Home

Almost bought the farm today!

Posted By: Law Dog

Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 06:22 PM

Coming back from a transport a City Officer gets in a pursuit so I head up the hill out of town full lights going to assist. So a little old lady turns right in front of me I was lucky she kept turning and was clueless I was coming at her sideways after locking the brakes up, I hit the brake a bit and turned the wheel and got the truck straight again. I would of stopped then but the guy was alone and having car trouble so that was a priority plus I might of given her a heart attack so I kept going.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 06:28 PM

Glad your OK.
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 06:51 PM

Man, that's scary. Glad you're ok, Jerry.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 06:58 PM

I'd hate to think of Pepe Le Peu becoming an orphan. Thank god you're OK man!

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 07:08 PM

So many things worked out for the better that loose gravel left from the winter at the intersection made the side slide easier or that could of been ugly. I will look into a DL 25 to have her retested she is a danger to everyone on the road. How you don't see a 4WD full size F150 with flashing lights coming at you is unreal then to not even know what went on after.
Posted By: mudtracker

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 07:16 PM

Was it someone you know? Or did you mean you got the plate #. Did she make a left turn across in front of you pull out to drive in the lane you were in?

I have so many people pull out in front of me and then drive slow. I mean if you aren't in a hurry take the time to look for traffic.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 07:25 PM

It's more fun when they do it in front of a big rig at 65.

I'm not saying road rage is ok, but I understand it.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 08:03 PM

Glad your both ok

Here's a big rig story. Happened some time ago. Speed limit was 55. Cab over international and wedge brakes for you that remember the junky things. Loaded heavy. Detroit 318. Was in Utah. Highway had a sort of get on ramp with a stop sign. I'm coming down a steep hill about 60 or so. Several cars behind that stop sign stopped. All looking at me. So I stay in it. Car in the back passes the other cars to pull out in front of me. I literally stand on the brake pulling myself down with the steering wheel. Missed killing him by inches. Get into town and stop for a coffee. I'm pretty shook up. That old man and a deputy come in calling each other by their first name. I figure I'm getting a ticket. Cop asks what happened and I told him. Not the same story the old man told so cop says there ought to be skid marks. I says yes and we get in his car to go look. He asked me what I wanted him to do. I told him the only way we maybe convince that old man he about died is with a ticket. He had me sign as the complainant. I have often wondered if that guys family took the distributor out of his car or something cause they sure needed to.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Coming back from a transport a City Officer gets in a pursuit so I head up the hill out of town full lights going to assist.

What ? They after somebody cut the tail off a road-killed possum ? laugh

w
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 08:28 PM

Glad you got out of that one OK
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 08:34 PM

Glad you're ok man! That was a close call.

I tried buying the farm today also but couldn't get interest rate I wanted. wink

ol'dad

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Coming back from a transport a City Officer gets in a pursuit so I head up the hill out of town full lights going to assist.

What ? They after somebody cut the tail off a road-killed possum ? laugh

w

Slow learner it looks like, keep it up!
Posted By: Tinknocker1`

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 09:53 PM

and I just read your clean bill of health report before this superman ! smile

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tinknocker1`
and I just read your clean bill of health report before this superman ! smile

Would suck to die healthy but even worse to be taken out by a 90 year old lady would frost that cake! wink
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 10:16 PM

I am glad you were unable to secure financing for said farm!

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
I am glad you were unable to secure financing for said farm!

Me too! LOL
Posted By: goldnut

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 10:37 PM

Glad you are OK.
Little old lady pulled right out in front of me one day, She was so worried about the guy coming from her left that she forgot to look right! I kinda thought she was going to pull out so I was a bit prepared but I still dont know how I didnt rear end her. She realized what she did, she must have heard my squealing tires on the pavement, she turned around and came back and apologized to me. I thought about it later and should have told her she owed me some CC cookies!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 10:59 PM

There is something to be said about going to work by boat as a rule ..... a very limited number of old ladies pul out in front of me on my commute laugh
Posted By: adam m

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 11:07 PM

Glad you're ok. How did the pursuit end?
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 11:09 PM

Glad you are OK. We got a local woman that has done that twice that I know of causing accident, hate to guess how many folks she has pulled in front of that didn't wreck. Some of the older people just need to call a ride.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 11:17 PM

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry! Sure glad the payment wasn't due yet for that farm! Take your time paying for it! grin

Short story! Was welding on a gas line with the street all tore up and blocked off to two lanes. I'm about in the middle of the street down in the hole welding away, and a big dong on the pipe and it's jumping up and down. I think, WTH happened! Stand up and an old man drove up on the sidwalk to get around the barricades and nosed the car right into the ditch. Bumper is dead on my gas pipe, car sticking out at a steep angle, and he gets out and says, "but I gotta get to the post office"! Goofy ol booger!

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
Glad you're ok. How did the pursuit end?

The Officer I was trying to help was having trouble getting past 80MPH the idiot he was chasing was doing over 100MPH (in the country) but then went on gravel so that slowed him down. I tried to get ahead on the hardtop but the guy was lucky and turned away as I got closer to where he was heading to. Another Deputy tried spikes but missed the HP Patrol guys are not keen on pursuits so they move slow (Politics) At one point the guy pitches a German Shepard puppy out the window and keeps going (makes you want to give him a neck hug) mad He ends up in the next town over so they back off so they don't push him through town" he school was locked down so they were inside'" Once they got through town they lost him. We knew who it was by then so they called it off he will show up.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/28/19 11:47 PM

That’s a “whoa” moment.
Posted By: houndone

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 12:06 AM

Illinois state police officer got killed today on highway 20 by Freeport. she had a semi pulled over and another semi hit her. apparently not getting over into the left lane. 15th officer killed this year by vehicles not getting over. sad day don't know all of the details but was a female officer.
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 12:16 AM

After reading this I am buying my local departments cupcakes tomorrow AM, glad you made it through OK, I would miss your posts.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 12:16 AM

Wow! You would have missed the $10:00 skunk bounty on April 1st! cool

Glad you both were unscathed!

Chris
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 12:33 AM

wonder why he tossed a dog out the window?

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 01:53 AM

You never know Danny maybe hoping that the dog would be more important then himself (Decoy)? Maybe just being a dirt bag it's hard to say we did go back and located the dog he came through it well. Will ask him when we catch up to him and see what he has to say then.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

He was goin Dog gone fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 01:56 AM

The dog wanted to turn himself in and jumped. grin
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

Me too, but THAT will put him in jail! Prolly just slap his hand for the rest of it!

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 01:58 AM

We should train the dog to attack incase they meet again down the road! wink
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 02:53 AM

Sounds like a nascar nail biter moment

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 03:00 AM

Might of been a suicide last run for the guy trying to get himself shot maybe been rammed once that was no fun either!

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 03:19 AM

Dang that's nuts. What's the charge for animal cruelty there? Here it's a felony

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 04:13 AM

Eluding, reckless driving, animal cruelty for starters the really stupid part was he ran for no reason unless he was holding it's the only thing that makes any sense of it all but who knows now.

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 04:29 AM

Makes you wonder for sure. Hopefully he doesn't get away with a slap
Posted By: SwampFox

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 06:57 AM

Glad you are safe and sound Law Dog. I know when I have experienced "close calls" that two things end up happening: 1) it gives me a deeper appreciation for being alive (thinking about what is really important...my relationship with Jesus and people. 2) I end up saying thank you Jesus. OUT LOUD!

God bless and happy trails. Swampfox
Posted By: Twogunwilly

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 10:43 AM

Sounds like he could use a nice ironwood club upside his head.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 10:49 AM

glad your ok cuz smile
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 12:32 PM

Glad your ok
I had more than my share of knuckle heads driving around me over the years.. Bad enough when they don't move over for lights and siren, worse when they squirrel can't decide which way to go.. Used to hate the ones would pull in behind me in traffic. Then follow so close couldn't see them in either mirror..but hey they got ahead of all the fools pulled over for me. Even had couple times with people coming at me wrong way on one way street.. What are the odds of turning on to a street lights and siren then have car coming right at you.. Nice

Mac
Posted By: snowy

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 01:14 PM

Glad all turned out well. Daisy wasn't with you was she???? LOL She's from your neck of the woods if I remember right. Lol

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by snowy
Glad all turned out well. Daisy wasn't with you was she???? LOL She's from your neck of the woods if I remember right. Lol

Abby was at home at the time! LOL
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Almost bought the farm today! - 03/29/19 11:58 PM

Put some air bags in that T-50!! Lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums