Home

House Husbands

Posted By: pcr2

House Husbands - 03/02/19 07:10 PM

or as someone else called me-wife moochers.anymore here besides me.been cleanin house,doin dishes,laundry and now have her b-day dinner goin.her idea and i don't think you could get her to change our arrangement. don't be shy,Batman can do it,anyone can do it.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 07:28 PM

Wife had her knee done I have been 'Hop Singing" it here for the last month if she would just sprain her pointing finger life would be better! LOL

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 07:29 PM

laugh
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 07:38 PM

As a general contractor winter is typically my slow period (especially since hunting and trapping happen during this same period). I didn't work a couple of weeks this winter and made sure she didn't have any housework, cooking or cleaning to do while I was off. I'd go out at 5:30 and start her car on the chilly mornings and have fresh coffee brewed by the time she came back home.

I'm working out of state now so she's on her own and not liking it! grin

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 07:39 PM

grin
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 07:46 PM

I have been one now HAPPILY for 5 years. Broke my back 5 years ago and was forced to retire. My wife has worked 3 jobs for over ten years. (taught high school algebra for 29 years ) She taught night classes at the local college and tutored A.C.T classes on weekends. Retired from high school, went full time to the college now for 10 years. So I do ALL the cooking , shopping, paying the bills, getting her dry cleaning ,picking up the grand babies 2 days a week, bring her coffee between classes, plus still take care of the yard work. She wont let me do laundry because I "don't know how" to wash her clothes LOL.
Posted By: adam m

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 08:22 PM

Been one for 2.5 years now. As much as I hate not working, to lighten your bride's load means a lot more to her than you could imagine.

Even when I was able bodied I would still cook clean etc.... to help out. Marriage is a partnership not ownership.

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 08:32 PM

Not so bad but the heels are tough on my legs and the apron just looks silly!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 08:33 PM

grin
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 08:39 PM

About a year ago at this time my wife broke her arm and I was doing everything which included tending the critters. Our arrangement always has been she would tend the critters (quail, horse, donkey, cats, dogs and wild birds) while I cooked and did the dishes. After the arm healed she did do the laundry and kept the house clean, I continued to take care of the critters, did all the cooking and washed the dishes. However, it was payback when I had a heart attack. Now I cook and take care of the dishes, but she does the rest. Life is great.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 08:41 PM

I am alone here, but as you all know, I spend a lot of time cleaning my house, computer desk, and above all, my oven. You cant even catch a mouse around here now.
Posted By: story

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 08:43 PM

Same here Jbyrd63. Its like her jeans are made out of something different. Hers shrink but mines not suppose to in the dryer
Posted By: billy

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 10:36 PM

most guys just are not good at cleanin to a womans satisfaction but I will help out when needed the best I can.

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by story
Same here Jbyrd63. Its like her jeans are made out of something different. Hers shrink but mines not suppose to in the dryer

Drives me nut the dishes get washed before they go in the dishwasher and most of the pots/pans and other cooking stuff she doesn't want in there either so it's the dish sanitizer now I guess! LOL
Posted By: Mac

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Wife had her knee done I have been 'Hop Singing" it here for the last month if she would just sprain here pointing finger life would be better! LOL

I have been "Hop singing" so long my eyes are slanted.
Posted By: Sac Creek

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Originally Posted by story

Drives me nut the dishes get washed before they go in the dishwasher and most of the pots/pans and other cooking stuff she doesn't want in there either so it's the dish sanitizer now I guess! LOL

Me too Law Dog. Just bought a new Maytag dishwasher, not a cheap model either. Still have to do the dishes before you do the dishes.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 10:57 PM

Personally find it to be an odd concept that is leading to the masculinity of our women. But....it doesn't negatively effect me so to each their own. Whatever makes the couple happy.
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 10:58 PM

I retired August of 17 because my wife has a form of Muscular Dystrophy and needed me home. I never thought I could be a house husband, could not stand to be at home all day one day, but I have adapted. I always said I would run long traplines when I retired, I run short traplines, try to be done before getting her up at 9:00 AM. But I still do not know how to wash her clothes, but I do no how to do what I am told. For me this is payback time for all the years I could go off and do what I wanted, hunted in a lot of western states. Spent money on things guys spend money on, and she was good to me, not a trouble maker like some guys marry. I thought I would work till I was 70 but think now 62 was the right time, and like being retired, even being home way more than I ever thought possible.
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 11:42 PM

I cook on occasion, do dishes, vacuum floors, dust furniture and do laundry, like someone else said just my laundry not hers lol

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 11:47 PM

i'm lucky to be able to make fairly good money from home.our arrangement began when my 2 sons started seein how much they could push mom.it ended that quick and they both turned out to be great young men.

this thought started this mornin when a gentleman tried to get me to run his quarry an hour away.wife said no before i could open my mouth.if it wasn't for the need of health ins.we would probably both be home.

i'm a truly blessed man just as you are Zim,30 yrs and we are still as close as day 1.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: House Husbands - 03/02/19 11:47 PM

I do laundry, mop floors, do dishes (we have a dishwasher), a little cooking ( my wife is a superior cook compared to me). Not a big deal.
Happy wife-happy life!!
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: House Husbands - 03/03/19 12:28 AM

She don't go near the barn or machinery, I dont go near the kitchen or vacuum cleaner.

Re: House Husbands - 03/03/19 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
She don't go near the barn or machinery, I dont go near the kitchen or vacuum cleaner.

laugh
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: House Husbands - 03/03/19 12:46 AM

I have been for several years now. Coming from Louisiana I always did the cooking. I have to admit I'm not a great housekeeper but I keep it liveable and do all the outside stuff also. I tend to spoil her but the dividends are pretty good
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: House Husbands - 03/03/19 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by run
Not married, but I enjoy house work when I'm by myself.

You ENJOY housework, and you're not married?!?!
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: House Husbands - 03/03/19 03:08 AM

I wud clean the house but I can’t afford the Bull Dozier..
BTW- I’m single ladies ;-)

Re: House Husbands - 03/03/19 04:47 AM

Just because a guy is single does not mean his house has to be messy I can stand a messy house!
Posted By: illinideer

Re: House Husbands - 03/03/19 09:41 AM

Been one since 2009
J
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: House Husbands - 03/03/19 11:41 AM

Im a house mom and dad,call me mr french. Cooked for ex of 33 yrs for 33 yrs and did the chores outside,cut grass,fixed stalls etc. Now im old I just worry about my son. Im a pretty good cook again.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: House Husbands - 03/03/19 12:23 PM

I help with the cleaning from time to time .I normally take care of the dishes and often help with the cooking also I help with the laundry too. I am actually a pretty good cook . But my wife is an excellent cook . So why would we eat my cooking . On her part she has put up with my hunting and trapping for 40 years . Dragging home dead , bloody ,and smelly critters . Going for a week or more at a time to hunt . Going to bed at 8 :00 PM so I can leave the house at 3:30 AM to check traps .She is always telling me where see sees road kills and her deer sightings on her travels . She was a city girl but has become less on one over time .I do not mind helping when time permits .Plus I think it is to my advantage to know how to do those things .As several have stated their spouse had a health issue so it became their job to do house chores.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums