Home

Off topic help

Posted By: Hornz

Off topic help - 03/19/19 04:39 PM

Were headed to Denver next month.
Being from Maine, does anyone know if there is anything I might want to see or do while The Mrs. is skiing?

Thanks
Posted By: white17

Re: Off topic help - 03/19/19 05:12 PM

The biggest thing I would recommend is going to Wyoming instead of Denver
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Off topic help - 03/19/19 06:00 PM

haha, white mite be rite

only thing I can think of is to take 70 west out to Grand Junction just for sites. some beautiful country between Denver and GJ
Posted By: white17

Re: Off topic help - 03/19/19 06:03 PM

If your wife just wants to ski, go to Jackson and ski Snow King or Grand Targhee on the west slope of the Tetons.

The country is much more beautiful than Denver. Denver looks like a billiard table in the sage brush
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: Off topic help - 03/19/19 06:14 PM

Boulder is a 40m drive north, neat downtown. NCAR Mesa Lab is ok, designed by M. Pei. There's some entrances to Rocky Mountain National Park on the way and outside Boulder too.
Air Force Academy 1hr south
Pikes Peak is 1.5hrs south

Re: Off topic help - 03/19/19 06:35 PM

Lol. Interesting replies guys.
Denver it is as her son moved out there last fall. Has ski passes and a place to stay for us.
I"ll take a tour around. Being from Maine it wont take too much to amuse me. haha

Thanks
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Off topic help - 03/19/19 08:20 PM

Estes Park is cool you will see elk and sheep there if your lucky. Denver stinks otherwise with the sulfur smell (air pollution) that hangs in the air I was there 20 years ago maybe they cleaned that up.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Off topic help - 03/19/19 08:22 PM

Coors Brewery tour. In Golden, not Denver, but still close by.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Off topic help - 03/19/19 08:46 PM

Where is she going to be skiing? There's lots of ski areas within 1 hr of Denver.

Re: Off topic help - 03/20/19 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
Where is she going to be skiing? There's lots of ski areas within 1 hr of Denver.

Im not sure. Her son lives out there and has passes for various mountains.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Off topic help - 03/21/19 06:02 AM

Oh cool.
Small ski towns like breckinridge don't have much but have great restaurants. There's tons of jeep rated trails all over. You can rent a trail rated jeep for a day too. Breweries throughout Colorado. Fishing is always an option. MLB game

Re: Off topic help - 03/30/19 04:25 PM

© 2024 Trapperman Forums