Home

Got my bobcat mount back

Posted By: clintp1971

Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 01:17 AM

Got my bobcat home from the taxidermist today. Really happy with the way it turned out.
Biggest cat I got this year. Still anxious to get my white coyote back.

Attached picture 087285E9-53C0-403A-B544-F7DB3C6B24E8.png
Posted By: TPtrapping

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 01:21 AM

Lucky I am still waiting for my cat from last year.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 01:28 AM

Nice Cat!!! and Nice Mount. Congrats!!!
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 02:20 AM

Nice man, like the rock form.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 02:54 AM

Thanks guys, I’m tickled with how it turned out.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 02:58 AM

Very nice!
Posted By: Railroader

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 03:44 AM

Very nice. I am still anxiously awaiting your white coyote mount as well!

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 04:01 AM

Railroader, I’ll promise you get to see it here first. You are the one
who encouraged me to mount it, so I may send an envelope for a small donation.😬
Just kidding!
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 08:56 AM

Ok I'll say it one more cat mount that the head looks awful. Your taxidermist made him "china eyed"........ Or was it road kill and the head was flattened?

Grandpa always said straight talk is easily understood.
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Ok I'll say it one more cat mount that the head looks awful. Your taxidermist made him "china eyed"........ Or was it road kill and the head was flattened?

I think it looks great!!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 10:41 AM

very nice
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 10:47 AM

Nice mount. Congrats.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 10:53 AM

You should start a post about what you consider good taxidermy with pics of your perfect mounts. Or did Grandpa say just criticize others?

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 05:13 PM

I love straight talk, so hard to find these days . Not near as easy as straight type, or straight text, those are worthless to me.
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 05:19 PM

Looks like a great job. Enjoy it.

Pete
Posted By: Goonie

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 06:40 PM

Nice, looks great
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 07:40 PM

Nice mount looks good
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 07:48 PM

Yep. I don't know why so many lie just to make someone feel good about getting ripped.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:12 PM

Don't remember who it was that had a cat mount post. But wish they would put the pics back on here so those of you who think THAT looks good could see a good looking cat.
As for my Grandpa telling people not to hurt others feelings? That is what is wrong with society today afraid to say it like it is. Besides I'm sorry if your tears run your mascara !!!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

You should start a post about what you consider good taxidermy with pics of your perfect mounts. Or did Grandpa say just criticize others?

Wasn't critizising him just his taxidermist !!!!

That sucks for a cat mount..... The style and the pose are super , but the head is wrong .

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:20 PM

Ok found it search bobcat pose and look at ID TRAPPER'S and Posco's cats. Few more nice mounts on there. THAT is what a bobcat 's head is supposed to look like.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:23 PM

I’m just here for the comments!🍿

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:24 PM

Clint no offense but very few good taxidermist can do a cat. They always mess up the eyes and or face . Love the over all theme but sorry it is off it's off. Message posco next time you want a GREAT cat taxi
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:33 PM

I think people should have some class, sure not everyone is going to have a museum grade mount, and honestly it's probably not as important to most people as preserving the memories .

Straight talk?....Yeah right, go to a hospital nursery and comment on the baby with the pointed head, or talk about the butt ugly one in the corner, and see if you make it out of there with all your teeth in place.

The only place I see "straight talk' is behind the safety of a computer screen.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:37 PM

I was thinking the same thing ky coyote hunter, some people love to put people down. You don't see everyone telling Jbyrd he needs to drop 50# when he post pics of himself with a fish or animal. I've learned if your going to post on a public forum there will always be those few
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:43 PM

One of the most important things about any taxidermy is - does the person that owns the mount like it. That is really all that matters.

The OP is happy with it. So end of story. In my opinion. smile
Posted By: Boco

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:48 PM

Nothing wrong with that cat head.That is what a cats head looks like when the pic is taken from the top.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:51 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

How do these look fellers.
Whats wrong with the cat on the bottom?

Anyone see it?

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by RM trapper
I was thinking the same thing ky coyote hunter, some people love to put people down. You don't see everyone telling Jbyrd he needs to drop 50# when he post pics of himself with a fish or animal. I've learned if your going to post on a public forum there will always be those few

LOL go ahead say it if I ask you what you think . But you are wrong. 25# would get me where I need to be... LOL LOL LOL LOL
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:55 PM

Pic's never can give justice to animals, and debating it over the net is ridiculous, those two pic's are different animals and the bottom one still looks funny to me.

I've seen an lot of cats here in my state, so I'm quite familiar with how they should be seen, that being said if the OP likes his mount why the jabber about telling him you don't, just pass on by and not comment !

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Nothing wrong with that cat head.That is what a cats head looks like when the pic is taken from the top.

Really both ears spread out like a mule deer's ears. Geez

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/17/19 11:59 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

How do these look fellers.
Whats wrong with the cat on the bottom?

Anyone see it?

One of the eyes is off..... !!!! look at the pupils.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 12:13 AM

The top one might have an eye off too,cant see it in that pic.
Posted By: VH60

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 12:32 AM

Hard to see on the computer but on the bottom pic it looks like the right eye is a domestic cats pupil , slit instead of round . Maybe the top one too , hard to see on my old computer
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 02:15 AM

It's a decent mount but anyone that's been around them can pick out the irregularities.
The vast majority of people who see it will say that's cool.
Personally, I'd be disappointed.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 02:18 AM

Well thanks everyone
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 02:39 AM

Hey Clint,
That mount looks way better than most that I have seen. Cats are hard to do. There are some competition taxidermists who can do then that look like they are breathing. Maybe the ole big mouth critic has $10,000 to spend on that kind of job. I doubt it. All he seems to have is a mean spirit, and I would bet money his "Grandpa" would have slapped the taste out of his mouth for being so rude.
I have a deer head which was mounted in the '40's that my Grandpa killed and I would fight until every man, women, child, pet, and livestock within the county was bloodied, if that jackwad ever slighted the appearance of it to my face.``
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 03:46 PM

After thinking it over I can understand how someone could be happy with a mount that is less than perfect. I have an antelope that I took in Wyoming when I was 14. We brought it back and had a local guy do it. Later on, after I had gotten it back one of the guys that had went on the trip out west saw and totally slammed it. Pointed out every little flaw and told me how terrible it was. I just laughed it off because I didn't think it was that bad. Especially since it didn't cost me an arm and leg to have mounted. After 30 years I'm still happy with the mount.

On the other hand I have a red fox that stays in a storage room in the back of my fur shed because I get ticked every time I see it. Looks absolutely awful and I don't need anyone to tell me because it's just so obvious. That experience has made me not want to get anything mounted ever again. I get a nice deer it's going to be a skull mount. Once in a lifetime furbearer, will be tanned to hang on the wall.

So to the op, congrats on your cat and I'm glad you are happy with your mount but I'm not going to tell you it's a great job. Like Nancy says, if you are happy with it that's what counts.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler
After thinking it over I can understand how someone could be happy with a mount that is less than perfect. I have an antelope that I took in Wyoming when I was 14. We brought it back and had a local guy do it. Later on, after I had gotten it back one of the guys that had went on the trip out west saw and totally slammed it. Pointed out every little flaw and told me how terrible it was. I just laughed it off because I didn't think it was that bad. Especially since it didn't cost me an arm and leg to have mounted. After 30 years I'm still happy with the mount.

On the other hand I have a red fox that stays in a storage room in the back of my fur shed because I get ticked every time I see it. Looks absolutely awful and I don't need anyone to tell me because it's just so obvious. That experience has made me not want to get anything mounted ever again. I get a nice deer it's going to be a skull mount. Once in a lifetime furbearer, will be tanned to hang on the wall.

So to the op, congrats on your cat and I'm glad you are happy with your mount but I'm not going to tell you it's a great job. Like Nancy says, if you are happy with it that's what counts.

Thank you Turkey wrangler all I wanted to point out to begin with
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 06:18 PM

Clints mount is fine. If you want to pick something apart, there's always something to find. That eye in the mount above is a good example. Would have never noticed until someone pointed it out. Then you can't see the good stuff that was done all around it.

FWIW, I save pictures of bad taxidermy, kind of a sick hobby. None of the cats shown on this thread would make it into my "bad taxi" folder.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 09:15 PM

Its a stuffed animal ffs.It's dead-no its not going to look like a live animal.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 09:42 PM

Hey guys it’s fine. I got thick skin . I just thought I would share the picture. I was not asking
anyone to lie to me and tell me they liked it. I never said it was an excellent mount. I said I was tickled, and I’m the only one on here that will ever see it. I appreciate honesty and straight talk, but I would never criticize someone else’s stuff, whether it be their mount , car , home , whatever. I would encourage everyone to think before we post.
I’m 47 years old, but what if that were a young kids mount. I know , I know, sometimes the truth hurts. If that is your attitude , that’s your right. I would rather keep my peace than criticize someone unless it was with an honest intent to help.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 09:50 PM

I too wouldn't be happy with that mount. However it's not mine and like wissmiss said, if the OP is happy, that is all that matters.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 09:56 PM

I want to see these critics cat mounts,just to see if they are any better than the OP's.Or maybe they don't even have one,so that probably explains it.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/18/19 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I want to see these critics cat mounts,just to see if they are any better than the OP's.Or maybe they don't even have one,so that probably explains it.

I don't have one, and this is why I don't have one. I have seen some that look great but WAY more that I'd be ashamed to have in my house,,, so tanned hides are all I'll do. I'm not going to risk hundreds of dollars on something I wouldn't even display. You can google bobcat mounts as well as anyone else can and you'll find several great looking mounts and a crapload of them that are not. Besides, since when have you ever been Mr. Sensitive?
Posted By: bic

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/19/19 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
[quote=Boco] . Besides, since when have you ever been Mr. Sensitive?

This town isn't big enough for 2 of us! smile And I agree, Bobcat mounts are tricky. For every nice one I see, there are 10 others that look horrible.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/19/19 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Hey Clint,
That mount looks way better than most that I have seen. Cats are hard to do. There are some competition taxidermists who can do then that look like they are breathing. Maybe the ole big mouth critic has $10,000 to spend on that kind of job. I doubt it. All he seems to have is a mean spirit, and I would bet money his "Grandpa" would have slapped the taste out of his mouth for being so rude.
I have a deer head which was mounted in the '40's that my Grandpa killed and I would fight until every man, women, child, pet, and livestock within the county was bloodied, if that jackwad ever slighted the appearance of it to my face.``

Don't need 10,000 according to posco his guy charges 700 bucks.......

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/19/19 12:34 AM

Hey Ky yote hunter did you get burned on a cat mount in a former life or this one? You got all red a$$ about someone saying they didn't like a cat mount on the bobcat pose post too!!! Must have touched a nerve. People saying a cat head looked odd.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/19/19 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by clintp1971
Hey guys it’s fine. I got thick skin . I just thought I would share the picture. I was not asking
anyone to lie to me and tell me they liked it. I never said it was an excellent mount. I said I was tickled, and I’m the only one on here that will ever see it. I appreciate honesty and straight talk, but I would never criticize someone else’s stuff, whether it be their mount , car , home , whatever. I would encourage everyone to think before we post.
I’m 47 years old, but what if that were a young kids mount. I know , I know, sometimes the truth hurts. If that is your attitude , that’s your right. I would rather keep my peace than criticize someone unless it was with an honest intent to help.

Clint if you read my first post I wasn't criticizing you. But just thought your taxi didn't do a Great job. Yes it is a "good " mount. I pointed out you need to look at POSCO's cat and get his taxi man name and number if you have another one mounted I founf the old post and commented to it so it came back to top. It is the bobcat pose thread..
GEEZ wasn't call the guy ugly........

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/19/19 02:47 AM

Clint if you read my first post I wasn't criticizing you. But just thought your taxi didn't do a Great job. Yes it is a "good " mount. I pointed out you need to look at POSCO's cat and get his taxi man name and number if you have another one mounted I founf the old post and commented to it so it came back to top. It is the bobcat pose thread..
GEEZ wasn't call the guy ugly........

Here's your original post birdie,
"Ok I'll say it one more cat mount that the head looks awful. Your taxidermist made him "china eyed"........ Or was it road kill and the head was flattened?"
Nothing for which to take offense there, eh?
Your astounding lack of tact, ability to try to rationalize anything you post, and just plain poor judgement is disappointing to me. Put down the shovel. Your hole which you are in is deep enough.

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/19/19 04:03 AM

Clint no offense but very few good taxidermist can do a cat. They always mess up the eyes and or face . Love the over all theme but sorry it is off it's off. Message posco next time you want a GREAT cat taxi

Hey carl why didn't you copy and paste this part? You know where I was telling him about how to find a great bobcat taxi man. You know the one where I said I wasn't meaning any offense ?

As for making the hole deeper how so? Is the FBI going to knock down my door? Are the local cops going to arrest me? Where are the people that say this is America and we have a right to our opinion. Freedom of speech and all that stuff.....

Ok now you guys are hurting my feelings and bullying me.. Calling me names and making me sad.. I feel like I may have to talk to some liberals to calm me down...

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/19/19 04:05 PM

Hey carl why didn't you copy and paste this part? You know where I was telling him about how to find a great bobcat taxi man. You know the one where I said I wasn't meaning any offense ?

As for making the hole deeper how so? Is the FBI going to knock down my door? Are the local cops going to arrest me? Where are the people that say this is America and we have a right to our opinion. Freedom of speech and all that stuff.....

Ok now you guys are hurting my feelings and bullying me.. Calling me names and making me sad.. I feel like I may have to talk to some liberals to calm me down...

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Let me close by stating that if your Grandpa would have been proud of how you presented yourself in this thread, then i am not very impressed with him either.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Got my bobcat mount back - 03/19/19 04:26 PM

Hey Ky yote hunter did you get burned on a cat mount in a former life or this one? You got all red a$$ about someone saying they didn't like a cat mount on the bobcat pose post too!!! Must have touched a nerve. People saying a cat head looked odd.

Nah, I get burned about Jerks...Neither of the OP's of those threads asked for critiques, but some can't wait to deal out their "straight talk"...It's a matter of disrespect, and not having class.

You know, kind of like complementing a team outside the SEC when they beat you... "Class" Try it sometime.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums