Posted By: gibb

Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 03:49 AM

https://www.truthaboutfur.com/blog/living-sustainably-trapper-on-orange-juice/
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 11:42 AM

A Great Article
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 01:12 PM

Very good article, the problem is, here it is preaching to the choir! That article needs to be where everyone gets a chance to see it!
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Very good article, the problem is, here it is preaching to the choir! That article needs to be where everyone gets a chance to see it!

Hear! Hear! Totally agree. Now let's spread it far and wide over the course of the next few months.

Excellent article. Thanks for the share.

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 02:57 PM

At the end of the article you can give it a like and share with your own social network, the more likes the more chances it will be shared by more and more people. Doesn't cost you anything to like and share it.
By the way Truth About Fur has over 50,000 subscribers.
thanks
Jim
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 02:58 PM

There is a whole days reading with all the other articles in that blog.
Good article pulled together Jim.
Posted By: Mira Trapper

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 03:36 PM

The weight of the article is that it can be shared and many young folks can even use it in their educational presentations

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 03:38 PM

Lots of good articles there. I posted the blog addy here the other day because trappers need to read & know who is fighting for them & how they are doing so.

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 03:38 PM

Good job Gibb.
Posted By: Pawbracelets7

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 04:19 PM

Good article. Shines a light on the truth about consumerism and what it really takes to go from farm to table. The ill-informed "no footprint" crowd and those who spout inaccurate, false, and at times fairy tale data in the media (that's biased anyway. ALWAYS two sides to every story; good, bad, or indifferent) need to hear the truth about what they are consuming and the process it takes to get it to their table. Even in rural areas people are less knowledgeable about farming practices than city folk where 50 or 70 years ago. The "why" we as wildlife managers or controllers meet with negative push back from the miss-educated to what we do, most folk have become so far removed from the goods and foods they use any/all pseudo-science seems to make sense. In short, the less people know about the real process of "farm to table" (which is how ALL food is mass produced. Small, large, private, or corporate-you gotta grow it before you eat it) the easier it is to sale the latest "new" or "cataclysm" to what we consume, the way we consume it, or the way it is processed or manufactured. Same with fur. Those uninformed or better said, those who've been programed, believe it detrimental to the ecosystem, nature, and the earth to do what we do. As stated on the cover of all the FTA magazines, "The cruelest thing we can do to wildlife is fail to manage it", which is what we do as trappers, manage wildlife that would manage their selves into extinction and not in a "Disney movie" way by simply leaving on a bus driven by a bear but by disease and starvation. More of my NWCO clients need a short tutorial on carrying capacities in spite of the fact they called me to remove the bump in the night. Folks in general have allowed those who don't know to inform them about what they aren't willing to learn for themselves. Go to "The Library of Economics and Liberty" and type in "I, Pencil: My Family Tree" by Leonard E. Read. Great example.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 04:21 PM

excellent in all respects!

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/14/19 04:41 PM

Used to remind AR Vegans about their footprint & the hypocrisy of their footprint on different vegan PETA type forums. They despised me for showing them the irony & how such things as warfarin or fire for blazing their sugar fields or why 60 million buffalo are displaced by harvesters and other machinery. What used to really drive them nuts was showing them grain or corn harvesters travelling in military fashion over huge tracts of land beside each other with the wonder as to how many animals couldn't survive that vegan lifestyle they push let alone a beaver pond.

This poem which I wrote for those folks didn't help me with the vegan/AR hypocrites but I received a lot of positives from folks willing to see the irony.

Collateral Damage

I am the wheat fields all golden & brown
Every year the machinery mows me down.
Whirring cutters ripping into my field isn't so nice,
crickets and locusts, nesting birds and thousands of mice
lay mangled and broken in fields of wheat.

Vegans ignore their terrible plight,
as the wounded fade into the night.
Along come the combines and the threshers add to the score,
pounding and cutting into bits of feathers, flesh, & fur.
till the soil is refreshed with animal gore,

The plan for the farmer has already been set,
as his machinery catches all in its net.
The vegans don't like to hear of those collateral deaths,
but this is how farming goals are met.

Travelling the highways of this continent so vast and healthy,
harnessing nature has man quite wealthy.
He alone understands that his machinery offers life a new start,
because compost in sods is built on animal blood.

Their rotting flesh is an important gift for the sod,
those animals killed might be a natural gift from God.
That which is life feeds on deaths written in blood,
whether by the tooth or in the wake of a flood.

Scanning what was once shoulder high prairie grass,
pondering the expansion of all those vegan gases.
Not once has their mind's eye viewed the dead mass,
where mighty herds of the buffalo used to roam.
Long dead, their memory lives on as visions in this poem.
Replaced now by granary combines and planted ground,
where thundering hoof beats used to pound..

Taking advantage of energy bled from the extinct dinosaur,
from millenniums past the earth gives up her energy stored.
The monster bodies fell hard upon the dust.
Dissolving in time to radiate as oil wells burst,
giving up black gold held beneath the earth's crust.

See how the earth is scarred, once covered in water and ice.
All matter of life is lost with a mere flip of natures dice.
Some think death is unkind and unfair,
not knowing nature is endless with no worries or care.
People can sing of their sorrow with a compassionate flare,
However, surviving is a truth, that nothing is spared.
New life is fed from bodies caught in death’s glare.

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/15/19 06:59 PM

Not bad 250 likes and shares in a couple of days,

Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/15/19 07:05 PM

Holy crap ! An amazingly well laid out article.
Posted By: tjm

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/15/19 08:31 PM

Nice article, Jim. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 03/17/19 12:29 AM

Thanks guys getting a lot of good feedback.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 07/02/19 11:42 PM

Great article. I find all of his articles interesting and informative. Thank you.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 07/03/19 01:56 AM

Great article
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 07/03/19 03:58 AM

Thank you for posting Gibb. Lot of things can be learned from just being willing to open our eyes. I spent 21 days in India in 2008 . We arrived in January and in New Deli we had hardly any fresh fruit and vegetables as it was winter and too cold to grow many in that region then. We flew south about 100- 1,200 miles to Mauderi and there was fresh fruit and veggies all over the place. Yes India is not nearly as affluent as we are for sure but in reality could we find better uses for our affluence then to fly bulky fresh, perishable crops 2-3,000 miles. When one looks at all the possibilities for our discretionary income the fresh celery or lettuce from CA or Mexico become much more expensive per ounce then we ever want to calculate.
Also much is made about the size of the foot print we make and that is an economic ethical question, where we place our foot prints and what we utilize is more the political question, which is one reason why we will be slow to get serious about a whole host of issues.
Bryce
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 07/03/19 04:09 AM

Great article.

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 07/08/19 09:41 PM

Glad you guys enjoyed it.
Working on another one about plastic, scares the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) out of me.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Pineapples & Orange Jucie - 07/09/19 02:58 AM

Convenience comes at great costs many times. While in India in 2008 we traveled about 2500 miles in country about half of that via train or a tad more. In the past all liter was tossed but back then the liter was bio-degradable, today they toss plastic and the amount of lter along rail lines, and road routes and in the cities etc. is almost unimaginable, and it will be be there for a long, long time.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums