Home

Racist

Posted By: Boco

Racist - 03/01/19 04:53 PM

Just seen on the news that Dr.Seuss was a white supremacist racist because his characters were not dark enough,lol.(I didn't even know they were people)
Guess it should have been "cat in the Hood",instead of Cat in the hat.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 05:12 PM

Bored Boco??
Posted By: Osky

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 05:14 PM

Incredible how far people will dig to have a self appeasing cause.

We are doomed Boco, clock is ticking.

Osky

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 05:16 PM

True Osky.Not bored pcr-just waiting for the marten sale to figure out how small my fur cheque will be,lol.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 05:17 PM

Boco, it's crazy and sad at the same time. They're plumb nuts. Kids at our school have been celebrating his books all week
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 05:17 PM

Should have been "Mulatto Eggs and Ham" too!
Seuss was such a racist blush

Chris

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 05:19 PM

but yet it's OK to like brown eggs over whites.ok-i may be the bored one. laugh
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 05:23 PM

Seuss was an interesting character.

thewayiheardit.rsvmedia.com/episode-77-how-to-get-rich-and-save-lives-by-talking-dirty
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 05:50 PM

I think I will watch the snow melt.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 06:15 PM

I think that the worst racists are the people, who think most white people are mainly motivated by racism.

Keith
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 06:24 PM

I'm married to a African American woman, was high school sweethearts and been together now 16 years. We have 3 beautiful biracial kids that are celebrating Dr Suess week at school. I am shocked at how stupid people are. We are in a small predominantly white town but we never see any racism. I guess if you constantly looked for something you would eventually find something to twist to make it racist. I thought we were past this 20 year's ago but the people who supposedly want it stopped are the very ones keeping it fueled. Ignorance
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by RM trapper
I'm married to a African American woman, was high school sweethearts and been together now 16 years. We have 3 beautiful biracial kids that are celebrating Dr Suess week at school. I am shocked at how stupid people are. We are in a small predominantly white town but we never see any racism. I guess if you constantly looked for something you would eventually find something to twist to make it racist. I thought we were past this 20 year's ago but the people who supposedly want it stopped are the very ones keeping it fueled. Ignorance

Well said!

Chris
Posted By: Osky

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 06:53 PM

Truer words have never been spoken or written.

Osky

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 07:40 PM

very nice RM
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 07:57 PM

I guess if you constantly looked for something you would eventually find something to twist to make it racist. e

That part reminded me of a friend of mine whose wife was always searching through his phone , trying to see if he was up to no good. He'd always tell her , " Keep looking until you find something to be mad about. "
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 08:13 PM

Lol Aaron. It seems that pre Obama years we hardly even heard of racism and the country was putting all the stuff behind us, and we elected a black president. And for some reason I don't understand instead of pulling everyone together even more that he decided to drag all that stuff back up. Apparently the USA wasn't very racist or he would have never been elected. But since his election until now everything that happens is blamed racism and we are going backwards. Don't understand why they want to make it black and white instead of just Americans
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 08:16 PM

Crying racism gets a lot of people paid that's what a lot of folks need to fuel it for, but they can never be happy if they ever said things were the way they are then they lose that power and control.

Best example is the Oscars they did not have enough Black movies that won last year so they were racist, this year Black Panther, the Green Book and Black Clansman all won a Oscar but Spike Lee turned his back on the Green Book winners and complained that there was only 28 days in Black History month when he got his Oscar so nothing is ever enough it seems.

The other day a lady was talking about the VA governor wearing black face she said black face is racist but white face was not if your black that just flattened me are they both not wrong you would think?

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 08:17 PM

its a sad commentary on the direction our country is heading.seems as though if there isn't 2 factions or sides to something,somebody will take it upon themselves to make it that way.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 08:31 PM

If racism was such a big issue why are people caught faking it so often?
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 08:33 PM

Martin Luther's dream was that one day all men would be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. We're never going to get to a place where skin color doesn't matter if a certain group of people keep making skin color matter.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 08:42 PM

I smell a rat.

Theodor Seuss Geisel, was an ardent patriot and anti-nazi. To the point of scathing editorial cartoons that called out folks like Joe Kennedy and Charles Lindbergh as nazi sympathizers.

Methinks modern day nazis are at work here.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 08:55 PM

He was the creator of the SNAFU videos for the military in WW2.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 08:55 PM

You nailed it RM. I think racism is not nearly as huge a problem as certain very small, but very vocal, factions would have us believe.
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
Martin Luther's dream was that one day all men would be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. We're never going to get to a place where skin color doesn't matter if a certain group of people keep making skin color matter.

That seems to be the whole point - if racism goes away, some people would have to fall back on something else.
In today's America the new "poor pitiful me" position is either offended, outraged or a victim - or a combination of any of those social disasters.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 09:11 PM

Good for you RM
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 09:56 PM

I can't beleive color is that big of factor to instill hatred. If it was why would the white women want to go to tanning booths and lay in the sun until atleast half baked. Maybe its to impress someone into thinking they have been working in the sun weeding the potatoe patch or something. I think sometimes we have people with big ambitions that are willing to fan the old coals of hatred into flames to fuel their own cause. Maybe even fiddling while waiting on the desired results.

I can still remember my cousins ( they were older than me) telling how our grandmother would pound into their heads that they were to never tell anyone of our Indian heritage. Her grandmother was a Ute and her and her sister had been adopted by a Cherokee family during the time of Trail of Tears era. They were then adopted by a white family at that time ( why the Ute were this far east is still unknown to me )Our grandma was so sure the march could happen again and the best way to avoid it was to deny who you are!

I try to avoid herd mentalities and go by what I know and if I must judge then atleast judge by the individuals actions and not the herd. Sometimes its hard to avoid the stampede of the herd, I guess thats where the survival mode kicks in and hopefully live til the dust settles.

While sometimes being assoiated as a different color even black may seem despised, it wouldnt be nearly as despised and abhorred as having leprosy and your skin turn white as snow!

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 10:06 PM

The pendulum swings,its now whitey that's soon to be the minority and you can see the predjudice already.Its all about demographics.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I can't beleive color is that big of factor to instill hatred. If it was why would the white women want to go to tanning booths and lay in the sun until atleast half baked. Maybe its to impress someone into thinking they have been working in the sun weeding the potatoe patch or something. I think sometimes we have people with big ambitions that are willing to fan the old coals of hatred into flames to fuel their own cause. Maybe even fiddling while waiting on the desired results.

I can still remember my cousins ( they were older than me) telling how our grandmother would pound into their heads that they were to never tell anyone of our Indian heritage. Her grandmother was a Ute and her and her sister had been adopted by a Cherokee family during the time of Trail of Tears era. They were then adopted by a white family at that time ( why the Ute were this far east is still unknown to me )Our grandma was so sure the march could happen again and the best way to avoid it was to deny who you are!

I try to avoid herd mentalities and go by what I know and if I must judge then atleast judge by the individuals actions and not the herd. Sometimes its hard to avoid the stampede of the herd, I guess thats where the survival mode kicks in and hopefully live til the dust settles.

While sometimes being assoiated as a different color even black may seem despised, it wouldnt be nearly as despised and abhorred as having leprosy and your skin turn white as snow!

As an Alabama native with a good bit of Cherokee on mama's side I know of what you speak. My grandfather to his dying day denied being quarter cherokee. If asked the Gibbs were greek. English surnamed Greeks in the mountains of Tennessee and Alabama is highly improbable. Or is Gibbs a derivative of the Melungeon Gibson? Who knows there are no records before my ggrandfather on that side and all the old folks strongly suggested I not look for any.
Then there's my pure highland Scot paternal line and the scandalous tales of my grandfather and his association with the hired help.
And my own comfort southerners of all types. I can take you to communities throughout Alabama and introduce you to multiple families living of all shades living side by side sharing common surnames.

I've come to the conclusion that we are all one big family and it's long past time to put our fueds in the past and leave it there.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 10:43 PM

To keep the money and influence folks like Al Sharpton ,or the left in general, have to push the narrative of rampant racism. Obama is a leftist and that helps explain the turn to hate that occurred during his administration.
Posted By: vegasjim

Re: Racist - 03/01/19 11:03 PM

Boco that was excellent !!!!
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Racist - 03/02/19 01:19 AM

Egh .....some generation Z looking for attention for being the most "woke".
© 2024 Trapperman Forums