Home

NAFA lotting

Posted By: walleye101

NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 12:58 PM

Lotting is posted for some of the wild fur. No coyote coon and rat catalog yet.
Posted By: minkin102

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 01:00 PM

We posted at the same time
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 02:00 PM

It looks like they'll be offering most of any old stuff this auction as well. My left over 2 female mink and 3 grinners have shown up in my lotting info but when I try to open up the wild fur catalog that has mink in it, the pdf doesn't open up. Then again, maybe I don't have the proper version of Adobe running come to think of it...
Posted By: Kansas Rook

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 02:32 PM

seems like sometimes they offer that hold over stuff as private treaty.
Posted By: novatrapper01

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 02:57 PM

Just checked on my otters, 12 out of 14 are 1 grade or select and have 2 in lot 501. Hopefully prices are on the rise this year. Anyone find where they are hiding the valuations?
Posted By: coonman220

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 03:12 PM

No rat info yet an 6 leftover coon but none of this season shipment coon posted yet ? Should be later on ?
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 03:27 PM

Something changed? I can not log in. No biggie.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 05:17 PM

https://portal.nafa.ca/webcenter/portal/Auction

Try this
Posted By: pass-thru

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 05:38 PM

wow, this new lotting letter format is terrible and waste of time. Can't see where the lots fit withing the catalogue, can't toggle back and forth. why the downgrade?

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 05:40 PM

Thanks Les. First time looking since the change.
Don't think I be going to Disney world haha.

I will next season, optimist.
Posted By: Boco

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 05:41 PM

The grading looks great almost all my fur is I* or select.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 05:41 PM

Pass I think they call that progress lol.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 05:47 PM

I heard that NAFA used Michele Obama's Canadian friend's company CGI to write this new program. shocked

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 06:15 PM

Can anyone get rat or coon lotting info ? I hope mine show up soon, lil concerned about it. Coon there well before last receiving date, this auction well probly beat may auction, how better us a slt beaver compare to slight damage? I thought select or no1 but come with slt grade

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 06:31 PM

Rats and coon not posted yet. Probably be up by tonight. No worries they will show up
Posted By: kingrat

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 08:11 PM

For the first time in 20 years I have 4 beavers that graded eastern, all 3xl and 3rd lot from top. Wonder what changed.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by kingrat
For the first time in 20 years I have 4 beavers that graded eastern, all 3xl and 3rd lot from top. Wonder what changed.

graded as blacks that's why

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 08:34 PM

Says brown
Posted By: Sask hunter

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 08:35 PM

Almost all my beavers at FHA go eastern. I only send beavers there now
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Northof50

graded as blacks that's why

Third lot from the top are not blacks. They are ordinary brown. Not even dark.

BRN = brown

BLK = black

I don't think they are offering black beaver at this sale. Probably holding them for the May sale when they will have more blacks to offer.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 08:37 PM

Ya says brown, either way I'm happy maybe those will be 20 dollar beavers instead of 12
Posted By: Dirt

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sask hunter

Almost all my beavers at FHA go eastern. I only send beavers there now

I always wondered about that. Funny how different consignors grade differently. Of course both do it by industry standards. confused

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/22/19 08:52 PM

What is SLT grade? Is it better than slight damage A? I have a dark brown beaver , others are pale extra pale, mostly pale beaver here, not many brown,are brown better? Brown are more eastern beaver? Where black beaver from? Eastern ? I heard black beaver are very aggressive and

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 03:10 PM

Rat an coon lotting info is up! Happy about mink an coon grades, is there much difference between fall an winter rats? Alot mine are grade 1-11, I have lots bigger coon, is a 5xl or 4xl, 1 color a top lot? I have several 1 color an more 1-2 color, I. Thinking a good coon sale but no idea if mink well sell well as heard not selling, anyone know what diffefence is between a slt grade an a slight damage grade in beaver ?

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 03:18 PM

I-II grade is a good grade.1 colour(clarity) is also good,so is 1-2.
Slt grade means slight holes or scars.
Slt dgd grade means multiple holes or scars.
Posted By: 1crazytrapper

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 03:50 PM

What happened with the coyote lots? I happen to have some skins on limbo between western heavy and semi heavy. They are missing 19 lots on the catalog. Also must be holding on to lynxcat skins cause none of my leftover skins from last year are on my lotting letter. Overall the grading seems to be very good this year on all the skins. Just don't understand the missing coyote between lots 131601 and 131842. It could make a big difference weather those lots are western heavy or semi skins.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 04:02 PM

Do you guys that send in bunches of coons get them divided up into 30-50 different lots...? I sent 17 skins and get 16 lots. A bit different that the 3-4 pile country buying.

My regionalization is back more towards typical after last year's downgrading. I have 29% Western Northern which is about right on but the Western North-Centrals have dropped from the typical 60-65% down to just over 40%. That drop was picked up the Western Semi Heavies that is up to 29% than its typical (minus the 2018 selling season) of 10% or less. My coons must be adjusting their fur to climate change grin!

47% of my little batch of coon went "Sel" and 71% are NAFA stared. My worse grade is a SDB 3-4xl 1-4 in the WNC pages. I thought I sent 2 legit 5xl but see only one got counted that way. Its in the 3rd lot of the WNCs. I do have a WSH skin that in the 2nd lot of that region but its a better color than the one listed in front of it so maybe another Top Lot certificate for another $12 coon (Ha!).

We'll see how things shake out next Thurs morn. Hope you all have good grades on your stuff!

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 04:14 PM

I will have Coons in almost every North central and a good majority of the western northern section as well. 5x down to the xl lots on the years that I target Coons. Our coon are big here so even our smallest coon stretch xl.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by 1crazytrapper
What happened with the coyote lots? I happen to have some skins on limbo between western heavy and semi heavy. They are missing 19 lots on the catalog. Also must be holding on to lynxcat skins cause none of my leftover skins from last year are on my lotting letter. Overall the grading seems to be very good this year on all the skins. Just don't understand the missing coyote between lots 131601 and 131842. It could make a big difference weather those lots are western heavy or semi skins.

601-842 are the Western Heavy

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 04:49 PM

1crazytrapper- Do you have any coon in these lots?

132315: WN, 4xl *Sel, 3
132483: WNC, 5xl *Sel, 3-4
132491 WNC, 4xl *Sel, 1-2
132508 WNC, 3xl, *Sel, 3
133142 WSH, 3-4XL, *Sel, 1-2

Got to go move some snow now. Getting tired of it this month...
Posted By: Cletis Richards

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 04:55 PM

Has anyone figured out how to see where your lots are in the catalogue...the old format highlighted your pelts in the lots they where in or has this been deleted......also valuations are also not available....or do I need help from a computer GEEK

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101

601-842 are the Western Heavy

Yep my bad missing skins between 131482 and 131462

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 04:58 PM

Correction 131842 and 131861 some times it hurts to admit you are dyslexic! grin
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 05:03 PM

I usually have 50 to 60% in NWesterns with the majority that is left in NCentrals . As far as sizing right at 70% will be 3x or bigger, and has been since I started keeping track.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cletis Richards
Has anyone figured out how to see where your lots are in the catalogue...the old format highlighted your pelts in the lots they where in or has this been deleted......also valuations are also not available....or do I need help from a computer GEEK

hey Cletuis, as of now you have to write down the miners and then go to the catalog page and look them up. They haven't updated it yet to where you can click on your lot number to find it in the catalog.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 05:04 PM

Not miners, numbers! I hate auto correct!
Posted By: trapperne

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Do you guys that send in bunches of coons get them divided up into 30-50 different lots...? I sent 17 skins and get 16 lots. A bit different that the 3-4 pile country buying.

My regionalization is back more towards typical after last year's downgrading. I have 29% Western Northern which is about right on but the Western North-Centrals have dropped from the typical 60-65% down to just over 40%. That drop was picked up the Western Semi Heavies that is up to 29% than its typical (minus the 2018 selling season) of 10% or less. My coons must be adjusting their fur to climate change grin!

47% of my little batch of coon went "Sel" and 71% are NAFA stared. My worse grade is a SDB 3-4xl 1-4 in the WNC pages. I thought I sent 2 legit 5xl but see only one got counted that way. Its in the 3rd lot of the WNCs. I do have a WSH skin that in the 2nd lot of that region but its a better color than the one listed in front of it so maybe another Top Lot certificate for another $12 coon (Ha!).

We'll see how things shake out next Thurs morn. Hope you all have good grades on your stuff!

You shouldn’t have any semi heavy coon

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
1crazytrapper- Do you have any coon in these lots?

132315: WN, 4xl *Sel, 3
132483: WNC, 5xl *Sel, 3-4
132491 WNC, 4xl *Sel, 1-2
132508 WNC, 3xl, *Sel, 3
133142 WSH, 3-4XL, *Sel, 1-2

Got to go move some snow now. Getting tired of it this month...

I have a 132317, 483, 487, 493, 495, 498, 505, ,508, 509, 511 and on. Those are closest to your lots that I have. I have no coon that are 133's Guess or skins in 132483 are sleeping together.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 05:30 PM

Amazes me how Ks coyotes almost to the Colorado line have been graded EASTERN and some eastern CENTRAL

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 05:45 PM

Sucks when they have coarse hair. I always have some that grade eastern. They are usually big old dogs with hair like pubic hair.
Amazes me how Ks coyotes almost to the Colorado line have been graded EASTERN and some eastern CENTRAL

Btw Cletis it will take you a long time to look up lotting numbers with as many critters as you get! grin

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 06:31 PM

You shouldn’t have any semi heavy coon

Yeah, trapperne, I know you've told me that before but I end up with some. From May 2013 through 2017, my coon skins graded "Semi Western Heavy" ran about 5% of my totals (and I send small totals). But in 2018 (again, a very small batch), I didn't have any Western Northerns and the SWHs moved up to about 40%. They got cleared out with NAFA's Dec coon fire sale. Now his year, taken from Nov 12 through the end of Dec, I'm ending up with about 30% WSH. And I trap the same areas. Go figure...

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 06:39 PM

Sucks when they have coarse hair. I always have some that grade eastern. They are usually big old dogs with hair like pubic hair.

Btw Cletis it will take you a long time to look up lotting numbers with as many critters as you get! grin
not when you have up to 13 in the same lot....still the procedure of copying lots is a hemmoroid

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 11:04 PM

I am sure you will be able to click on your lots some time soon Cletis.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 11:28 PM

Has anyone had any cats to show up yet ? I seen that the catalog was posted but my cats haven't showed up yet and they was left over from last year.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 11:38 PM

If you look at the list of catalogs, the very last one is Wild Fur PT. Additional wild fur resale lots.

It is possible that the bobcats, coyotes, and other species held over from last season are in that catalog and will not be offered during the open auction. NAFA figures the values are too high and don't want to waste time in the auction room or waste the buyers time looking at goods that can't buy.

Not sure that is the reason but it makes sense to me.
Posted By: mud

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 11:41 PM

I just don’t think they’ve updated accounts since the last catalog was posted. My fisher aren’t showing up yet either

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 11:48 PM

My otter, lynx and mink are lotted,but fisher and marten(catalogue 4) are not up yet.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/23/19 11:59 PM

Catalog 4 is up when I look at the NAFA web site.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 12:04 AM

I should clarify.Catalogue is up but the lotting letters for catalogue 4 are not showing on the accounts yet.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
If you look at the list of catalogs, the very last one is Wild Fur PT. Additional wild fur resale lots.

It is possible that the bobcats, coyotes, and other species held over from last season are in that catalog and will not be offered during the open auction. NAFA figures the values are too high and don't want to waste time in the auction room or waste the buyers time looking at goods that can't buy.

I think Nancy is correct on the lynxcats. I sure don't agree with having select xp cats in a pt room where I can't see what's happening. The cats that I have missing were xp selects not junk by any means.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
I should clarify.Catalogue is up but the lotting letters for catalogue 4 are not showing on the accounts yet.

Zactly

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 01:49 AM

I think Nancy is correct on the lynxcats. I sure don't agree with having select xp cats in a pt room where I can't see what's happening. The cats that I have missing were xp selects not junk by any means.

Were your cats previously offered at a live auction? I understand NAFA' reasoning. Not going to get into an argument.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 01:53 AM

I have coyote left from last year that are in the regular Wild Fur Catalog and I have lotting info. I suspect that all sundry owner pelts will be in the regular catalog to be auctioned. My Opinion......

And the Wild Fur (PT) Catalog description "Additional resale wild fur lots", makes me think that these are dealer lots that have been through at least one auction and have not sold so NAFA is keeping them out of the regular auction catalog. Again, My Opinion based on the way it is worded
Posted By: jarrett

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 02:15 AM

Wait til tomorrow and they will update your accounts and we will have lynx cat lotting numbers. I have left over cats and fresh cats up there they will be on the sale. They just haven't updated everything,

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 03:12 AM

It is possible that the bobcats, coyotes, and other species held over from last season are in that catalog and will not be offered during the open auction. NAFA figures the values are too high and don't want to waste time in the auction room or waste the buyers time looking at goods that can't sell.

Were your cats previously offered at a live auction? I understand NAFA' reasoning. Not going to get into an argument.[/quote]
they were and were buy backs. I have one that went through 2 sales that was a select xp. No worries about argument, I agree to their terms by being a wfsc member. I just don't agree with pt sales unless they are junk skins that need to be un loaded.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 03:32 AM

PT sales are not just for junk fur,unless you consider higher grade fur bought back on the floor to protect the base, junk fur.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 03:42 AM

PT sales are not just for junk fur,unless you consider higher grade fur bought back on the floor to protect the base, junk fur.

the exact reason that I don't like these little deals going on behind closed doors. I would much rather see these select furs go up for auction for all to see. I don't mind when we are dealing with a 9 dollar select xl coon, but it's a different story when dealing with skins that are triple digit and over in value.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 03:53 AM

So you think the auctioneer should let them go under value on the floor,wrecking the basis for every single lot below that?
They will buy back that lot and go to the next one in the catalogue and open bids at value on that lot.They offer bb lots private treaty after the auction for what it was originally valued at,or within 10% or so if there is any interest.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 04:22 AM

Nope just buy them back and then re auction them the next auction on the high grade skins that have interested buyers. Pt all the junk.
So you think the auctioneer should let them go under value on the floor,wrecking the basis for every single lot below that?
They will buy back that lot and go to the next one in the catalogue and open bids at value on that lot.They offer bb lots private treaty after the auction for what it was originally valued at,or within 10% or so if there is any interest.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 04:36 AM

I Simply do not like to have no way of seeing what's going on behind closed doors. I would much rather see what's going on with my high value furs. If you have to fire sale, yes by all means buy back and private treaty the skins to try and get clearance. Don't hold on to high quality skins through 2 sales and then pt them. Seems a little shifty to me that there are only a handful of cats that have the same grade as the one I am talking about, and they are right at the top lot line. Why is mine not on with them since it was the same exact grade as those skins for 2 auctions.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 04:50 AM

A lot of trappers need their fur to sell.It doesn't make sense to hold fur long term in hopes it will sell for more money.The fur business is true free market enterprise,supply and demand economics.The auctions try to do their best to move the fur at current market values.The market for fur can be volatile and holding fur can result in a loss for the auction house and the producer particularly in declining markets.Also raw fur is a perishable commodity and quality will decline the longer it is held in storage,no matter how good the climate is controlled.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 12:32 PM

A lot of trappers need their fur to sell.It doesn't make sense to hold fur long term in hopes it will sell for more money.The fur business is true free market enterprise,supply and demand economics.The auctions try to do their best to move the fur at current market values.The market for fur can be volatile and holding fur can result in a loss for the auction house and the producer particularly in declining markets.Also raw fur is a perishable commodity and quality will decline the longer it is held in storage,no matter how good the climate is controlled.

once again I understand all of what you are saying and agree with it. We are talking cats here though, which is a stable hot market for clear spotted belly skins. I am not talking about xl *select 1 Coons that are great skins but just too small to sell well. I still say that higher grade skins that have the same grade as others that are currently being auctioned need to be lotted with those skins instead of going pt. In the case with this cat it was the same grade as 3 other lots in a row. The bidder that won the first lot claimed the second lot. Third lot (mine) went back on the auction. The bidding stopped at 180, (which I would gladly take for a south west section cat) so they buy back. Next auction cat gets a new lot number and bidding stops at near the same price and they buy back again. So now it's in pt sale even though there are other cats in that same section with the exact same grade as mine, for this current sale. I just don't like things going on behind closed doors, it makes people suspicious especially when we are dealing with highly sellable skins.
That being said, I will still stand by nafa as being the best outlet for selling my fur. I will never sell to companies that have fur contracts drawn up with buyers, and already know what they have to pay you for your skins for their company to make a good margin. At least with nafa the whole world gets a chance to bid, and the competition can drive up the prices. smile

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 03:11 PM

Wait and see what it sells for and if it is in line with other skins of the same grade.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 06:02 PM

What are predictions for price top an averages as well as percentage cleared on good quality rats, coon, mink, beaver, ? Heard bigger country buyers, have not sold mink in 2 years, there top price, was $6 this season, I heard, last season an 1 before, it was $7 or $8 top, a year ago, all my mink sold at $19.50 top, then may price drop, none sold lat summer , none sold pt in Dec

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 06:31 PM

Prices and clearances will be better this year on prime fur.It was a cold winter and fur sold in retail markets very strongly.Manufacturers will need to replace their inventory.
Posted By: H380

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 07:19 PM

I Simply do not like to have no way of seeing what's going on behind closed doors. I would much rather see what's going on with my high value furs. If you have to fire sale, yes by all means buy back and private treaty the skins to try and get clearance. Don't hold on to high quality skins through 2 sales and then pt them. Seems a little shifty to me that there are only a handful of cats that have the same grade as the one I am talking about, and they are right at the top lot line. Why is mine not on with them since it was the same exact grade as those skins for 2 auctions.

Probably for the same reason that so many hides with same grade get stuck down in a lower lot than another with same grade .. I hate those long strings ,seems to be luck of the draw where you get placed .

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 08:16 PM

Wait and see what it sells for and if it is in line with other skins of the same grade.

I will. I am sure that the price will be close to what the auction prices are.
Posted By: Txcoonman

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/24/19 11:59 PM

Anyone have any cats lotted yet
Posted By: Btoutdoors

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 12:18 AM

I just checked and mine aren't.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 12:45 AM

Yep,the lynx were lotted a couple days ago.
No marten yet though.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
What are predictions for price top an averages as well as percentage cleared on good quality rats, coon, mink, beaver, ? Heard bigger country buyers, have not sold mink in 2 years, there top price, was $6 this season, I heard, last season an 1 before, it was $7 or $8 top, a year ago, all my mink sold at $19.50 top, then may price drop, none sold lat summer , none sold pt in Dec

Got ten and seven for green skinned mink this season with several he gave me 14.00 tops. I still have all the glands and carcasses that I will sell later. LLL

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 01:56 AM

What they do with mink carcasses?
Posted By: mink99

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 01:58 AM

They can be ground for making bait.
Posted By: deadeye59

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 02:34 AM

Can someone help me out. What are the column titles on the Cataloge? I am looking at lynx.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 04:09 AM

What do you mean "column titles"
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by mink99

They can be ground for making bait.

Out on the pacific coast crabbers buy mink carcasses by the ton.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 02:05 PM

anyone know why I cant see where my private treaty fur i.e. skunks and badgers is lotted?
Posted By: deadeye59

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 05:17 PM

The first column is the lot number then there is another number that seems to be 1-5, then another number that is from 0 to hundreds, then comes the size, then another number then condition (I, II, Slgt Damage etc.). What do these numbers in the different columns represent?
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 08:01 PM

My small collection of fishers graded well. Had one of these is the second lot and one in the fourth lot. All graded *1 or better. Funny my marten killed in the same time period only graded I-II. Guess fisher prime before marten.

136302 SML *SEL XP 1-2
136304 SML *SEL PL 1-2
136317 SML *I PL 3
136324 SML *I BR 3
136379 LGE *I LBR 3

[Linked Image]

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 08:03 PM

Marten generally prime early.Not every year do they finish out the same.
I-II is a good grade.Not quite finished out.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 08:41 PM

I have a coon in lot 9141. That should be the top lot. It is a 5x A-B Select Western Heavy. I have five in the top lot of the western NC lot 9361. LLL
Posted By: atrapper

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 08:46 PM

I'm wondering the same thing, Kansas Rook. It also looks as though some of the PT fur (skunks anyhow) are maybe stale goods? That's a fairly small number of furs and most are number III, damaged, etc. None of my skunks have shown up in my lotting letter. Maybe they're holding fresh skunks over until the next sale in order to get a better collection?

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 09:03 PM

Anyone know if u well get direct deposit this time if u sign up for it? Or is that in future? Well u still acct sales details, paper copy in mail an paper check?

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 09:16 PM

You can sign up for direct deposit anytime you want.
It is my understanding they will provide the normal paperwork thru the mail,but they will charge you a fee for that in the future unless you opt out.I think it is a very small miniscule amount like $25 or so.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 09:30 PM

Lynxcats are up. My missing ones are lotted. I was really wondering about pt on quality cats. Phew!

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by atrapper
I'm wondering the same thing, Kansas Rook. It also looks as though some of the PT fur (skunks anyhow) are maybe stale goods? That's a fairly small number of furs and most are number III, damaged, etc. None of my skunks have shown up in my lotting letter. Maybe they're holding fresh skunks over until the next sale in order to get a better collection?

I hope that’s the case but seems like they should be offering hold over fur in the hold over catalog.
Posted By: sable06

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 10:59 PM

Just looked at my lots and see that one of my sable is missing, is that normal and will it show up later?

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 11:10 PM

$25 , I don't know if opt out but sign up direct deposit, when does direct deposit start ? I was thinking next year or this summer

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by sable06
Just looked at my lots and see that one of my sable is missing, is that normal and will it show up later?

That is normal. No need to be concerned, just about everything shows up when accounts are settled 3 weeks after the last day of the sale.

If it doesn't show then, that is when you call and ask about it.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/25/19 11:55 PM

Okay thank you Wissmiss, I've never had that happen before. Can you tell me why in years past you could see the lots that your fur is in the different lots, how many are in that lot, but this year i can't? Could click on the lot number and see that but it won't let me with this new program.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/26/19 12:08 AM

I have no clue as to the answe to your question. It all has to do with the fact that NAFA did a major over haul of their web site about 3 weeks ago. Still working out the bugs plus getting ready for the auction that starts Wednesday.

I think they are probably aware of the issues just takes time to fix them.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/26/19 12:40 AM

$25 , I don't know if opt out but sign up direct deposit, when does direct deposit start ? I was thinking next year or this summer

if you signed up it should go through this auction.
in the last article in the IT magazine page 22, it gives the rate of mail out at 2$ per copy.....you can print your own and save. June 2019 will be the last regular.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/26/19 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by sable06
Okay thank you Wissmiss, I've never had that happen before. Can you tell me why in years past you could see the lots that your fur is in the different lots, how many are in that lot, but this year i can't? Could click on the lot number and see that but it won't let me with this new program.

you have to log in during the auction time......then they know if being hacked by Trumps friends

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/26/19 01:40 AM

Ok. So u get a print out at this auction yet an next? I don't think , with updated site , u can see what 1 pelt brought, on my phone, u can see lot info an $$, average price but not what $ a particular lot bring, no longer have computer,went though 3 an not want buy another, maybe library would work , it well not work on some stuff like bank info as set in firewalls, for security

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/26/19 09:44 PM

Thank you Wissmiss, I thought it was something with the new system.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/26/19 11:56 PM

Anyone have skunks and castor showing yet? Mine are not up yet.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/26/19 11:58 PM

Skunks are either being offered PT or held for the May sale. Castor is sold PT and won't show up on your account until after the sale.

Castor usually sells within a week or two of the live auction and will be posted and paid for with your auction results.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 12:03 AM

Anyone know if lot buyers at auction,? Or have good info on what well sell for how much ?

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 12:05 AM

Thanks wissmiss!

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 12:06 AM

There is at least one buyer there. Will know in less than 48 hours what stuff sells for.

Auction states at 1 PM tomorrow - Wednesday the 27th. Eastern time zone. Live broadcast will be available.

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 01:25 AM

Only 1 buyer?

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 01:33 AM

Can u download valuations on your phone? Or do u need computer? Nothing happens when I download data

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 01:35 AM

Only 1 buyer?

One that I know of. smile

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 02:32 AM

Only 1 buyer?

Have fun, wissmiss!!
Posted By: mud

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by ebsurveyor

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ebsurveyor
My small collection of fishers graded well. Had one of these is the second lot and one in the fourth lot. All graded *1 or better. Funny my marten killed in the same time period only graded I-II. Guess fisher prime before marten.

136302 SML *SEL XP 1-2
136304 SML *SEL PL 1-2
136317 SML *I PL 3
136324 SML *I BR 3
136379 LGE *I LBR 3

[Linked Image]

Yours graded a little better than mine ebsurveyor. I held back my best to tan though and sent 4. All labeled but not as high as yours. I held my best male and by far my best female to tan.

136334 SML *I LBR 4-5 2
136374 LGE *I XP 3 1
136378 LGE *I PL 3 1
FISHER TOTAL 4

Attached picture AE894ADD-153E-46E4-B6F5-23951827BDBB.jpeg
Posted By: H380

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 03:50 AM

I remember a couple years ago there was a pre sale evaluation listed on the lotting letters , does any one know if that is still available for us ? Maybe not , could have just been a slip up on the auctions part . I know a bunch of folks were up set after seeing it and then their lots sold for for less .

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 03:58 AM

I downloaded "my data" tonight but had to use a different browser than my typical. Its there
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: NAFA lotting - 02/27/19 04:49 AM

Only 1 buyer?

Hopefully, there is two. That's all it takes to run the prices up.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums