Home

Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight

Posted By: MinkGuy

Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 07:54 PM

Our rights are being taken slowly. Our way of life is being threatened. Our states and their trapping rights are being stripped one by one. PETA has listed that in 2018 they received $54,285,044 and they claim 6.5 million members and supporters. They are campaigning at laboratories, the food industry, clothing trade and entertainment.
They are fighting against the killing of rodents and pests. They don't want companion pets to be on a leash or locked up in a home. They want cattle and livestock to be required to be in out of the elements. They don't want us to eat meat or wear leather or fur garments. Zoos are considered targets as well as hunting and trapping.
They work against us in education, investigations, legislation, and attack our events, with celebrity involvement and protests campaigns.
Still we let them run all over us. We have many trappers who don't belong to their state and national organizations. We have trappers who post tasteless pictures, we have trappers who find fault with our state and national organizations, fur auctions and each other.
Wake up your neighbor and ask yourself if you can do better? I will ask you to support both the NTA and FTA, join and participate in your state association. Don't tell me this is wrong or you are mad about this and that. Get with the program and stand up and fight. It is time to show a united front with each organization coming together from Pet owners, livestock associations, ducks unlimited, Elk foundations, NWTF and every other group including Fur Ranchers and Garment Makers.
An attack on Canada Goose is an attack on us. Tell me why I am wrong and why you don't participate or why you don't belong. I will tell you that if you aren't a part of the solution then you truly are a part of the problem!

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:00 PM

Do you care? Do you belong? Will you join us as a member in one of our state and national organizations. I'd love to hear that you are a member or weren't a member but you are going to join up. So many say, I was but what were they doing for me, or my membership must have expired. Please check and make sure you are current then join the fight! We need each person.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:05 PM

I’m with you Don, join state and national associations! Support those who support us!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:08 PM

You will get no fight from me. You are 100% right! You can add your gun rights in there also.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by MinkGuy
Our rights are being taken slowly. Our way of life is being threatened. Our states and their trapping rights are being stripped one by one. PETA has listed that in 2018 they received $54,285,044 and they claim 6.5 million members and supporters. They are campaigning at laboratories, the food industry, clothing trade and entertainment.
They are fighting against the killing of rodents and pests. They don't want companion pets to be on a leash or locked up in a home. They want cattle and livestock to be required to be in out of the elements. They don't want us to eat meat or wear leather or fur garments. Zoos are considered targets as well as hunting and trapping.
They work against us in education, investigations, legislation, and attack our events, with celebrity involvement and protests campaigns.
Still we let them run all over us. We have many trappers who don't belong to their state and national organizations. We have trappers who post tasteless pictures, we have trappers who find fault with our state and national organizations, fur auctions and each other.
Wake up your neighbor and ask yourself if you can do better? I will ask you to support both the NTA and FTA, join and participate in your state association. Don't tell me this is wrong or you are mad about this and that. Get with the program and stand up and fight. It is time to show a united front with each organization coming together from Pet owners, livestock associations, ducks unlimited, Elk foundations, NWTF and every other group including Fur Ranchers and Garment Makers.
An attack on Canada Goose is an attack on us. Tell me why I am wrong and why you don't participate or why you don't belong. I will tell you that if you aren't a part of the solution then you truly are a part of the problem!

Amen Brother, preach on!

I drove over 300 miles and spent over 30 hours at the Dixie Deer Classic representing the NC Trappers Association this past weekend all on my dime. I consider it time well spent but like you, it really chaps my backside that over 85% of the licensed trappers in this country will not get up off of enough money to join even their state associations much less the national ones.

And I will add another organization that we need to support to your list. Sportsmen's Alliance is on the front line in the battles against the antis across the country as well.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:28 PM

I am a life time member of the PTA and the NTA .I also belong to the WVTA . And I have been a sustaining member of the PTA since they started that program . I have helped out at conventions in the past . I agree Don we all need to get on board .But more importantly we need to represent what we do in the best possible way .One thing that I think gets overlooked is we are providing a service to the public by keeping animal populations in control to avoid crop damage ,disease .and damage to homes if those animals get inside Many people find animals very lovable until they start getting into their attic or under their storage shed .Or the local raccoons destroy the sweet corn patch and a mink gets into the chicken pen . Without the work we do often for the next thing to free it would cost them a whole lot to have someone come and fix what now has become a problem
Posted By: Marty

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:32 PM

Plenty of stupid folks support them just like they support cotex as she wants elimination of all fossil fuels and drives away in a minivan yet the subway is a block away. Stupid is here to stay and we need to stay strong and support our organizations.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:35 PM

Rusty Kramer, our hard working ITA president is making friends with powerful organization here in Idaho and elsewhere. I definitely appreciate leaders like you two and we also need a lot more followers like me willing to put the word out and do our share to assist in your endeavors. Even if the start is to just join your state trappers association. As I said on your forum, shame on trappers that don’t belong to their state trappers association and at least one national organization. I also get tired of the petty bickering about a certain trappers association and the excuses why a person doesn’t belong to it. I have been told from several different state association representatives an average of only 10% of trappers belong to their association.
Posted By: Lockjaw52

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:36 PM

You are spot on Mink Guy. We as trappers cannot afford to not be a part of every trappers association available to us. We are going to lose big time if we do not stand together and support our cause.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:44 PM

Reply - we need to do more. I need to join the sportsman alliance. We each need to recruit new members and take them to a meeting or event.
This is our BATTLE CRY! NOW is the time. Post on here what more you are doing! If I as a life member of the NTA, FTA and PTA say that is good enough -- It just isn't! I need to do more. We each need to do more! It doesn't have to be financially it can be helping out at an event or getting a new member or exposing the ridiculous intentions of "THEY"
THEY want to tell us how to live, what to eat, if we can have a pet, if our city can have a zoo.. and so on.
I love Bacon and nobody is going to take that away from me without a fight. I love using footholds and bodygrippers. Don't try to take that or my right to use a gun either. I shouldn't have to pay extra taxes on bullets and guns! I buy licenses which support conservation and THEY do not.
THEY have me so hot right now! Let's UNITE with the livestock associations, the coon hunters, duck and pheasant, grouse and elk, trout and everyone else that believes the way we do. Individual states can't stop these guys alone.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:51 PM

Remember, the antis aren't better organized...just better funded.
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:53 PM

I want to go even a step farther.

I would like to see every state form a group of all outdoorsman and constitution supporters that would be willing to meet and discuss ideas on how we can do more.

The organizations mentioned above could even attend and recruit more members.

I think a group like this could help educate and recruit more people in their local areas. I would like to see more videos made up supporting our side.

Organization representation is the bare minimum we should be doing in my opinion.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

Sorry Sniper but I have to disagree as the antis are better at getting their message out.
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:56 PM

I am with you! Many say they cant afford it,You CAN'T not afford it! $2.50 A MONTH everyone can afford. That's less than a bottle of pop and bag of chips. We don't have to agree with everything these organizations do except the fact they fight every single day for US trappers
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 08:58 PM

I'm a member of my state association! I'm with you, MinkGuy!
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 09:09 PM

Kinda weird timing. I havent been a member of our association in a long time. Happened to print off the membership from online this morning and have it on my desk.
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by racerboy108

Sorry Sniper but I have to disagree as the antis are better at getting their message out.

yep, they have the social media part down pat.
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 09:12 PM

Well this is the facts these people do nothing but sit and stew it seems. Despite there creeds and oaths it is only about control. I stand by the thoughts spoken but I will ask what more ca be done?. Im a new guy but here are my thoughts.

If you support your association then your also supporting the NTA. If you want to support your local association then stop sending fur to groenwold and NAFA. send it only through your local association so they get a good surplus of commission for funds. Then I would also encourage trappers to Wright about their seasons and the adventures they had for atleast no other reason then to leave behind the stories to your posterity.

Go easy on me.
Posted By: David Morse

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 09:19 PM

I think if we all put links in our signature line to join the association with a few computer clicks it would grow memberships. I did it just the other day with the fur takers of America.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 09:23 PM

http://www.furtakersofamerica.com/join.html
https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/membership/individual-membership/
https://patrappers.com/membership/
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 09:27 PM

I support groups that support me. I do not give money to groups that have had a direct hand in limiting my right to trap or own firearms.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 09:28 PM

Huzzah! High time we take the fight to them. Stand together and stand up!

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 10:24 PM

I'm going to invite everyone from state and national leadership to livestock associations to get together and then expand as we begin to convene to layout and work our plan. If you are not sure what we are up against go to the PETA website or HSUS site.
Posted By: lonewolf308

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 10:56 PM

I agree you should support the organizations that support the sport as well as companies that produce the stuff made in the USA! What has always bothered me is I pay out the butt for a hunting license and I never see any of that money going to improve my public hunting lands. They barely put crops in the fields or mow them consistently. I will say I doubt America has fallen so far as to stop eating meat and make farms animal indoor pets. People are dumb but they like their bacon and cheeseburgers more. Whenever ya'll get the militia started let me know am getting old and I'm always ready for a fight
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/04/19 11:22 PM

I agree we should all be members of national an local trapping organization the N T A is the only national organization that I know of where the president an vise president don't get paid , also don't just join your local trapping club get involve go to meeting help out ,bring a friend or a kid offer a old guy a ride to meeting

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 12:15 AM

At one time the NTA president got a salary of 100,000 a year.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by dustytinner
I am with you! Many say they cant afford it,You CAN'T not afford it! $2.50 A MONTH everyone can afford. That's less than a bottle of pop and bag of chips. We don't have to agree with everything these organizations do except the fact they fight every single day for US trappers

Yeah,thats a good one.Another I've heard is "what have they done for me?"Some of us that have been around awhile have seen the deadbeats mooching off the rest of us.Even after all that's happening the amount of apathy is astounding.

'
Posted By: trapperjim1

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 12:41 AM

One of the big complaints you'll hear is," I'm not a member because "they" did something I didn't agree with". Well the answer to that isn't to run away, but to become more active and try to steer the organization in the direction that is best for it. Instead, too many people have the attitude that if an organization isn't doing things their way, they're taking their ball and going home. Just because you don't agree with every decision about an organization's direction doesn't mean it's the wrong direction. Don't get mad and leave, support the organization and help it to grow. If your ideas have merit, keep trying to implement them. If they do have merit eventually they will probably get implemented. Running away and withholding support for an organization that's promoting something you're in favor of only hurts the activity you're in favor of.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 12:45 AM

I am a member of two Idaho trapping organizations but you are right the national level is not a bad idea at all either. I'll join them tonight.
Posted By: bulldozerjoe

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 01:22 AM

I do agree with all that is said here but the last time I sent money to a trapping org.. the guy who was handling the money got arrested for grand larceny... looks like he was putting the money in his pocket. I have yet since gave money to any organization... it left a sour taste in my mouth
Posted By: rod-dog

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 01:34 AM

Just like it was stated earlier...we all have a choice...to help be part of the solution or sit back and be part of the problem..
Posted By: run

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by lonewolf308
I agree you should support the organizations that support the sport as well as companies that produce the stuff made in the USA! What has always bothered me is I pay out the butt for a hunting license and I never see any of that money going to improve my public hunting lands. They barely put crops in the fields or mow them consistently. I will say I doubt America has fallen so far as to stop eating meat and make farms animal indoor pets. People are dumb but they like their bacon and cheeseburgers more. Whenever ya'll get the militia started let me know am getting old and I'm always ready for a fight

They're going to import the meat. It's sad but it's happening already.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 01:56 AM

While I am all for belonging to the types of outdoors organizations which have been listed above, I have a different view of dealing with organizations such as PETA (their national headquarters is 8 miles from my house).
Ignore them.
They feed almost entirely upon attention. Don't feed them.
Our ultimate protection for continuation of what we do is in the hands of the State Game Departments. They typically are not fond, nor supportive of PETA and other like organizations.
Spend your time and effort on making sure that there are laws in place which specifically protect you from the likes of PETA. More and more States are passing laws to do just that.
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 01:56 AM

We're not vocal enough , we're too passive.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 03:14 AM

To clear up one comment made above about NAFA when you send fur up north to them a percentage is given to your state association. Here in Montana, we the MTA also has a fur sale that also adds money to the association funding.
To add to this train of thought, how many host a informational booth at a county fair or any other event where large numbers of people gather. Or given a talk to a 4 H group or a history class in your local school remember our future is with the young people.
Allan

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 03:31 AM

Well said Allan.
Posted By: houndhntr86

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 04:28 AM

ok my turn, everyone look around there home, there driveways.

How many have dawn dish soap in there homes? look at the label on your pants... Levi? shop at home depot? drive a Nissan or Subaru? Eat McDonald's? yes even the president of carhartt! and I could go on and on!

all supporters of things were against!! everyone look around, we are/ all have at one time supporting the companies that are against our lifestyles.

I have been and am proudly a lifetime member of the nra for 14 years now. since I was 18. am also a proud sponsor of du, rmef, wtu, wbha, pf.
wear wrangler jeans, ajax dish soap, old mill jacket, drive a dodge 2500 Cummins, can't stand McDonald's, and don't have a home depot anywhereeven close. fleet farm and Menards for me!

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 04:33 AM

I will say it again.

Join all the organizations you feel comfortable with and trust as they are a great asset.

But we need to do more than that. We need organization and fight back in other ways.

We need to quit letting them take our rights away bit by bit.
Posted By: James

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 06:14 AM

Maybe we should also tolerate political differences amongst ourselves and other trappers, hunters, and shooters. If they support trapping, shooting, and hunting, they ought to be considered allies in the fight against the antis, regardless of their positions on other issues.

Insisting on lockstep political correctness is a surefire way to be divisive. Plays right into the antis' hands.

Jim

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 06:25 AM

James not to disrespect you or your beliefs but the political differences you mention are you referring to the left and the right?

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 06:42 AM

I mean the left versus the right, and the right versus the right, and the left versus the left--if they are all trappers and hunters.

Why alienate someone who would be on our side, just because they disagree with us about the president, abortion, gay rights, or whatever else has nothing to do with the outdoors?

Jim

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by houndhntr86
ok my turn, everyone look around there home, there driveways.

How many have dawn dish soap in there homes? look at the label on your pants... Levi? shop at home depot? drive a Nissan or Subaru? Eat McDonald's? yes even the president of carhartt! and I could go on and on!

all supporters of things were against!! everyone look around, we are/ all have at one time supporting the companies that are against our lifestyles.

I have been and am proudly a lifetime member of the nra for 14 years now. since I was 18. am also a proud sponsor of du, rmef, wtu, wbha, pf.
wear wrangler jeans, ajax dish soap, old mill jacket, drive a dodge 2500 Cummins, can't stand McDonald's, and don't have a home depot anywhereeven close. fleet farm and Menards for me!

I agree with you to a point. But you better include musicians in there. Unless you listen strictly to classic country your favorite musicians likely are against what we know and love. You gotta draw the line somewhere and realize people suck and we ain't gonna agree on everything

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 06:58 AM

I am for anyone that supports the 2nd amendment.

So yes by all means join us and the organizations that fight for us.

Kind of going against your party though but I guess a person picks a party for many reasons and you don't have to agree with all their beliefs.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
While I am all for belonging to the types of outdoors organizations which have been listed above, I have a different view of dealing with organizations such as PETA (their national headquarters is 8 miles from my house).
Ignore them.
They feed almost entirely upon attention. Don't feed them.
Our ultimate protection for continuation of what we do is in the hands of the State Game Departments. They typically are not fond, nor supportive of PETA and other like organizations.
Spend your time and effort on making sure that there are laws in place which specifically protect you from the likes of PETA. More and more States are passing laws to do just that.
And there was a study published recently that showed 46(?) of up and coming Biologists did not support trapping as a management tool.And those right-to- hunt do not protect what we are doing.Its gives us the right to hunt,but does not say how or what devices we may use.And for you guys in states that assumes trapping is a part of hunting and is covered too,don't hang your hat on that.The outdoorsmen of this state went thru that years ago with the National Park Service at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.All consumptive traditional uses of the land ,with the exception of logging was to continue.Nobody had a problem with trapping in the park until one superintendant and his wife,who were bird hunters and hunted with dogs came along and hated trapping.The court found because it did not specifically spell out trapping,it was not the same as hunting and could be banned,a ban that continues to this day.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 01:31 PM

Trapping is a right under the Kansas constitution but so is the individuals right to keep and bear arms. We have a state law that makes enforcing federal gun law a felony. That law is not enforced. ATF agents do not get arrested and charged. You still have to play ring around the rosie at the gun store to buy a firearm.

Do not rely on politicians largess to keep trapping. Colorado and California were both explored by white trappers long before any other white people knew either one even existed. The more urban your state becomes the more freedom you will lose. People who live in a world of asphalt and concrete simply can not conceive of the world you live in. People east of the Mississippi can not conceive how big some parts of the west are unless they have seen it.
Posted By: WBG

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 02:04 PM

James, to answer your question, although you already know the answer, those that support the left are supporting those that would end consumptive use of wildlife and take your guns away, almost to a man. I don't know how any outdoorsman or gun owner could vote democrat in these times.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by James
[quote=WBG]James, to answer your question, although you already know the answer, those that support the left are supporting those that would end consumptive use of wildlife and take your guns away, almost to a man. I don't know how any outdoorsman or gun owner could vote democrat in these times.

I agree with you 100%.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by WBG
James, to answer your question, although you already know the answer, those that support the left are supporting those that would end consumptive use of wildlife and take your guns away, almost to a man. I don't know how any outdoorsman or gun owner could vote democrat in these times.

Would this be like having two cakes. One with pretty frosting and the other has a better cake formula.

So you scrape the frosting off the one and put on the other.

I don't think it works that way.

The parties are what they and you are either eating one or the other.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 03:46 PM

Politicians that are for abortion and open borders are also for more gun legislation and eliminating trapping, and have proven it by their voting record. One has to pick a side.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 03:55 PM

What if your side is shall not be infringed? No socialism? Right to use property? Right to privacy? Right to operate a business? Right to work as much as you want to? Then who do you vote for?
Posted By: hippie

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
What if your side is shall not be infringed? No socialism? Right to use property? Right to privacy? Right to operate a business? Right to work as much as you want to? Then who do you vote for?

I'd say, some day you'll grow up and realize that humans haven't had those things since the cave-man days, if then.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 04:34 PM

Liberals are patently dishonest. I saw a headline where the Dems are bent out of shape at being labeled socialists. They know the country isn't quite ready for it yet and they need more time cement what gains they think they've made. Why lie? What else are they lying about? I will never surrender to them, they're not fit to be called Americans.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 07:25 PM

My grandad was born in 1903. There was no federal reserve, no firearms laws, no zoning, no business license's , no federal reserve bank. Nobody told farmers what to grow or not grow. They were free to sell anything they produced, to anybody who wanted to buy it, for whatever price they could agree on. From the pictures I've seen they did not live in a cave. I think this must have been taken about 1904. The adults are my great grandparents. I don't think they were cave people either.

[Linked Image]

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 07:28 PM

They are very good at getting to people’s emotions without any facts to back them up. Look at the HSUS and ASPCA ads. I friend of mine was going to start giving $100 yearly to HSUS due to their emotional ads. However, when I told him they got a D- grade from HumaneWatch, he decided to give it to the local no-kill animal shelter. At least that is $100 less the HSUS will putting in their coffers.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 08:40 PM

I'll admit that I don't know what I don't know so I'll ask some questions. I am a life member of the PA Trappers Association & Maine Trappers Association and an annual member of FTA. I paid annual dues to the National Association for more than 20 years, but I am not a current member. Before I can support an organization I need to know what they do with the money I send to them. After hours on line the only budget info for the National Association that I can find does not look good. Does anyone have access to their current budget. Simple as this, if I send them $100 and they spend $90 internally maybe my $100 is better off going somewhere else.

Emerson Bornman
Berks County PA & Aroostook County, Maine
Posted By: henpecked1

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/05/19 09:02 PM

Emerson, great comment, clarity and visibility, its what we want from our government why not our ORGANIZATIONS. We know that most of the animal right groups have issues the subject, where do the funds go. I am sure this will generate alot of conversation. Thanks and I think I willl do a little digging myself. Jim
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by WBG

Would this be like having two cakes. One with pretty frosting and the other has a better cake formula.

Hey Betty Crocker, that makes no sense whatsoever. Are you sure that you are in the right forum?

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 12:36 AM

It's called dancing with the one that brought ya

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
Liberals are patently dishonest. I saw a headline where the Dems are bent out of shape at being labeled socialists. They know the country isn't quite ready for it yet and they need more time cement what gains they think they've made. Why lie? What else are they lying about? I will never surrender to them, they're not fit to be called Americans.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good , good post, Posco.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 01:10 AM

Maybe we should also tolerate political differences amongst ourselves and other trappers, hunters, and shooters. If they support trapping, shooting, and hunting, they ought to be considered allies in the fight against the antis, regardless of their positions on other issues.

Insisting on lockstep political correctness is a surefire way to be divisive. Plays right into the antis' hands. Jim

but if they vote for people who would LIMIT our Freedoms (second amendment, especially) then they need to be called out on it.

most times, those who vote for Progressives "justify" their vote to their Sportsmen "brothers" by saying some version of "well, they'll NEVER get THAT (gun control) passed."

so Progressives get voted in and they pursue the very policies they SAID they'd pursue; and they get another half loaf of their Control Bread....

BUT...they didn't outright confiscate guns, so the trappers who voted for them can say..."see, I TOLD you"; and they'll continue to vote for their own destruction.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

Insisting on lockstep political correctness is a surefire way to be divisive. Plays right into the antis' hands. Jim

but if they vote for people who would LIMIT our Freedoms (second amendment, especially) then they need to be called out on it.

most times, those who vote for Progressives "justify" their vote to their Sportsmen "brothers" by saying some version of "well, they'll NEVER get THAT (gun control) passed."

so Progressives get voted in and they pursue the very policies they SAID they'd pursue; and they get another half loaf of their Control Bread....

BUT...they didn't outright confiscate guns, so the trappers who voted for them can say..."see, I TOLD you"; and they'll continue to vote for their own destruction.

Exactly

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 02:09 AM

Insisting on lockstep political correctness is a surefire way to be divisive. Plays right into the antis' hands.

Jim

While I understand what your saying,I don't understand how you expect to win if you can't face up to who our enemy is.A guy can point out some Republican who backs some anti legistation.But the Democratic party has consistently backed and introduced the anti agenda in this country.I'm not saying that because I don't like the party I'm stating a fact.Look at whats happening in New Mexico right now with both anti hunting legislation and the gun bill.Count the amount of "D"'s that support this vs. the amount of "R"'S.This goes on time and time again.I remember one radical anti trapping bill in congress back in the mid '80's that had,if I remember right 117 Democrats backing it and 3 Republicans!If you guys are serious about this fight the first place you can start is with the Democratic Party and try to change their outlook on what we do and convince them to stop with the hillbilly and redneck insinuations,or as Hillary like to call us deplorables.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 02:19 AM

I am a redneck. Im not a bit ashamed that I know how to feed out and butcher a hog or steer either one. I know how to hunt and butcher deer and elk. I know how to trap and pelt fur bearers. I know how to fish. I can usually fix whats broke even if I have to make a part. I can raise a garden and can the harvest. My wife can sew. Everything from quilts to blue jeans. (she is a red neck too) I might not know which fork to use but I can produce whatever is on the plate. A skill more valuable than some knotheads ideas about etiquette. I never finished high school but I can navigate this whole country with just the map in my head. Another valuable skill. I got another job offer again today that I'm not even looking for.

No shame at all when it comes to my roots.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 02:33 AM

Why should I have to eat from a fixed menu? (Either Democrat or Republican platform.)

Why can't I order and eat what I want?

Jim

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 04:36 AM

I'm not looking to argue with you James,but I notice you back away from admitting which party is responsible for the trouble we have to respond to,organize for,and try to raise money so we can hang on to our rights and traditions.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
I'm not looking to argue with you James,but I notice you back away from admitting which party is responsible for the trouble we have to respond to,organize for,and try to raise money so we can hang on to our rights and traditions.

Both parties are responsible. Although, the left is more aggressive than the right at taking our second amendment rights. Both parties are about power and control, they both should be giving the freedom and choices back to the people.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 04:52 AM

To the OP’s point, I agree.. we need to fight them at all cost. I am a member of multiple state and both national organizations. I will send emails and call representatives. We should all be actively involved with helping trapping regulations. We are currently trying to loosen trapping restrictions in Delaware, our biggest hurdle at this point is educating fellow trappers and getting their buyin about expanding our rights. Before we even take it to the public...

Remember, the key is to be active in trapping organizations, not just a member.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

Both parties are responsible. Although, the left is more aggressive than the right at taking our second amendment rights. Both parties are about power and control, they both should be giving the freedom and choices back to the people.

The original issue was about joining your state and national organizations and pulling your weight.And trying to give equal weight to both parties in the anti-hunting,trapping and gun fight is not true.Its not hard to examine sponsorship,co-sponsership,yeas or nays,on 2nd amendment and animal rights issues.And I guarantee you the winner by a large margin is the Democratic party.Call it for what it is.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 12:32 PM

Go back and look at the example I gave on the anti trap bill in the mid -80's.117 to 3.What because 3 Republicans voted for it we can blame the whole party as equally as the Democrats?Hardly.I do not belong to the GOP,I do not march lock step with them on issues just because their the GOP,as a matter of fact,I'd keep a close eye on them on these issues nowdays because in the spirit of bipartisanship I can see them throwing the Dems a few bones every now and then on issues they don't deem really important,and in the mean time scoring points with the soccer mom crowd,which could very well mean throwing us under the bus.But to date,they;ve been far more receptive and easy to work with than the Dems,many of whom anymore come from inner cities and have absolutely no concept of what we do and don't care.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 12:37 PM

Go back and look at the example I gave on the anti trap bill in the mid -80's.117 to 3.What because 3 Republicans voted for it we can blame the whole party as equally as the Democrats?Hardly.I do not belong to the GOP,I do not march lock step with them on issues just because their the GOP,as a matter of fact,I'd keep a close eye on them on these issues nowdays because in the spirit of bipartisanship I can see them throwing the Dems a few bones every now and then on issues they don't deem really important,and in the mean time scoring points with the soccer mom crowd,which could very well mean throwing us under the bus.But to date,they;ve been far more receptive and easy to work with than the Dems,many of whom anymore come from inner cities and have absolutely no concept of what we do and don't care.

Absolutely agree.

To many need a stronger backbone.

Just recently on Trumps wall they have showed exactly that. No backbone.

They say. Well we voted with the dems cause Trump will veto it anyway and we will get the wall than. So the chickens put it all on Trump to protect their own behind.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 01:03 PM

My grandad hated driver license. Said it was a right to operate something you owned on roads you are forced to pay for through taxes.

When he was a boy most roads were trails. Told me when he was 12 his dad ( my great grandad) bought the first car in the county. (near Wiley CO) He bought it through the hardware store and it came to town on the train along with a drum of gasoline. When it came it was wheat harvest. They had to hire men and great grandad had to stay there. Sent my 12 year old grampa to town to get it. He walked the 6-7 miles and he and the guy who owned the hardware store read the manual and figured out how to drive it. Granpa drove it home and showed great granpa how to drive it.

Said it was another ten years or so before you had to get permission to drive your car. You had to go to town and pay a 50 cent tax and get a license. No test involved. Some tax payer maintained roads did exist and another fee gave you a vehicle license to use your car on those roads.

Its not a D and R thing. Its time to make political parties illegal. Time to hold individuals responsible for our loss of freedom. Both parties have no problem telling you to get permission before you start a business to create your own wealth or buy a shotgun to keep your family safe

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 02:47 PM

That's a good post Danny, lots of lessons in there, this day and age everyone involved would be going to jail.
Posted By: 1crazytrapper

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by WBG

anyone that votes democrat needs to take their blinders off and look around at what party is taking our 2 a rights, hunting rights and trapping rights away. If you want to vote democrat, you might as well plan on giving your guns, traps, and hunting gear away to people that would rather see an innocent baby murdered than see a rat being killed.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 04:11 PM

I usually donate directly to who is fighting a bill or lawsuit. I like that a bigger percentage of the money is going to t he fight this way. I do join the Pa. Trappers when I go to a rondy also.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 04:21 PM

Fellas, I understand the political banter but I see this thread as a wake up call that we as trappers need to get our own house in order. When less than 15% of all trappers belong to an organized trapping association, how can we possibly expect our wildlife departments and our politicians to take us seriously.

If you are not a member of a trappers organization, who in the world do you think is going to stand up and fight to for you? In the world we live in today, the folks that scream the loudest get the most attention. Trappers are a small percentage of the overall population and that percentage is constantly shrinking. We need to stick together and promote what we do or we will surely lose the privilege to continue to do it.

Look at how many states have already lost the ability to use the tools that work the best. And look at the states that are currently engaged in battles with groups that want to further limit what we can do as trappers.

Make no mistake about it, the antis want all trapping, hunting and fishing stopped and they are working toward those goals every day.

Keep sitting on the sidelines expecting someone else to fight your battles and you will surely be the one that wonders what happened when you can no longer trap.

Get off your butt and do something yourself instead of expecting someone else to do it for you!

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 04:36 PM

Great comment and observation, who else but an organization that has the infrastructure in place to represent our position. People say why join the NTA? QuietButDeadly has articulated it nicely,, sure you get a magazine, a card and some other niceties but what you are buying into is years of experience fighting for our position. Your initial membership fee's barely cover the subscription mailing and admin functions to make you a member.

f you are not a member of a trappers organization, who in the world do you think is going to stand up and fight to for you? In the world we live in today, the folks that scream the loudest get the most attention. Trappers are a small percentage of the overall population and that percentage is constantly shrinking. We need to stick together and promote what we do or we will surely lose the privilege to continue to do it.

Get off your butt and do something yourself instead of expecting someone else to do it for you! (great words)

Jim

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 05:16 PM

For those that have not been on the NTA LINK please take a few moments to visit it. Take a look at what you are investing in, because that's the future for saving our hobby/industry.

http://www.nationaltrappers.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsbZhBFFgfo

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 05:53 PM

Question..... when a fella donates to the NTA, does that money go into the general fund or do they keep it seperate kinda like donating to the ILA arm of the NRA, to just be used for legal battles?

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
Fellas, I understand the political banter but I see this thread as a wake up call that we as trappers need to get our own house in order. When less than 15% of all trappers belong to an organized trapping association, how can we possibly expect our wildlife departments and our politicians to take us seriously.

If you are not a member of a trappers organization, who in the world do you think is going to stand up and fight to for you? In the world we live in today, the folks that scream the loudest get the most attention. Trappers are a small percentage of the overall population and that percentage is constantly shrinking. We need to stick together and promote what we do or we will surely lose the privilege to continue to do it.

Look at how many states have already lost the ability to use the tools that work the best. And look at the states that are currently engaged in battles with groups that want to further limit what we can do as trappers.

Make no mistake about it, the antis want all trapping, hunting and fishing stopped and they are working toward those goals every day.

Keep sitting on the sidelines expecting someone else to fight your battles and you will surely be the one that wonders what happened when you can no longer trap.

Get off your butt and do something yourself instead of expecting someone else to do it for you!

IMO...Exactly why the political angle is the most important. I do agree that we all band together and I do belong to several pro trapping organizations. However all of the states that are having all of these infringements on our 2a rights and outdoor heritage sports, are controlled by the democratic party. Time for everyone that hunts, traps and owns firearms to wake up and vote for the people that protect their rights to do so. Voters are the ones that control who is in the position to make and change the law. Voting for people that want to take those rights away from us seems very counterproductive. If we got all the democratic sportsmen to lean the other way, maybe it could make a difference. Joining all of the pro trapping and hunting organizations that exist, will not help our cause unless we elect people that actually stand by us on these issues.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by 1crazytrapper

IMO...Exactly why the political angle is the most important. I do agree that we all band together and I do belong to several pro trapping organizations. However all of the states that are having all of these infringements on our 2a rights and outdoor heritage sports, are controlled by the democratic party. Time for everyone that hunts, traps and owns firearms to wake up and vote for the people that protect their rights to do so. Voters are the ones that control who is in the position to make and change the law. Voting for people that want to take those rights away from us seems very counterproductive. If we got all the democratic sportsmen to lean the other way, maybe it could make a difference. Joining all of the pro trapping and hunting organizations that exist, will not help our cause unless we elect people that actually stand by us on these issues.

Right on! They vote dem until it's too late and then look for help. You don't have to look very far at all to see the ones who do this either!!

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 06:50 PM

Last I knew less than 1% of what NTA collected went to support trapping. The rest was consumed internally. That may have changed. I don't know. They are still pretty secretive as to where exactly the money goes. Looks like in 2012 it was .8%. So every 100 dollars collected 80 cents went to defend trapping. Like I said that may have changed. Maybe one of the directors will post an updated pie chart.

[Linked Image]

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

both parties are about power and control, but I certainly think anyone can do a small amount of research about what party consistently works against our cause. Anyone that does any amount of research into who backs us and who doesn't should certainly know the truth. The truth is that the MAJORITY of democrats are against us 100 percent and the MAJORITY of republicans have always backed us. Even if you are a democrat that backs us you still need to change your party line and vote for the republicans. Even if some democrats are on our side , the MAJORITY vote is what changes the laws. When you have a democratically controlled government, the MAJORITY vote of that government will always rule against our cause. The democrats that actually are on our side in this case will not be the MAJORITY and our freedoms will be taken. I yelled majority as I don't believe all democrats are our enemies. The majority of them are our enemies and the majority is who changes the law. Time to wake up and vote for the republican majority that supports us.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 07:02 PM

Fellas, I do not mean to down play the importance of the political side. But in order for us to be heard, we need our fella trappers to not only join our organizations but to participate actively in the decision making process and work for positive change. Who would you listen to? A group that represents 10% of their potential base or a group that represents 75% of their potential base.

If we had 75% of us engaged, we could be doing a lot more than playing defense every time the antis decide to attack.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 07:06 PM

MAJORITY of republicans have always backed us

I'm not sure who us is but it is not me. R's have voted for plenty of gun control, tax increases even socialism. R's have voted for zoning laws, farm bills that give government almost complete control over the farmer. When you say us I am definitely not part of that group.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 07:15 PM

Try to focus Danny, we're talking about reps backing us outdoorsman, not your perceived way the world is not now or ever been a free-for-all.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 07:30 PM

how does gun control back outdoorsman? how about all the gates still locked on national forests?

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 07:39 PM

MAJORITY of republicans have always backed us

I'm not sure who us is but it is not me. R's have voted for plenty of gun control, tax increases even socialism. R's have voted for zoning laws, farm bills that give government almost complete control over the farmer. When you say us I am definitely not part of that group.

So are you saying you vote for the side that the majority of the time votes against us? Just because a small amount of times the republicans voted against our views doesn't mean that this is the case the majority of the time. Either that is the case or you are one that simply doesn't vote. People that blab and don't do anything about it are the reason our rights are being stripped from us. Sorry Danny but I think I am talking about percentages. The majority, or highest percent of the time the republicans, (the republican party majority)backs us. I would love to be able to go back to the time when the government did not have a hold on us as they do now. The simple fact is that this is not the case any more. They have a hold of us in every facet of our lives. The only way to effect change is to vote for the majority that supports what change you desire. The democrat majority will never vote for our cause at this current time. Back when your great grand pappy, rode his wagon onto town and the government was more to your liking, the democrats were more on our side. Times change and we have to change to combat this. Holding onto what was in the past is nice, but cannot help our cause at the present time.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 07:42 PM

how does gun control back outdoorsman? how about all the gates still locked on national forests?

Really? His magic wand must be broken, duhh

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 08:13 PM

Fellas, I do not mean to down play the importance of the political side. But in order for us to be heard, we need our fella trappers to not only join our organizations but to participate actively in the decision making process and work for positive change. Who would you listen to? A group that represents 10% of their potential base or a group that represents 75% of their potential base.

If we had 75% of us engaged, we could be doing a lot more than playing defense every time the antis decide to attack.

As I stated before I do belong to several pro trapping and hunting as well as 2a rights organizations. I believe we all should do that, it helps. On the other hand, even if 75% of all the trappers were involved in organizations we can do little to help if we do not vote for the political sector that supports us. We are such a small minority any more, that our unified voices are only a whisper. It is going to take a total unification of all people with interests in hunting, trapping, and 2a rights to band together and vote for the only side that supports us. The republicans. If all sportsmen banded together and voted republican, it could make a difference, otherwise all these blue states that exist now, are the next target of attack. Look at a map of blue states verses red. look at what states have stripped rights to trap, and are also the most restrictive to our 2a rights. They are all blue democratic controlled states. Any members that vote democrat, please try to prove me wrong, maybe as you look up the facts you will become educated about the political party that is actually supporting our cause the majority of the time. Unification on electing those who back our cause is the only way to secure our American heritage.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 08:17 PM

any anti reading this must be smilin hard.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 08:24 PM

Yea they are smiling and they are targeting all blue states as we talk. Those that vote on the wrong side need to take heed at what's happening. Only way to stop it is to vote!

