Home

Methodist with back bone!

Posted By: brianmall

Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 02:57 PM

cool

I like it!

Dr. Jerry P. Kulah, an African delegate to the United Methodist Conference who is a professor at the United Methodist University in Liberia:

“And then please hear me when I say as graciously as I can: we Africans are not children in need of western enlightenment when it comes to the church’s sexual ethics. We do not need to hear a progressive U.S. bishop lecture us about our need to ‘grow up.’”

“[W]ith all due respect, a fixation on money seems more of an American problem than an African one. We get by on far less than most Americans do; we know how to do it. I’m not so sure you do. So if anyone is so naïve or condescending as to think we would sell our birth right in Jesus Christ for American dollars, then they simply do not know us.”

“Please understand me when I say the vast majority of African United Methodists will never, ever trade Jesus and the truth of the Bible for money.”

Praise God for Dr. Kulah and the African Methodists.

#holdtheline

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 02:59 PM

There are true Baptist in every denomination wink. Weather they realize it or not!!

Hold the line brother!

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 03:12 PM

https://www.facebook.com/1792656151016047/posts/2320449578236699/
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 03:37 PM

Good for him
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 03:43 PM

i'm very dissappointed in organized religion anymore.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 03:52 PM

I'm sure this African delegate is referring to this:

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/23/6971...ebate-lgbtq-clergy-and-same-sex-weddings

Notice how few people are sitting in the pews. The UMC in America is rapidly dying because they continually compromise their beliefs in order to be attractive to current culture; big mistake.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
I'm sure this African delegate is referring to this:

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/23/6971...ebate-lgbtq-clergy-and-same-sex-weddings

Notice how few people are sitting in the pews. The UMC in America is rapidly dying because they continually compromise their beliefs in order to be attractive to current culture; big mistake.

Every Christian denomination is suffering do to watered down preaching and social justice comprising! Even Baptist!

Between that and the horrors that past and present govt have inflicted on people through the Catholic Church anyway. Catholicism (which is a cult) is used as the measuring rod for all Christianity it seems. Now the other denominations are leaving Christ to maintain a touchy, feely, social relationship with those who couldn't care less about Christ.

It's an up hill battle fighting heavy guns and mortars when trying to get Christ message out there anymore. But that is Satan at his finest. Divide, confuse, use, and destroy!

Men of the God should understand that you will keep them in the church with what you won them with! Those with out God that are truly seeking truth will stay no matter how hard the preaching hits them! We all have sinned. It's what we decide to do with that knowledge after the lights are turned on to it that counts!

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 04:09 PM

^^^^^^^^^
I wouldn't say that "Every Christian denomination is suffering". But it would be safe to say that most if not all of the old "mainline" denominations are suffering like you suggest. There are definitely churches that are growing; and they aren't the ones that are compromising. Many people still have a hunger for truth.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2

Yup!

Independent fundamental here. AKA fanatic

fa·nat·icDictionary result for fanatic
/fəˈnadik/Submit
noun
a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
synonyms: zealot, extremist, militant, dogmatist, devotee, sectarian, radical, diehard, ultra, activist, apologist, adherent; More
adjective
filled with or expressing excessive zeal.
"his fanatic energy"

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 04:12 PM

^^^^^^^^^
I wouldn't say that "Every Christian denomination is suffering". But it would be safe to say that most if not all of the old "mainline" denominations are suffering like you suggest. There are definitely churches that are growing; and they aren't the ones that are compromising. Many people still have a hunger for truth.

Your right!

Over all main line are suffering! Cause is watered down easy believeisim!

The one that are growing are the ones who maintain doctrine!

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 04:18 PM

These boys over in Africa are no punks when it comes to persecution! Honestly, I can't believe the Methodist higher ups thought they could make them fold with threats of disfunding, etc...

One truly puts their lives in God's hands over there and places like it when you take a stand for Christ! You can die for it!!!!!!!!

You ain't breaking them folks with money from America!!

And that's what he is telling them! In a very polite manner.

Me: "just say when" you no good servant of the devil! Put your money where the sun dont shine!
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 04:32 PM

The UMC is holding a conference in St.Louis soon to decide what the church position will be toward Gay marriage. Regardless of the outcome the church will be divided. It is my opinion that
church policies should not be changed to meet modern liberal ideas, but should remain with the teachings of the Bible.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 04:35 PM

^^^^^^^^^

X2

I'm one that hungers for the truth and not just in the pulpit but in my reading and worship too.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by brianmall
These boys over in Africa are no punks when it comes to persecution! Honestly, I can't believe the Methodist higher ups thought they could make them fold with threats of disfunding, etc...

One truly puts their lives in God's hands over there and places like it when you take a stand for Christ! You can die for it!!!!!!!!

You ain't breaking them folks with money from America!!

And that's what he is telling them! In a very polite manner.

Me: "just say when" you no good servant of the devil! Put your money where the sun dont shine!

No they are not punks. One can be persecuted unto death quickly in Africa, middle east (including Israel) and China.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fisherman
The UMC is holding a conference in St.Louis soon to decide what the church position will be toward Gay marriage. Regardless of the outcome the church will be divided. It is my opinion that
church policies should not be changed to meet modern liberal ideas, but should remain with the teachings of the Bible.

Should never even got to the point of a vote!
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 07:49 PM

Isaiah summed it up in chapter 5 and verse 20.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 02/24/19 07:56 PM

Mainly because people have to preach every-where they go. Turns people off'
Posted By: run

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/07/19 02:14 PM

I have heard that the Charismatics are growing in other parts of the world outside the US.
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/07/19 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw

Should never even got to the point of a vote!

Agree
Pretty high minded and prideful to vote on God's Word.
Like He cares what a bunch of church hierarchy thinks. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
They've got the Potter and the clay mixed up.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/07/19 04:03 PM

Most American church denominations have been dead for years as far as preaching the gospel goes, they've become little more than places where people meet for social functions. Liberalism infects everything.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/07/19 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
Most American church denominations have been dead for years as far as preaching the gospel goes, they've become little more than places where people meet for social functions. Liberalism infects everything.

Not out in the sticks in Ks yet, at least where I'm at. The problem here is the kids all leave and go to the liberal indoctination centers (cities) and us oldies are dying off. We have a good pastor, with a good mix of law and gospel, but too many are leaving in a box!
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/07/19 05:44 PM

Many people care more about following the direction of their organized religion than following what they know in their hearts from reading the Bible. They are much like Americans who care more about their party than The United States of America.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/07/19 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by gryhkl

Many people care more about following the direction of their organized religion than following what they know in their hearts from reading the Bible. They are much like Americans who care more about their party than The United States of America.

You're absolutely right. There are still a very few trappers, who support the democrats, because they have been long term democrat supporters, even though the democrats have become the party of insane, overly emotional, animal rights weirdos, gun grabbers, anti trappers, anti fishermen, anti hunters and anti Americans. As you have pointed out, it is extremely foolish for any trapper to care about the democrat party, more than America. Since the Republicans support us and are the only other viable choice, all trappers need to unite behind them.

Keith

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/07/19 07:50 PM

x2

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/07/19 08:20 PM

I sure don't support the dems. I wish there was still a republican party to support though.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/07/19 10:41 PM

Yup

Most in any church can't even explain what makes them Christian nor why they are. So much so that now the "true Christians" are those who support homosexuality and abortion! Everyone else that believes the Bible is a bigot.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/07/19 10:43 PM

So anyway

How is this going in the Methodist Church? Heard they were gearing up for a split and a fight in court on who is keeping properties.?

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
We have a good pastor, with a good mix of law and gospel...

I'm not sure what you mean by that, Lee.
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 12:36 AM

Keithc is right on. For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone who is an American and cares about this country and the future of our children and grandchildren could cast a vote for any liberal or their extreme anti American policies.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 02:18 AM

Funny this subject came up. I was just talking the other day about how I have never heard a sermon on the evils of abortion or even a sermon on "if you don't work, you don't eat." Two things which are a heavy burden on society today. I know Jesus didn't come to condemn but I also know that He didn't shy away from the consequences of disobedience. Good for that Methodist pastor.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 02:30 AM

Amen!! ( Pun intended)
Church is now a place people go to judge each other.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 03:01 AM

The church has left most people!,...more so in urban areas.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 12:14 PM

As for me and my house - we will serve the Lord. I have a handbook for life and eternal life. Jesus died and rose again. My sins are forgiven. God created me, lives in me, and flows through me. I serve a triune God - God the Father, God His Son - Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. God desires a relationship with each of you and is very real. Test him and see.
Posted By: Pawbracelets7

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 01:30 PM

The religion of prosperity and "feelings" have over taken America's mainstream churches. If you're prosperous or successful then God must be happy with you. I guess that leaves a lot of the Bible's men and women out of God's good graces as most were folk that had little of this world's goods or riches. Jesus Himself had little as far as worldly things. At one time He must have possessed the tools of His trade. But what does the Creator of all really need? God's word isn't meant to always be pleasing to our flesh and yet that is what so many base their experience with God on. Being a child isn't all sunshine and skittles. Step out of line and there are consequences, from loss of privileges to corporal punishment. Real Christian faith is no different. Going to church and hearing real preaching sometimes isn't a comfortable experience if you're honest with yourself and God. Of course those really interested in serving and believing look forward to these sermons as it is a reminder that we are all fallen and need guidance from our Heavenly Father. Today's society of "easy believism" only wants to hear what feels good or what fits their personal agenda. Same as an untrained child, "I want what I want!" or "I want what feels good." Instructions are put on things to make them safe to use or to guide folks in their proper use. That is what God's Word is, the book of instructions on how to live. Ecclesiastes 12:13 says," Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." That verse alone would clear up a whole lot of what's went sideways in America. New age, politically correct, don't offend anyone preaching isn't working. The old paths that even Non-believers used to walk is what made our country great. In the mid-1800's Alexis de Tocquelle said," If America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." God help us.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 02:37 PM

Independent fundamental here.

^^YEP...pretty much the only denomination where truths of the Bible are preached....and have Godly programs for kids, like Blue Denim and Lace for girls and Boys Battalion for boys. Girls learn to cook, computers, sew, garden, crochet, macramé, etc,,,,,,and boys learn to change oil in vehicles, clean gutters, computer use, mow lawns, repair mowers and cars, put up a tent, build a campfire, tend livestock, etc, etc

Sadly most Americans want a "feel good, rock n roll, social free for all" church and don't want The Truth, because it could crimp their lives. Sadly, they will never get saved and go to Heaven.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
I have never heard a sermon on the evils of abortion or even a sermon on "if you don't work, you don't eat." .

Then Sir, I'd say you have not ever heard true preaching......and urge you to seek it.

It is usually hard for us, as the men, leaders of the family, to leave a church the family likes, to find a "truthful" church.

We must ask ourselves, "whats in my families best interest?"

Bottomline…….if the preaching isn't stepping on folks toes, it is NOT preaching.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 02:51 PM

The UMC is holding a conference in St.Louis soon to decide what the church position will be toward Gay marriage..

They need a conference to decide what the Bible says? What a joke! But I'm not surprised.

It's cut and dried, an "abomination", and we are to hate the sin, NOT the sinner, And are directed to guide them to Salvation. I've seen a few get saved and become heterosexual, once they let God work in them.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by traprjohn
I have never heard a sermon on the evils of abortion or even a sermon on "if you don't work, you don't eat." .

Then Sir, I'd say you have not ever heard true preaching......and urge you to seek it.

It is usually hard for us, as the men, leaders of the family, to leave a church the family likes, to find a "truthful" church.

We must ask ourselves, "whats in my families best interest?"

Bottomline…….if the preaching isn't stepping on folks toes, it is NOT preaching.

Now don't get me wrong traprjohn I've heard plenty of sermons on the consequences of sin, just not on these two particular sins. This is strange to me in that this two particular sins are so front and center in today's world. We have a new preacher at church and it seems to me he won't be afraid to step on toes. Time will tell since he has only been preaching for about two weeks. Love a sermon that steps on toes because it's a sign that Truth is being preached.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 04:47 PM

Glad to say our preacher stays in the bible and teaches truth, he's not afraid of hurting feelings if it's in line with God's word. Never heard him preach something that couldn't be backed up by the word
Posted By: #11

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 05:00 PM

Let me tell you the other side of the coin. In today's society, most people who consider themselves to be Christians don't want to REALLY here the Word. There is a very small remnant that want to hear the truth. I should know, I'm an ordained Baptist preacher that is known in this area for preaching it "straight down the row" directly from the Word. Churches in this area that have a preacher like that seldom if ever grow. Show me a church in this area that is growing by leaps and bounds and I'll show you a social club that receives weak preaching. Too many that call themselves "Christians" now days want nothing to do with the Cross, the cost of discipleship, obedient living, showing Mercy to the less fortunate or truly having a relationship with Jesus Christ. When we as a nation continue to kill millions of unborn children via abortion and make light of and even support homosexuality and adultery, how can we even think God is going to Bless us as a nation?

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by #11
Let me tell you the other side of the coin. In today's society, most people who consider themselves to be Christians don't want to REALLY here the Word. There is a very small remnant that want to hear the truth. I should know, I'm an ordained Baptist preacher that is known in this area for preaching it "straight down the row" directly from the Word. Churches in this area that have a preacher like that seldom if ever grow. Show me a church in this area that is growing by leaps and bounds and I'll show you a social club that receives weak preaching. Too many that call themselves "Christians" now days want nothing to do with the Cross, the cost of discipleship, obedient living, showing Mercy to the less fortunate or truly having a relationship with Jesus Christ. When we as a nation continue to kill millions of unborn children via abortion and make light of and even support homosexuality and adultery, how can we even think God is going to Bless us as a nation?

2 Timothy 4:1-5 ??

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 06:10 PM

[/quote]
2 Timothy 4:1-5 ??

Absolutely, you can see it unfolding right before our eyes!

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by #11

Had a pastor in your neck of the woods say one heck of a bold prayer last week I think? I don't know his denomination. But either way I was impressed with his boldness!

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 09:22 PM

Had a pastor in your neck of the woods say one heck of a bold prayer last week I think? I don't know his denomination. But either way I was impressed with his boldness!

That is great to hear. There are a few of us trying to hold the line and serve obediently. There are some in several denominations and the non-denominational too. Myself, I dislike denominations all together, wish we would throw that out. I only tie myself to the SBC because my ordination and first pastorate in that denomination. I'm a black sheep w the association because I'm too "Bapticostal" for their liking. Fine w me, I serve God, not the association.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 09:35 PM

I don't think churches water down the gospel in order to increase attendance. I think that preachers who do that are actually just revealing their spiritually corrupt condition.

I'm really happy that my small church of about 100 folks doesn't water things down a bit, yet when we throw a church picnic, have some pretty serious volleyball and soccer games, and open it to the community, we have 4000 people show up. Is the core of our church growing in attendance? Not by a lot, but I don't think that is how you necessarily measure success.

Church picnic 2018
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Preacherman Les

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 10:52 PM

If your church & preacher doesn't preach & teach the truth of God's Word & the consequences of one's sinful actions, then find another preacher or another church. Glad to see some still stand for the truth.
It is required of a steward that he be found faithful.
Posted By: run

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/08/19 11:49 PM

Nice pics, Waggler.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 01:32 AM

Amen to that. The Bible is perfectly clear about that and any church that gives into their demands is not for this W.A.S.P.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 02:00 AM

I sat in churches for years under sound preaching but I was deader than a doornail inside. I repeated a prayer like I was told I should and was proclaimed saved having done so, but my life wasn't changed and I knew it. It wasn't because I wasn't in earnest because as far as I knew, I was. I expected a lightening bolt experience but it didn't come.

I sat in good churches under three different sound preachers before the Lord finally started to work in my heart. It wasn't an 'invitation' to the alter that set me on the path, it was a verse on (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). One verse got me to thinking. God got me to thinking on that one verse. That one verse got me digging. The more I dug, the more I came to realize just how lost I was. I cast about for relief, but instead of relief I got more condemnation. Every verse I read screamed hypocrite to me and it's likely one of the most vile things a human being can be. At that point in time I would have rather been born a dog.

God ground me to powder day and night until I had abandoned any and all hope in myself. I was convinced I was going to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) but I had a strange peace about it because I knew God was just in sending me there. That's what I deserved and I was resigned to my fate. I thought there was no escaping it. I could say amen to it. That's when God was gracious to me.
Posted By: Guthrie

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 12:21 PM

The Bible doesn't change only the people reading it. I am lucky to be in a SBC church who believes in preaching from the good book. Sad our "leadership" in the SBC is more concerned with attracting people than The Bible.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 12:27 PM

I think it is fair to say my politics should line up with my spiritual beliefs. Of course politics are worldly so not everything will line up. Men still act like fools at times. LLL
Posted By: Mac

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 12:51 PM

^^^^^^^^^

Your right!

Over all main line are suffering! Cause is watered down easy believeisim!

The one that are growing are the ones who maintain doctrine!

Just a unsolicited opinion coming your way, much like your unsolicited post.
Maybe folks should be more concerned with developing a relationship with Jesus then concerning themselves with others, and just how strict their doctrine is or isn't.
You nor anyone else (and I should add here I spent a lot of years studying this both formally and for personal growth) really knows jack crap abut God.
You and others might think they do, but you and others do not. This is not a direct attack on you my well-meaning friend. Just another unsolicited opinion.

Blessings to you

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 01:19 PM

From my viewpoint it is impossible for man to wrap their mind around God. In my viewpoint there are too many that think they can use God like a tool.
How can any human really think they can explain and understand God? There will be plenty that come forth and say man can, just do not think it is possible.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mac
From my viewpoint it is impossible for man to wrap their mind around God. In my viewpoint there are too many that think they can use God like a tool.
How can any human really think they can explain and understand God? There will be plenty that come forth and say man can, just do not think it is possible.

Long periods of time in the word and prayer will put you on the right path. He is full of mysteries which scripture says he alone knows. To say we cannot grasp God seems somewhat worldly and a completely flawed excuse to not try. His word is who and what he is. LLL

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 06:23 PM

Have any of you, who are very religious Trapperman members, ever had yourselves tested to see if you have Vesicular monoamine transporter 2, which comes from a gene that makes people religious followers?

Keith

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Have any of you, who are very religious Trapperman members, ever had yourselves tested to see if you have Vesicular monoamine transporter 2, which comes from a gene that makes people religious followers?

Keith

Lol, what?

I don't even know if this is actually a thing? But I wouldn't doubt it in today's world!

In a sense all of man kind is hard wired to "worship" and/or "follow" something! We were created by him and for him. But in our fallen state of being where we are left up to our own devices (temperaily) we follow our heart and flesh and worship the things we want to whish we could be like.

Each and every one of us worship something and/or someone!

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 06:44 PM

Man alive

Have they really identified a gene for that yet only say it pertains to the "religious"?

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 07:04 PM

Man alive

Have they really identified a gene for that yet only say it pertains to the "religious"?

It makes dopamine work better during activities, such as communal religious services. Basically it makes you feel good at communal religious services. Most atheists are not very happy about it.

Keith

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 07:32 PM

"Long periods of time in the word and prayer will put you on the right path. He is full of mysteries which scripture says he alone knows. To say we cannot grasp God seems somewhat worldly and a completely flawed excuse to not try. His word is who and what he is. LLL"

With that solid well thought out argument (that has been used about 10 zillion times, no it is not original) you have made me see the error of my thinking and my inability to penetrate such a sound philosophy. LOL
My goodness, I am grateful for such valuable insight.
Thank you

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/09/19 07:35 PM

Lol

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 10:58 AM

Mac you are not thirsty enough. I cannot give you what I have found but by living my life in a way that models Christ I can make you question what I have that you have missed. A relationship requires two participants. Look into James 4 and it will show what I am saying. I don't want one person to not be in Heaven someday. God desires that even more. Your mockery of Christ and his followers will not get you there but I have seen several just like you come to repentance. I do believe that when non believers look and comment on a Christian thread that they are looking for answers. I say that because my own life experiences tell me that if I am not interested in something I don't waste time looking. Hope you have a thought filled day and that the Spirit will move on you today in a life changing way in Jesus Name. LLL

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 11:49 AM

I grew up Methodist but hadn't been to a UMC in quite a while until recently.... Donna and I attended with my mother in the Tampa area.
The message was straight from the Word but the average age listening to it that service was > 75 years old.

Mark
Posted By: snowy

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
IMHO, the Methodists and any other denomination that condones or accepts the choice of homosexuality, is not a Christian religion. By the Bible, it can never be.

You would think that God would accept all people for who they are. God brought these people into the world and yes are different but those people maybe be believers and are followers of Christ. Why shouldn't God and the church not accept them??
I don't agree with their lifestyle and who they are but I don't condemn them for who they are and I would think God and the Christian Church would be the same.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

Yes I have. Daily. Everyday I'm tested as to how, what, and why I react to the situations life has when dealing with others as well as myself. Sometimes my old spirit wins and sometimes my new spirit. Paul wrote in Romans 7:19," For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do." Faith in Jesus Christ is not based on feelings, but rather a conscious choice that our inherit Adamic nature leaves us without recourse and in need of a Savior. Humans left only to serve their selves don't do well. This is being played out in front of our very eyes on a daily basis. Histories of other countries that served man rather than God were wanton and destructive even to their own citizens. A life grounded in the Bible, lived with devotion and conviction, with an attitude of servitude towards others and not self, is the life God intended for us. These are choices not based on feelings as our nature is to be self serving, but rather these are choices based on conviction of belief.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 01:19 PM

My understanding people are born that way it isn't by choice. God created them so now he doesn't accept them for who they are??? I would guess there are millions classified and labeled that but are believers and follow Christ better then the ones that think are saints. I have a hard time believing God doesn't accept these souls.
Posted By: tbn

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 02:13 PM

Snowy, I believe some are and many aren't. Besides ours lives and God's creation,the miracle of birth,is about reproduction. Two same sex individuals simply cannot carry on life or reproduce. Thus meaning,he created Adam, and Eve, to go on and multiply. Everything about same sex couples is wrong. We simply did not start that way. I furthermore believe all life is,is a test. We are given choices and will be judged by our choices when that time arrives.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 02:17 PM

From the amount of stone throwing going on, I would have to guess that there are many more who are without sin than I would have ever believed.

As a father of three daughters and a grandfather of 7 grandsons, I was and do have to carry out the most unpleasant part of parenting: instruction and punishment. When a child refuses to follow instructions or acts out in a way that isn't respectful to his/her parents, then punishment must be applied whether through loss of privileges or corporeal. We as adults are held by laws that are intended to keep us safe and from harm, such as speed limits, etc. Indifference to these laws result in punishment through fines or imprisonment. This also is to act as a determent for others not to follow in the law breakers conduct. God is not slack as some men are when it comes to His commandments. We all complain when a bad guy slips through the cracks and gets away with doing something bad by using a loophole in the law. Politicians work up the lower income or slackers by pointing out that the rich don't pay enough taxes and are stealing the poor's privileges. They are working on a basic human instinct, we all want justice or fairness as WE see it in relation to what WE perceive. Yet when God's word says that homosexuality or adultery or stealing or lying or other bad behavior is against His law and detrimental to our health (Aids, STDs), our families (drug babies, divorced families, juvenile delinquents), and our society (over crowded prisons, muggings, murders, etc.), then folks start to question why God or "religious zealots" spew hate or discrimination. A good father has no hate or discrimination against his child when correcting bad or wrong behavior. Neither has God. His mandates were written in His word so we'd have a guide to live by. God accepts all that comes unto Him with belief in Jesus Christ. That is His requirement, belief in Jesus, no more, no less. By really believing, you accept His word as infallible and complete. By not believing a person openly and freely rejects God. Their choice. Christ stands at the door and knocks. He doesn't kick it in or demand. He knocks, like a patient visitor, waiting to be allowed in. People are born with many things they can't choose; eye color, facial features, amount of toes or fingers or lack there of. But we have the choice of what direction our lives take if we live long enough to be adults, even in dire situations. The choice of sin (or as the world puts it love, human condition, etc.) is no different than liking F-150s, Chevy Silverado's, Ram 1500s, or a Datsun 620s. They're all trucks. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or all three, they're all flavors. But choosing the same sex as a spouse is not natural or something you are born with, its a choice, the same as taking something that is not yours to take.

Originally Posted by snowy
My understanding people are born that way it isn't by choice. God created them so now he doesn't accept them for who they are??? I would guess there are millions classified and labeled that but are believers and follow Christ better then the ones that think are saints. I have a hard time believing God doesn't accept these souls.

You strike me as a very kindhearted soul, snowy. I trust you are. From a biblical perspective, every human being that walks or who has ever walked the planet in their natural state is under the condemnation of God. Every human being that walks the planet can also be saved from that condemnation and that includes homosexuals.

I've never been in a church that would shun a homosexual if that person were looking to get right with God.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 02:30 PM

If one thinks of part of the church's function is to be a sort of hospital for sinners, a church pew may be the perfect place for all sinners. If you believe their behavior is a sin, we should welcome them in any house of worship.
He/she may have to be ok sitting next to a guy who cheats on his taxes, drinks too much, or fools around on his wife though.
Posted By: tbn

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 02:33 PM

Wait until people want to start marrying their pets,animals have more rights now than we do so it is likely a matter of time.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 03:00 PM

If one thinks of part of the church's function is to be a sort of hospital for sinners, a church pew may be the perfect place for all sinners. If you believe their behavior is a sin, we should welcome them in any house of worship.
He/she may have to be ok sitting next to a guy who cheats on his taxes, drinks too much, or fools around on his wife though.

The Bible does address those issues you cite. All sin is not pleasing in GOD's sight.

However this thread speaks of homosexuality and what is said in the Bible about it and how it is affecting the Methodist church.

Perhaps you should go start a thread about the unrighteousness of drunkenness or greed or adultery. Those all carry the same punishments.

So if you choose to comment on this thread, I would suggest reading the OP's first post on this thread to better focus your comments. That way you won't look so scatter brained.

Holy smokes bowhunter, you ain't bin pay no attention to most of the posts on this thread have ya? The post you whine about addresses homosexuality and asks why some can believe themselves in a position to point out the sins of some while believe(pretending) their own sins are to be overlooked.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 03:25 PM

I did. It made me question about your reading comprehension level. No offence intended but, pointing out that the homosexual sins are no better/worse than the sins any poster may be guilty of himself-be he Methodist, baptist, non-affiliated heathen, etc...

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 03:29 PM

I know we cannot judge anyone, but are you suggesting we should not go to our brother and speak with them about their actions?

"...why some can believe themselves in a position to point out the sins of some while believe(pretending) their own sins are to be overlooked..."

Do you read the same Bible I do?

If one practices the pointing out of a speck in the eye of another, he may first want to address the plank in his own eye.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 03:54 PM

Whatever happened to free speech or the right to say what I believe in America?

I don't agree with the lifestyle. As long as they are that way and it don't affect me, I'm good. Problem is, they aren't. They want to FORCE me to agree with them.

I read an article that the House passed a resolution that could potentially ban Christianity if Christians take a similar stance on the issue.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 03:55 PM

bowhunter, I am not saying that at all. And, pointing out the hypocrisy of some is doing exactly what the Bible says in the verse you post above.

It's probably best to let the thread go back on course. Your post claiming one of mine is taking things in a different direction has done exactly what you are complaining about.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

I don't agree with the lifestyle. As long as they are that way and it don't affect me, I'm good. Problem is, they aren't. They want to FORCE me to agree with them.

I read an article that the House passed a resolution that could potentially ban Christianity if Christians take a similar stance on the issue.

I wish we never had to hear about what other, consenting adults do in their private lives. But if I was one who felt the need to be a member of an organized religion, I'd stay away from any who I felt ignored the teachings of Christ.

As for banning Christianity, I would doubt there is a better example of "fake news".

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 06:04 PM

I thought the good book taught us not to judge. So, who is the church to say that God will not except or cant go to heaven. Maybe they are born that way or maybe not, it seems there is no science either way. So, now man and or church is playing God.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

I wish we never had to hear about what other, consenting adults do in their private lives. But if I was one who felt the need to be a member of an organized religion, I'd stay away from any who I felt ignored the teachings of Christ.

As for banning Christianity, I would doubt there is a better example of "fake news".

"Legislation shall be passed which engenders love between men...There will be no compromises.. All churches who condemn us will be closed." Michael Swift, The Gay Manifesto.

The House has passed H.R.5 which the real goal has been stated by Swift some years ago. Churches or religious-based organizations will be FORCED under penalty of law to affirm the gay agenda or be shut down.

Re: Methodist with back bone! - 06/10/19 08:39 PM

Romans 1:1-32 and 2 Timothy 3:1-17. God said all this would come to pass before His return. Seeing an apple tree and calling it that is not judging, its common sense. That which will bring harm or cause strife to our homes and families should make us alarmed. These lifestyles that were frowned upon by and actually thought of as deviant and unbalanced 30 or 40yrs ago are being paraded in our children's faces and taught in schools as normal. Its not. We know that the "Disney" version of animals and how they interact with each other is false, homosexuality is not a natural occurrence. Its a perverted response to lust and deviant minds, as is a lot of what is coming out of Hollyweird, colleges, and liberal agendas. A lack of morals and principles that this country was founded on has allowed teaching that once was taboo to be taught with openness. By allowing an "anything goes" type of freedom, we've been made weaker as a nation. Young men who are sloped shoulder are the norm instead of the broad shouldered, rugged individuals our country was just one generation ago. Young men are afraid of being manly because of ridicule and retaliation from their more hipster counter parts. Young girls are prompted to be less feminine and more bold or brash. My grandmothers were both strong and bold yet knew how to be a lady. My grandfathers were both manly and kind. Yet the homosexual movement wants to stifle our young people by shaming them for not being All inclusive. There's certain things that shouldn't be welcomed in our homes. God's house should welcome the repentive who wants to change his/her life but not the unrepentive who wants only to push an agenda. Because a movie star or "learned" professor says something is normal or great doesn't make it so. A whole host of modern day problems can be traced back to the turning away from the old paths that God plainly laid out for us to walk. Jeremiah 6:16
© 2024 Trapperman Forums