AM

When I had a pile in the field a few years and a cold winter, had baldies all winter. it was funny, the turkey vultures ran the crows off then the black vultures ran them off and then the eagles come and take over, trees all around full of scavengers waiting for the eagles to gorge and go away.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Lovebirds, well sort of - 02/21/19 03:33 AM

Them are just plain ugly birds, lol.
Posted By: Railroader

Re: Lovebirds, well sort of - 02/21/19 04:10 AM

Man those are some cool pics! I live on a lake and we typically have 20 or so eagles around here most of the winter. Like you stated, we are starting to see them in the area more frequently and at different times of the year. Saw one here in early fall sitting in a cut bean field a couple miles from the lake. Unusual for sure
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: Lovebirds, well sort of - 02/21/19 04:11 AM

Saw something in Evanston, Wyoming last Friday. There were clear cold sky's , 2 hours later we were having a nasty blizzard with lightning (only my second time of seeing that) and a bald eagle landed in the hotel parking lot, it was 2 or 3 hours after dark. A bald eagle after dark? In a lightning/snow storm? I know this cause I went ' Suze, check this out' and we both ran outside & stood there for 8 or 10 minutes in our slippers watching a lightning storm in a blizzard freezing our butts off enjoying one of mother natures best shows AND then the bald eagle landed in the parking lot. Just plunked down 20 or 30 feet from us on the pavement. Sat there for a while and then flapped off. Don't know where it was going in that weather.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Lovebirds, well sort of - 02/21/19 12:39 PM

That's an awesome story harleyparts!! Its been about 25+ years since I saw my first bald eagle around here, went through all my childhood and young adult years without seeing one in the wild. I know some guys are tired or even p***ed at them but not me. But then again, I've never had a catch get grabbed by one and hung up in the electric wires or whatever. Too much of anything can be an issue...
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Lovebirds, well sort of - 02/21/19 12:46 PM

Cool pics!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Lovebirds, well sort of - 02/21/19 02:27 PM

Really Great Pictures!
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: Lovebirds, well sort of - 03/12/19 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
That's an awesome story harleyparts!! Its been about 25+ years since I saw my first bald eagle around here, went through all my childhood and young adult years without seeing one in the wild. I know some guys are tired or even p***ed at them but not me. But then again, I've never had a catch get grabbed by one and hung up in the electric wires or whatever. Too much of anything can be an issue...

Same here, I've seen more in the last 15 years than in the first 44 years of my life. I see a lot in Nebraska, Wyoming and Oregon. There are two nests on power poles in Alabama on highway 68(?) between Decatur and I-65 at Wheeler wildlife area, we got to see the fledgings this year.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums