Home

Buying Heartworm preventative in Canada.

Posted By: Canvasback2

Buying Heartworm preventative in Canada. - 03/21/19 05:48 PM

Has anyone bought Heartworm preventative medicine , like Heart guard, from online stores in Canada ? Are they the real deal, and what about shipping from Canada to the USA ? From what I read, they don't require a Vet Prescription.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Buying Heartworm preventative in Canada. - 03/21/19 06:00 PM

Unless you have some herding breeds, which have a bad reaction to Ivermectin, i would buy Ivomec, which has an active ingredient of 1% Ivermectin and give your dogs 1/10th of a c per 10 pounds weight. It will only cost you pennies a dose. Just suck up the correct dosage in a syringe, take the needle off and squirt it in your dog's mouth.

Keith
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Buying Heartworm preventative in Canada. - 03/21/19 06:25 PM

Not sure if it's still the case, but it was all but impossible to find ivermectin a while back. Some sort of unexplained shortage.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Buying Heartworm preventative in Canada. - 03/22/19 12:50 AM

Veterinarians got their pointy little heads together, and lobbied to make it illegal to ship certain meds over state lines, Ivermec, and Rabies shots are some. My Beagle club had a kennel supply guy that got us Rabies shots, and 8 in 1 general shot AND the syringe for under $5. It now cost' me over a $100 for the same stuff thru the Vet.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums