Home

Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald?

Posted By: AnthonyT

Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/11/19 01:12 PM

Just wondering if anyone has sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald recently? I see lots of posts reporting on rats and coons but not much else.

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/12/19 02:36 PM

Guess nobody sells anything to Groenwald but coon and rats.
Posted By: Dave Plueger

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/12/19 03:51 PM

Green beaver are running at about a $10 ave, and otter at $20 for finished females, and $30 for males. Can't help you with cats.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/12/19 03:53 PM

I've been curious about beavers also Anthony! Trying to decide if it's worth much time to wrangle a few here when the ice starts to go out. Even with castor, tough to swallow about $20 total for beavers. Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/12/19 04:13 PM

I got $10 top on beaver, and $30 top on bobcats from Groenwold

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/12/19 04:37 PM

Michael, was that for green or put up beaver?

Dave, thanks for the otter prices. I have a couple huge males, a couple large females and a dink so I think I know about what I'll average on them. I think I'm going to sell all of my fur to Groenwold this time around and see how it goes. I have more beaver than anything else. Do they buy stretched and dried possums? I have a pile of them too.

ScottW - it is hard to get out after beaver for the low pay on them, but they get me into literally thousands of acres of trapping land so I get after them fairly hard. With what castor is paying it sure helps out, plus tail and oil sack sales.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/12/19 05:27 PM

Our furs were all green
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/12/19 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Lippold
Our furs were all green

IMO, selling to Groney you're going to want to sell green. I remember a few years back when they were in the $20-25 range one could get MAYBE $3 more per beaver average. He even told me they can put them up so cheap and exactly how they want them that they can't afford to pay much extra for put up. I wouldn't currently put up a beaver for $3, so I'm selling green! Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/12/19 05:47 PM

I'll probably sell a bunch green next season. I needed the freezer space this year so I have been putting them up. If I can average $10 green I'm OK with that.
Posted By: DROCK

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 12:12 AM

I'm going to give Groeny a try this year for the first time. I have 3 put up cats and a bunch of beaver that I decided to sell green after reading about the $2-3 difference. Does Groeny want castor dried & frozen or defrosted?
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 02:20 AM

Groenewold does not buy castor.
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 04:23 PM

Does he buy possums (put up?)

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 04:49 PM

I think I saw somewhere that they were not buying possums right now but I may be mistaken. I suggest you call and ask to be sure........ 815-938-2381

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 05:12 PM

Just talked to GFW and they are not buying any opossum this season.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 05:14 PM

I heard possum is being used to replace coyote trim on parkas as the price of coyote is getting too high and the supply too low.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I heard possum is being used to replace coyote trim on parkas as the price of coyote is getting too high and the supply too low.

laugh whistle wink
Posted By: trappersully

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 07:40 PM

I had 20 possums at FHA , been there a couple years, all sold this last sale $4.50 tops , $3.00 ave.. I should have sent a bunch more lol.
Posted By: DROCK

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly

That’s surprising to hear. I used the contact form on their website and asked if they bought dried castor and was told they do buy castor by an employee by the name of Abby Price.

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by DROCK

That’s surprising to hear. I used the contact form on their website and asked if they bought dried castor and was told they do buy castor by an employee by the name of Abby Price.

News to me. May be something new. I am certain that I have heard them say they do not deal with castor in the past.
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by trappersully
I had 20 possums at FHA , been there a couple years, all sold this last sale $4.50 tops , $3.00 ave.. I should have sent a bunch more lol.

Good for you!!! Possums are a crap shoot. A green crap shoot. lol
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/13/19 11:35 PM

Not knocking Groenwald but I think there are better places to sell bobcats. Groenwald may buy them but it isn't an item they speciaze in and thus it is difficult for them to put together a decent collection to be of interest to a foreign buyer.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Anyone sold Beaver, Otter or Cats to Groenwald? - 03/14/19 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by DROCK

Mark Boardman who runs the New York State Fur Route for GFW buys castor at all his Fur Stops.

You can call him at (716) 450-2050
© 2024 Trapperman Forums