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/06/19 08:31 PM

Amen,and keep pestering those among us that actually vote against us.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 12:10 AM

Voting is a start but becoming active in local, regional and national efforts is needed.
Being visible and taking someone with you to your sportsman meeting, your district trapping events -fairs, fur sales, training and youth field days, as well as your State Conferences and National Events.
At a state and national convention not enough people attend the meetings and learn what is going on. Questioning is good. Getting your hands dirty is better. Each organization has flaws and blemishes but until you are willing to make it better don't condemn those trying. Let's all belong and let's see what we can do by uniting. Start by finding good material and sharing it with the world. Investigate PETA, and HSUS and expose where their donations are going. We have volunteers doing a lot of work. They are getting rich and taking our rights away. Let's hear your battle cry. Let's Charge forward and make something happen. Start by strengthening your local chapter and elect people to move up. Don't let someone fill a seat just to have it filled. Find people who will work and help them or do it yourself and get help. We have to quit the internal bickering and form a United Front with a million points of attack. Save our rights to go to the Zoo, have a pet, watch cattle graze in a field, eat chicken, ham and steak. Save our rights to hunt, fish and trap. Don't accept the attacks against leather and fur. In Genesis the bible says We have dominion over the animals. What do you think that means?

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 02:13 AM

Just so long as it is understood that an R after a politicians name doesn't mean that politician is pro gun pro trapping pro fishing. Many of them do not support the 2nd or like the idea of any one using or profiting from wildlife and fish. Don't forget national forest roads that were closed with a phone call could be opened by another.

Some organizations are more prone to working toward our benefit also. Lip service does not equal support. Ever bought a coyote lure because of a nice ad then not catch anything with it? Same thing. Hot air and no results.

So when someone tells you a candidate supports taking your money so it can be given to a deadbeat, don't start sputtering about how he has an R after his name. That R don't mean diddly. Remember speaker of the house John Boehner? Big R after his name. He is now a lobbyist for the marijuana industry and has NEVER supported an uninfringed right to bear arms. He did support a ban on some semi's though.

By all means stick up for your rights. Just don't blindly throw money out there. Pick where it goes carefully. You Christians ought to remember the warning about wolves in sheeps clothing.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 02:30 AM

Danny, I'm not looking to divide us by saying I'm an R and you are a D or whatever. I'm not labeling myself anything other than concerned. We could use someone like yourself willing to stand up for what they believe. I'm not where I need to be as far as going to church and such. It is easy to call yourself something and another thing to live that way. I'm just asking anyone willing to fight to stand with me and try to make a difference. How do you think we should proceed?

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 02:39 AM

This discussion should be about how we can get our fellow trappers to be engaged in the effort to protect what we do from the constant attacks that we face.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 02:44 AM

We need to start by starving out those who exist only to profit from a hot button topic. You really think PETA wants to kill the cash cow and end all use of animals by humans. Same with the NRA. Think they really want a supreme court decision ending all gun control and killing the cash cow?

When somebody with an R after their name says banning bump stocks is a good idea or wont make the phone call to open those closed roads its time to vote for somebody else.

I belong to a couple trapping organizations and one gun advocacy group. I took a lot of flack on this site because I wouldn't vote for McCain or Romney. Yeah they had R after their name but both were proponents of socialism and gun control. We keep voting for those things and we WILL keep getting more of them.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 02:54 AM

QuietbutDeadly, I agree. Danny- you are spot on. That is why involvement allows us to be listened to which is different than just being heard.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 03:12 AM

I don't like the way those organizations spend the money . They stay in the best hotels eat at the best restaurants and have one big bar tab I don't expect them to do it for nothing but I do expect them to do it for less than it is costing now

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 04:27 AM

Which organizations?

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by wr otis
How many trappers total in U.S.? If you signed up every single one you'd still not have what you need. What is needed is a fund raising plan, an honest to God fund raising plan not a nickel and dime raffle plan. Then with funding advertising and attack ads.

Danny's right, I believe animal rights organizations would be foolish to be truly concerned with completely halting trapping. They need us as a reason to raise funds

You are not going to get enough money from trappers as we tend to be a frugal bunch. We need to get non trappers involved. How many folks do you see at NWTF banquets that have never hunted a turkey? I see lots of non hunters at such events and they spend their money.

Trappers will not even spend $30 a year to join an association that stands up for trappers much less make significant donations to our cause.

And the antis have a widespread agenda to continue their fundraising. We are the low hanging fruit but we are not their only target.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 04:51 PM

Don (MinkGuy). I thought of something that you said about exposing groups like PETA and HSUS. Have professional brochures printed up exposing their hypocrisies and fallacies. Use the brochures to hand out to people when they are protesting our activities or have them on display at booths that we are manning such as at county fairs.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 05:36 PM

QBD makes a great point, this is not his first rodeo.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 06:22 PM

TV ads refuting what peta claims.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 06:57 PM

Expose them for the terrorist Waco's that they are. lighting fires and releasing mink, whats next?
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 07:06 PM

Once you realize trapping is dying business, it won't hurt so much. Carry on!

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 07:21 PM

I wouldn't say it's dead, if you do ADC work.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
I wouldn't say it's dead, if you do ADC work.

I thought this was the pest control industry like Orkin?

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 07:34 PM

Lol, that's where the monies at if ya live in Pa!
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/07/19 08:36 PM

Being retired I live on a fixed income. Consequently I watch where my money goes and where it does the most good. Repeatedly I have seen one national organization mishandle money. As a result I no longer am a member. Trappers should put their money where it will do the most good, not because of the name of the organization.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/08/19 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Fisherman
Being retired I live on a fixed income. Consequently I watch where my money goes and where it does the most good. Repeatedly I have seen one national organization mishandle money. As a result I no longer am a member. Trappers should put their money where it will do the most good, not because of the name of the organization.

Can you explain what is being mishandled? I to am retired and would like to see if my money is being misused.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/08/19 12:35 AM

For starters: 1. Money being carelessly handled and not safeguarded by young employees more interested in flirting than doing their job, repeatedly happened..
2. Large groups being flown, housed, and fed to inspect future convention sites., when Only one or two could have done the job.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/08/19 03:54 AM

Volunteers need to be treated as if what they are doing is important. Many of the people you see working in organizations at events still pay to get in as well as cover their own expenses. Sure sometimes they are reimbursed and sometimes they are even allowed to have fun. Right now the mentality of some of the members is not business like. Do you think there are many businesses that attract the best, brightest, hardest workers by skimping on every expense. If it were me I'd encourage employees / volunteers to have some fun while working. That is how we could keep and attract capable team members. Which organization with experience would actually send 1 or 2 people to plan a convention?
Posted By: FriarTuck

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/08/19 05:01 AM

Thanks MinkGuy,
Just sent in the life membership to my state Trappers Association.
Couldn't do the lifetime NTA right now, but managed a 3 year renew.
There have been some great reasons given in this thread.
Jim

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/08/19 05:13 AM

Thank you - we are in this together! Hope to meet you at a convention soon. I'll keep you posted on our plans.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/08/19 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by FriarTuck
Thanks MinkGuy,
Just sent in the life membership to my state Trappers Association.
Couldn't do the lifetime NTA right now, but managed a 3 year renew.
There have been some great reasons given in this thread.
Jim

Thank you sir! And encourage your trapping friends to do the same!

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/08/19 04:44 PM

If the Nationals need money, do like the State organizations and have a fur Auction. The trapper gets possibly a better payday and so does the Organization. No begging, just a good business deal for both.

Have it at the Stephenson County Fairground, so Groeny only has to drive 20 miles or so to attend.

Don't forget this requirement: "Only members are allowed to consign fur to your auction."

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/08/19 05:11 PM

Don, I don't mean to be a wet blanket. I have the greatest respect for you; what you have done and continue to do for trapping. I share your passion, but although we want the same thing I think we view things through different colored glasses.Perhaps I am too conservative,but Unfortunately my thinking has been affected by past events; continual drama, people promoting only themselves, not trapping, a lot of wasted money, and even stolen money in my state,at least twice by officers, Over the years I've seen many people come and go, I call them flashes in the pan.In New York there has been a lot of this,, but thank God there have been people like Bob Hughes, Dick Leggett, Pat Arnold, Dave Corse,Johnny Rockwood, Jim Carmody, and a lot more that stayed the course through thick and thin.
Despite my concerns I believe that the Sportsmen's Alliance and the NTA must be supported; on a national level they are the best that we have. In New York the theft of money hurt our membership greatly, a theft by one of our own! Yet we must continue to support our state organizations as well as our local groups..I recently joined the Pa. trappers. Good luck with your state banquet

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/08/19 06:04 PM

That's a bad deal Fisherman, but think it's the exception rather than the rule as far as being widespread in the organization's.

I thank all who donate their time to such, it takes special people to do so. I'm too backward, don't like being in crowds at all. I do donate when I can and do look for the most direct route for it to get to the fight. Just my way....

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/08/19 06:12 PM

All,
Don made a plea for help, he got about 4k looks and quite a few open. For those of you who elect not to support, no problem, the world will continue. That world will have trapping in it: or not. Just as it will have Democracy or Socialism. When war come to your door steps like on 9/11, some people stepped up to the plate, other vets supported where they could, other were not able to and other elected to make excuses or were against the issue. All problems of the world have these same common denominators. Consumptive use of wildlife is facing a crossroads in time just as America is in 2020. Vote any way you want, spend your money anyway you want, the result it called consequence thinking. There will always be self serving bad apple's, the history of the evolution of the world is full of them. I went to Iraq: fought with people that before I worked with them there, I would not let in my house,now I would give them the shirt off my back. The trapping community is not perfect, but neither is America. Stand with trappers or not, this will come to a head, I will be with Don, the NTA, Paul D (a vet) in some form along with others that can overlook the faults of the past. We are not perfect but we are going to move forward. Enjoy ur trapping. Social Darwinism is live sand well.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/09/19 02:33 AM

Thank you Henpecked1, I appreciate your service as well as the service of all in the past and present. It is now time to unite! Look at your renewal notice or extend now. Join and bring another or better yet ask a hundred more to join. We have no choice if we want to continue enjoying the life we have now. I appreciate all who shared their thoughts. I'm asking you to pm me your ideas, your problems and your solutions. I'd like to be shed hunting, scouting for turkeys and setting beaver traps but right now this needs to be done. Make no mistake we are outnumbered with the way we are organized now. We need to reexamine everything we are doing and change course where needed. We need to bring together Ranchers, Farmers, Pet Owners, Food Companies, Furriers, Garment Makers, Leather Workers, Pest Control Companies and everyone else from Zoo and Circus owners. We need to recognize who is with us and call out those too weak to do what is right. Let's stand united and begin the charge. Please PM me to get on our list of those we can call on. Tell me your state, your background, your strengths.
Posted By: nyhuntfish

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/11/19 04:33 PM

Anti-American Bill Maher so erroneously, so egregiously, and with such ill-informed fervor, hit trapping I had to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYX0F0Z_O2c
Posted By: Mira Trapper

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/11/19 04:58 PM

There is a society today that love to build themselves up by ripping other folks apart & they benefit each other in pursuit of angelic nirvana against folks they can slander in all animal use industries. Therein lies the crux of the problem since they love to bully people who they deem less worthy than themselves on their ill-gotten pedestal.

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/11/19 05:01 PM

we all know who the real feminine hygiene product is but the general public doesn't.Maybe its time to attack what they think is ok huh.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Beat me up- go ahead I'm ready for a fight - 03/11/19 05:32 PM

I'm with you. I got a few looks last time I wore the digging the well deeper shirt at the grocery store. I was ready to share with anyone who asked.

The shows like The Last Alaskans have commercials during them. Maybe we could become a sponsor? Maybe send Chip or Hiemo a shirt to wear on the show? I see NAFA bags in some of the cabins like the Seldin's.

Don's right. Trapping may be my favorite thing to do but there is so much more to our lifestyle that that. We have so many connections we have with so many other people like Bow Hunters, Turkey Hunters, Fishermen and Women.We need these connections and we need their help to keep trapping the way we want it. We need to stick together on this. Even if you are the guy who '' doesn't want to get involved '' just donate something. Either you are an Asset or a Liability. Assets come in many shapes and forms and all are welcome.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums