Home

Arne Peterson

Posted By: trapper les

Arne Peterson - 02/25/19 03:29 PM

A long time fixture in Minnesota trapping, passed away, yesterday evening.

Prayers sent.

He was known as Jackpine Savage on here, and featured such threads as "old guys trapping beaver" and such.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:31 PM

oh no les,really enjoyed the old boys exploits.hopefully he's trappin where the fur is prime year round.
prayers for the family and all that knew him.
Posted By: newfox1

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:38 PM

I'll betcha he's skinning beaver now.god bless him.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:44 PM

Sorry to hear that,loved following his posts on here.He was one heck of an all around trapper-God Bless.
Posted By: corky

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:46 PM

RIP Arnie
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:48 PM

Bad news for sure His old guys posts were an inspiration for us old guys
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:50 PM

Those old guys posts were a blast to follow. Rest in Peace Arne.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:52 PM

R.I.P. Jackpine Savage
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:52 PM

I believe he's skinning weasel and fox Newfox1 cant imagine doin Beaver in eternity even if it seems like it when i'm skinning one
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:53 PM

The story is...He and his wife were out for a drive, around dark and got stuck, walked to a farmhouse and passed away during his visit with the farmer. It was brutal weather conditions yesterday up here.
Posted By: Maddog47

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:55 PM

Are you sure? I just talked to Kathy yesterday and Arnie was right there.
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 03:59 PM

I am very sorry to hear this. He was an inspiration to all trappers.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 04:01 PM

Sad to say it is true Gary, I spoke with Dennis for a moment this morning. The Minnesota trapping community has lost an icon. My condolences goes out to the Peterson family and friends.

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 04:03 PM

Just spoke with Tammy, Dennis is in the shower and will call me. It is true. Lost another best friend. Life sucks.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 04:08 PM

I always enjoyed reading his adventures and Life With Arnie. He will be missed. Prayers to his family.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 04:11 PM

Terrible news. If there is anything we can do let us know. He will certainly be missed.

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 04:13 PM

Here is what happened. Dennis asked me to post this

Kathy and Arnie went for a ride last night. They stopped at a friends house for coffee and a visit. On the way home they got stuck. Arnie walked back to the friends house to get the tractor. Arnie just slumped over at the table. I will post more regarding arrangements and such as I learn more. My heart goes out to Kathy and don't forget about Dennis as he lost his best friend and trapping partner. He is devastated as naturally Kathy is too.
Posted By: billy

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 04:15 PM

prayers sent
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 04:21 PM

Terrible news.Arnie was such a fine ,goodhearted man.A real blow to not only the trapping community --but to everyone.
Such a wonderful man.He will be missed by everyone.
Tom
Posted By: fossil2

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 04:30 PM

prayers sent for Kathy and family. arnie will be missed by many, we all lost an icon, someone we could all look up to. I guess that God just needed another angel.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 04:35 PM

Very sorry to hear this.
Patrice and I had the good fortune to meet and shoot the breeze with Arnie and Kathy a few times.
Rest in peace and God Bless to Kathy and the Peterson family

Zim
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 05:14 PM

God bless Arnie,I loved his trapping stories.
Posted By: wheelers

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 05:20 PM

Sorry to hear Arnie was a good man.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 05:22 PM

What a terrible loss to all his family and friends! Heaven gained a heck of a man I do believe!

Chris
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 05:22 PM

A wonderful role model and friend for so many over the years. I didn't know Arnie half as good as most, but sure enjoyed every conversation I had with him. Happy trapping on the neverending trapline Arnie! ScottW
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 05:43 PM

I was always impressed with the posts he put on here with tremendous catches of weasel, cats, beaver and muskrats. Not many people his age or any age for that matter could even come close to accomplishing what he did. I have had the privilege to have met him and enjoyed seeing and hearing of his trapping experiences. RIP, Arnie.
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 05:50 PM

Sorry to hear this, I really enjoyed following him on Trapperman, Rest In Peace Arnie and Godspeed!
Posted By: RdFx

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 06:09 PM

RIP Arnie, sure going to miss his exploits....
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 07:59 PM

Yes, Rip Arnie
Posted By: Osky

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 08:12 PM

Very sad. RIP Arnie. What a loss.

Please post all arrangements ASAP whomever?

God bless

Osky
Posted By: Dave Plueger

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 08:35 PM

So sorry to hear. An awesome trapper, and person. He was always willing to share any knowledge he had. I was fortunate enough to get him to sign his book for me. Prayers to Kathy and family.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/25/19 10:36 PM

Very sad news,he lived his life to the fullest.Sure will miss him and his post,great man and trapper,prayers sent.
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 01:59 AM

Sad news. I always looked forward to his trapping threads. RIP Arnie!
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 02:05 AM

I hate to hear this. I always looked forward to his posts. He sure lived life well. He will be greatly missed.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 03:07 AM

Honored I got to meet him, always made me feel like a wimp seeing his 'old guys' exploits on here and me feeling like im 100 and no where near his age, great guy, rest easy.
Posted By: goldy

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 03:15 AM

Arnie was a great man. He trapped near me when I was in junior and senior high school, and his girlfriend was my friends mom back in grade school. We talked every so often, was always a nice guy. Did a lot for the Mn trappers assoc. He'll be missed!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 03:32 AM

What a shame. Arnie was good people, as good as they come! RIP Arnie, and condolances to the family.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 04:05 AM

Praying for his family and friends
Posted By: Minker

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 04:08 AM

R.I.P. Arnie , Master Weasel Trapper .
Posted By: Posco

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 04:30 AM

I'm sorry to hear of this, wasn't he tearing it up on his cat line this winter? I didn't know him but I sure enjoyed what he had to say about trapping.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 09:52 AM

sad news for sure frown
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 12:02 PM

Man, I'm sad to hear this...RIP Sir!
Posted By: Mac

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 12:10 PM

Very sorry for his friends and family. Always loved his posts and pictures. He will be missed.
Mac
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 01:29 PM

Sent with prayers for friends and family.
Posted By: goatman

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 01:51 PM

Dang. Sad deal. I just met him and Dennis last fall. Great guys.
Posted By: Tim Caven

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 02:17 PM

What a loss to the trapping community. My heart goes out to Kathy and family as well as Arnie's longtime trapping partner Dennis. For the past 35+ years I enjoyed seeing Arnie at trapping conventions surrounded by young trappers who were eagerly soaking up the knowledge he gave so freely. You could always bet he was giving a weasel demo somewhere on the convention grounds. The last bear I shot in Minnesota was on Arnies property, that bear just got a lot more special. Thank you for your friendship and for being the perfect role model for myself, my family, and all that followed you. You were always a quiet, honest man with a back of steel and a heart of gold. God Bless you. Tim
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/26/19 02:23 PM

God bless him and his family and friends. I, like so many others, really enjoyed his adventures.
Posted By: Jacks

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/27/19 01:41 AM

Obituary
Arnold Bert “Arnie” Peterson, 83, went to be with the Lord February 24, 2019 near his home in rural Itasca County, Minnesota. He has left the earth but is now with his one and only Savior whom he worshiped up until the moment he passed. He knew and spread the Word of God until he took his final breath.

Arnie was born May 30, 1935 in Elk River, Minn., to Bert Iver Peterson and Ella Viola (Medelberg) Peterson. Arnie was a full-blooded Swede with both his mother and his father’s parents coming over from Sweden.

He was a passionate outdoorsman from an early age, starting to trap mink at the age of six by the creek near the family farm. Arnie’s love of trapping continued until the day he passed with many days spent walking the miles of beautiful Northern Minnesota wilderness often joined by his dog Taz and his best friend Dennis Strand. Arnie trapped many furbearers including but not limited to beaver, muskrats, weasels, and bobcats. Arnie was a member of the Minnesota Trappers Association Hall of Fame. He also loved to fish, hunt, pick berries or wild rice or any activity that allowed him to be outside in God’s great creation.

Arnie was known by many nicknames including “Swede”, “Slim”, “Papa” and “Jackpine Savage”. In addition to his passion for the outdoors, Arnie loved Minnesota sports spending hours cheering on the Twins, Timberwolves, Lynx, Wild, and Vikings. He loved any chance he got to talk about sports. Arnie also spent countless hours caring for his 80 acres of land which included many acres of woods, three ponds, and the most well maintained lawn you would find.

He was married to Kathleen Perkins April 5, 1986. Arnie and “Kath” as he referred to her, spent nearly 33 years of marriage together. They enjoyed fishing trips with friends, going on car rides around the Northwoods, and spending time with family in their “Castle in the Woods” as described by his granddaughter Kayla. He was loved by his family and friends who will always remember his infectious laugh, and his smile.

Arnie is survived by his wife Kathy of Northome, MN; daughter Tricia (Ron) Coons of Bemidji; grandchildren Kayla (Shawn) Smith of Crookston, MN, Chelsea (Patrick) Grob of Harding, MN; great grandchildren Peyton, Patrick, and Paisley Grob of Harding, MN; brother-in-laws Bill (Tammy) Perkins of Bloomington, MN, David (Judy) Perkins of Bemidji, MN, Bob (Maria) Perkins of Carrollton, TX, and sister-in-law Patty (Dan) Papin of Woodbury, MN, and close friends Dennis and Tammie Strand of Blackduck, MN

He is preceded in death by his parents, his son Tracy Gross, and his in-laws Isabel Perkins Knudson, Earl Knudson, and Keith Perkins.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/27/19 02:14 AM

Oh I hate to hear this. His posts were always some of my favorites. Prayers for his friends and family.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/28/19 02:29 AM

Arnie was much more than just a few posts on Trapperman or a story in the newsletter. Arnie was a big part of the deteriorating backbone of the MN Trappers Asso.
Arnie is part of why it is still in existence.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Arnie Peterson - 02/28/19 02:31 AM

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums