Drumming fur Video

Posted By: gibb

Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 01:38 AM

Posted By: Trippin Traps

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 02:07 AM

Another great video thanks for posting
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 02:15 AM

Nice Springer Spaniel! We have a couple as well!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 03:25 AM

Thank you for sharing.

Bryce

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Nice Springer Spaniel! We have a couple as well!

Have had a Springer for most of my adult life, been a good breed of dog for me. Oscar is our 7th one.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 04:18 AM

I seen one of my marten on the string.
Posted By: John Sullivan

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 05:00 AM

Springers are great dogs. I have had three. Wont be without one.

Oh yeah the drumming is cool too.
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 10:01 AM

Gibb,
Thank you very much for making and sharing that. Very helpful to understand the steps our fir goes through.

Will there be a sizing and grading video coming too?

I enjoy your trapping vlogs on YT so keep them coming!

Dave
Posted By: DROCK

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 10:08 AM

Very nice video.

A video on grading would be great!

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alex the dog
Gibb,
Thank you very much for making and sharing that. Very helpful to understand the steps our fir goes through.

Will there be a sizing and grading video coming too?

I enjoy your trapping vlogs on YT so keep them coming!

Dave

This YouTube video/vlogging is all new to me, took me about 8hrs to film, edit, publish and upload this latest video. Since I started I have already upgraded my GoPro, bought a bigger computer, and still need a couple more pieces of equipment to do a better job.
So to answer your question I hope to in time.
Jim
Posted By: Brian Sprague

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 04:42 PM

Thanks for sharing.Really shows how much work goes into there end . Do FHA and GFW do the same you think ?Do you think all three sell to the same end users or does each fur company have there own buyers so to speak ?

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/30/19 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Sprague
Thanks for sharing.Really shows how much work goes into there end . Do FHA and GFW do the same you think ?Do you think all three sell to the same end users or does each fur company have there own buyers so to speak ?

It's a small world when it comes to buyers.
That being said NAFA does a lot of promotional work in the world that benefit the whole wild fur industry.
For example https://portal.nafa.ca/webcenter/portal/Auction/pages_newsdetail/?contentid=NAFA_014623
Posted By: Creek

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/31/19 01:48 PM

Really enjoyed the video. Do you have one on grading fur?

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/31/19 01:49 PM

Question if I was to do a sizing/grading video what species what trappers like to see first?
Jim
Posted By: Saskayote

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/31/19 02:03 PM

Coyotes!
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/31/19 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Saskayote
Coyotes!

And start it out with sectioning please. Sizing/grading makes sense but most confusion comes with sectioning. That goes for other species as well.
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/31/19 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by gibb
Question if I was to do a sizing/grading video what species what trappers like to see first?
Jim

If you are taking requests....The fur out species first

Drumming Fur Video: I know it probably doesnt matter, but after drumming, I hope my coyotes end up on top of a chest high pile instead of the bottom...lol
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/31/19 04:58 PM

Thanks for the video. Good stuff!
Posted By: Coyote Clayton

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/31/19 05:05 PM

Really liked this. Boy's learned some too.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/31/19 05:17 PM

After yotes then lynxcats(bobcats) . Thanks for the education. Keep up the good work.

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/31/19 11:27 PM

Have already started collecting the footage for one on how to ship fur. Especially for new shippers. Detailing how to pack your fur and including castor shipments.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Drumming fur Video - 03/31/19 11:40 PM

Have already started collecting the footage for one on how to ship fur. Especially for new shippers. Detailing how to pack your fur and including castor shipments.

Great!
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: Drumming fur Video - 04/01/19 01:28 AM

Gibb, I have a question for you. Why has nafa decided to do the drumming in Stoughton this year then ship to Toronto? Why is our fur not being drummed in Toronto so it looks it's best before they are graded? I really hate the thought of my fur being on the bottom of the pile in the truck on the ride north. Please advise.
Posted By: mud

Re: Drumming fur Video - 04/01/19 01:45 AM

Jim

Reds for me!
Posted By: bwhntr100

Re: Drumming fur Video - 04/01/19 12:43 PM

Coon would be a popular choice due to the volume of coon trappers around the country

Re: Drumming fur Video - 04/01/19 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by rpmartin
Gibb, I have a question for you. Why has nafa decided to do the drumming in Stoughton this year then ship to Toronto? Why is our fur not being drummed in Toronto so it looks it's best before they are graded? I really hate the thought of my fur being on the bottom of the pile in the truck on the ride north. Please advise.

A couple of things to keep in mind, drumming cleans the fur so where they drum is not as important as that they drum, next when they ship them it is in large boxes and not fur bags roughly 100 per box. The flattening effect is not like you would have in fur bags driving along on a pickup route. The boxes go on pallets, into a transport truck.

Re: Drumming fur Video - 04/04/19 12:56 PM

Was able to get a little footage yesterday of sizing beaver & muskrats will try and get it up this weekend.
Posted By: Cindy

Re: Drumming fur Video - 04/05/19 03:56 AM

Great video Gibb , thought I sent a lot of fur that direction. That building makes everything look less. Lots of education for the unknowing!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums