Home

Hemp oil

Posted By: MJM

Hemp oil - 03/16/19 10:57 PM

Hemp oil is it a cure all?
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Hemp oil - 03/16/19 11:01 PM

Got a sister with bad arthritis that swears buy it.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Hemp oil - 03/16/19 11:01 PM

doubt it helps me sleep now theres a million brands out there don't know which is which haven't had any that smells like Backbreaker YET

Re: Hemp oil - 03/16/19 11:44 PM

jeff karsten have you ever tried it? Is it supposed to smell like Backbreaker?
Catch22 can you find out what brand she uses for me. I see all kinds of it listed for sale ranging from $20+ an oz to $54 a gallon.
Posted By: run

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 12:29 AM

I put hempseed oil on my food. It's $18 plus tax for a 16oz. Bottle.

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
Catch22 can you find out what brand she uses for me. I see all kinds of it listed for sale ranging from $20+ an oz to $54 a gallon.

Give me a few and I'll check.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 12:39 AM

Not a cure all, but CBD, in its various transport and application methods is widely recognized for many health benefits. The Feds need to loosen up restrictions before it can come under FDA standards. Once that happens, hopefully, you will better know the qualities of the product you are buying. Right now there are products ranging from what Snake Oil Salesmen would sell up to high end products. The problem is, there are no current standards, to speak of. So prices and quality widely vary.
Posted By: Choo

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 01:37 AM

If your looking for supposed pain relief then you want CBD oil. The oils derived from the seed doesn't have the cannabinoids that give supposed pain relief. I say supposed due to the fact there is very little research on it's medicinal properties and if companies actually put that on the label then they would fall under fda regs. A 25 dollar ounce product is probably pretty cheap stuff. The majority of the CBD supplements sell for around 60-80 dollars for a 1000mg CBD bottle. The more mg of CBD the higher the cost. Do the math and I believe it comes out to around 2000 + dollars per ounce of CBD. Also not all products are equal, this plant is essentially marijuana without the high inducing compound thc. There can be traces of it in the product and you take enough of it and it can show up in your system. That's probably super rare but there is always that chance.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 01:42 AM

I can recommend a local farm that grows and extracts their own CBD. My wife and her sister use it to great effect for insomnia.

That would be "Resonance Farm" in Oregon. You can google it and get their website. It is reasonably priced and very good.

BTW, hemp and its products are now legal in all 50 states.
Posted By: coloradocat

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 02:14 AM

I live in the epi-center of hemp production in Colorado. Some absolutely swear by it. Like said earlier, due diligence is the key. Find a reputable producer. It is my understanding that higher dosages will show up on blood tests because there is no standard set yet. Like trace amounts, but high enough to show THC on CDL drivers.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by coloradocat
I live in the epi-center of hemp production in Colorado. Some absolutely swear by it. Like said earlier, due diligence is the key. Find a reputable producer. It is my understanding that higher dosages will show up on blood tests because there is no standard set yet. Like trace amounts, but high enough to show THC on CDL drivers.

They need to get the two different types of THC nailed down in those drug tests. Not everyone is using products to get high.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by MJM

yes I have as I said it helps me sleep and like I said theres a million brands floating around with all kinds of flavorings you have no idea what your buying I get mine from the local pharmacy
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by coloradocat

This why I don’t try it for my arthritis and spine probelms because the place I work part time I need my CDL also they have testing and one failed test you’re fired I could survive without the job but Iit does make life easier at the bank.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 02:57 AM

Put some in your home brew and perhaps I'll stop by again? wink

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22
Originally Posted by MJM

Give me a few and I'll check.

MJM, sorry it took so long to get back with ya. Anyway, this is what she said works really well for her. The link shows ya what it is but I believe you can find it cheaper on ebay or amazon. Hope this helps.
Well Grade hemp oil 5000mg
Posted By: Creek

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 01:26 PM

I tried it for my sciatica. it did nothing for me.
Posted By: scrapper

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 01:30 PM

A friend of mine lost his job from this stuff. Showed up in the pee test. If you have cdl's. use with caution

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 01:49 PM

Thanks for the replies and the links. The main reason I ask is because of the difference in price of what you see listed. Anyone else have any reports of it working and for what. There are all sorts of things people take for different things, and some claim it works and others say it does nothing. I hate to spend $100 on something that will do nothing. I have tried some of the different things and seen no difference in how I feel.
Posted By: Dawnpatrol

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 03:55 PM

PureKana is organic....300 mg bottle does well for "taking the edge off"....price point is good.....just look for online coupon codes to get a discount.....i personally have good results with using it
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Hemp oil - 03/17/19 04:33 PM

The federal standard for CBD is that it can contain up to .3% THC. I know that in the case of Resonance farm their product contains 0% THC and you cannot get high on it. Products that are made from CBD distillate have had any trace amounts of THC removed in the process.

There are some people in the industry that believe that the terpenes (the chemicals that give marijuana its smell) are helpful because of the entourage effect with CBD. Besides CBD, hemp also produces many other similar chemicals such as CBG (thought to be a superior analgesic) etc etc.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Hemp oil - 07/12/19 09:35 PM

My wife says it works for her mood and anxiety. I think it pure hokum.
Posted By: charles

Re: Hemp oil - 07/12/19 09:39 PM

I have tried CBD oilfield several weeks. No improvement in knee.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Hemp oil - 07/12/19 10:21 PM

charles, is it a full spectrum CBD oil and are you taking the correct dosage? Full spectrum CBD OIL contains trace amounts of THC. Full spectrum is the only type of CBD oil that helps me the majority of the time although there are times where my pain is too much and the recommended dosage of the full spectrum CBD oil does "nothing" to ease my pain. There are times where I have to take 3-4 x's the recommended dosage just to make a dent in my pain. The down side to full spectrum is the cost.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums