Home

Rabid coons in NYC

Posted By: nyhuntfish

Rabid coons in NYC - 03/11/19 01:22 PM

I live 1 mile as the crow flies from this park.

CAN I TRAP THE COONS NOW PLEASE?

https://www.trappersreport.com/story/Rabid-Raccoons-in-Manhattan
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/11/19 01:36 PM

You're correct they asked for it
Posted By: nyhuntfish

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/11/19 02:11 PM

Funny... I wrote a long email last year with details (benefits, reasoning, etc) to this "coyote project" the city is behind. It's all about "watching the coyotes and reporting"....never touching (as goes all of NYC).

Zero Response.

I just asked if we could discuss pitching trapping in the city. This is how bizzarro world it is there.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/11/19 07:20 PM

Heck, Cuomo will sign a bill making rabies illegal in NYC, problem solved. grin
Posted By: warrior

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/11/19 10:02 PM

No doubt spread by all the food put out for community cats.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/11/19 10:20 PM

let them eat cake
Posted By: 080808

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/11/19 10:22 PM

Squash. Wrong! Cuomo will tax rabies.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/11/19 10:59 PM

They will vote them into a government position. They did it with AOC
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/11/19 11:57 PM

" It is the first time that rabid raccoons were identified in Manhattan since 2011, after the city conducted intensive vaccination efforts, trapping, vaccinating, and releasing 500 raccoons at the time."

I wonder how much that costs?

Face facts here, NYC will not allow citizens to trap and kill coons. They don't trust average "peasants" to do the work and they don't want the outrage that would follow when the ignorant populace of the city hear that animals will be killed.

I don't think I'd want to trap in NYC, I can't imagine dealing with the ne'er do wells and the ignorant animal lovers that you'd cross paths with on a daily basis. Plus I'll bet they restrict the trapping so you'd have to work in the wee hours of the morning so you would not offend anyone and have the traps/catch out of sight at all times.

Let them figure it out on their own, it'll probably end up costing hundreds per coon to fix the problem.
Can't fix stupid or democrats.

Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/12/19 12:00 AM

let nature take its course that's what they all preach
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/12/19 01:48 AM

Maybe a 1/2 doz. rabid wolves would get their attention a little better. Really big wolves, right around the Upper East Side.
Posted By: Twogunwilly

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/12/19 09:25 PM

I call for a total quarantine of NYC; absolutely no northbound traffic above the Tappan Zee bridge or Lincoln tunnel (unless turning left out of tunnel) until further review.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/12/19 11:56 PM

I'm betting the rabid coons moved there from DeeTroit and Chitown.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Rabid coons in NYC - 03/13/19 01:55 PM

Cut the bridges and let the whole stinking mess float out to sea, with all of those Democrat politicians with it. Of course that would be polluting the ocean.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums