Home

Jerky Recipe

Posted By: MB+550trapper

Jerky Recipe - 03/26/19 12:36 AM

I'm am going to make some jerky and i want to try something different from what i usually make. Does anyone have any good recipes they would be willing to share?
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: Jerky Recipe - 03/26/19 01:02 AM

1/2 bottle of bbq sauce
1/8 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 onion sliced
salt and pepper
2 tbl spoons liquid smoke
a little garlic or red pepper if you like
an alternative is add some pineapple juice
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Jerky Recipe - 03/26/19 01:09 AM

I’ve used the stuff sausage maker sells and if I can find grandpas old recipe I’ll post it, used it this winter and you think I can find it.
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Jerky Recipe - 03/26/19 01:23 AM

2/3 cup worstershire sauce
2/3 soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon pepper
3 teaspoon liquid smoke

Marinate approx 24 hours in a ziplock bag. Put bag in a bowl in case of leaks. Turn the bag over a few times and shake it up. Drain and pat dry. Dehydrate about 11-13 hours for my dehydrator at 150 degrees. This recipe can get a little hot depending on the quality of your cayenne. You may want to go a little lighter if you want it milder.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Jerky Recipe - 03/26/19 09:33 AM

I use Nesco/American Harvest ready-made original mix and run ground meat through a jerky shooter. As good as any I've had.
Posted By: Bigbuck

Re: Jerky Recipe - 03/26/19 12:17 PM

Venison Jerky
5 lbs. venison sliced thick 3/8"
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup worcestershire sauce
1 cup of orange juice
1 cup of brown sugar
1 table spoon liquid smoke
1 1/2 table spoon garlic salt
1 table spoon black pepper
1 table spoon of mustard seed
1 table spoon of mustard powder
1 table spoon of onion powder
1 table spoon of garlic powder
1 oz. curing salt (sodium nitrite) a must if you are going to store this for more then 1 week

Stir this 2 times a day letting marinate for 3 days in the refrigerator ( less than 3 day does not marinate deep enough for best results)
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Jerky Recipe - 03/26/19 02:23 PM

8 ounce bottle of soy sauce, 4 ounce bottle of liquid smoke. Mix together well and slosh the meat around in it for a couple minutes, doesn't take very long. Makes amazing jerky without all the added ingredients. Very simple but very good. I have done this with venison, bear, beef. It's really good.

Posted By: Sean D.

Re: Jerky Recipe - 03/26/19 11:10 PM

Bernie, Are you not worried about trichinosis using bear meat? I have always been told bear had to be cooked to a certain temp to kill it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums