Home

Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales

Posted By: DezertTrapper

Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 05:54 AM

At this link there is a link to vote on whether fur should be sold.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/03/28/furriers-protest-proposed-fur-sale-ban
Posted By: Finster

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 09:12 AM

Save the racoon and kill babies in the womb...…. The people in that city have some serious mental issues.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 10:27 AM

No way I ever buy any kind of license in a state that restricts trapping so heavily. CA. AZ. CO. I wont even fish. I am contemptuous of people who make their living solving wildlife/human confrontation problems in those states. What kind of man would run a lion for the state of CA. when its illegal to do so unless the state is hunting a man/woman/child killer? What kind of trapper will work for the city to trap coyotes out of Griffith park because to many pets are disappearing? Heck why trap moles out of a golf course for them. When a bear is in Boulder raiding trash cans who cares if somebody gets killed? They ended bait and hounds, spring season, unlimited tags. They voted for it so let them live with it.
Posted By: Twogunwilly

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 10:30 AM

Pffft.. figures it's from NYC, the cesspool of NY. I can't wait for their rabid coon army to clear the streets, going to be good tv. These wingnuts don't represent the whole state, sadly we can't out vote them 'cause northern folks are to busy to vote. mad
Posted By: bo.brinson

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 10:37 AM

Could you imagine if coons grew to be 150-175 lbs! We couldn't cohabitate! They'd eat us!
Posted By: HondaXR250

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 10:44 AM

Voted.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: k snow

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 10:46 AM

Voted.

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 10:49 AM

You have bears in NC. They can and do kill humans. You also have hunting regulations that keep their numbers in check and keep them afraid of humans.

IMO the proper strategy for those furriers is not a protest that will accomplish nothing, but join with the fur protesters to get leather banned too. If fur is immoral surely leather is as well.

When my oldest daughter was just started walking we heated with wood. We would tell her hot and pull her away from the stove. In spite of our best efforts she touched it one day. After that she knew what hot was and would walk way around it point and say hot. Let those idiots find out what hot is.

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 10:58 AM

The fur protesters will go after leather once fur is banned. They want all animal products banned, including pets and livestock. Helping them protest fur just speeds up the process to their end goal.

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 11:06 AM

Yep k snow exactly. Let em have what they want. Its the only way they are ever going to find out just how ridiculous their ideas are. Took less than a century for communism to collapse in Russia and China. They are still totalitarian but that will change too.

Progressives, liberals, animal right activists are nothing more than children in adult bodies. No more concept of how the world we live in works than a 3 year old has of why they cant find the little people in the tv set.
Posted By: DavidInMT

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 01:02 PM

That's not a "one and done" voting system they have set up. That allows multiple votes by the same person, right now. Consider that, as you are clicking no, no, no....
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 01:25 PM

Finster has it right. These people must have their head up where the sun doesn't shine .NYC certainly is the cesspool of the state and they look condescendingly at upstaters.
Posted By: bacatrapper

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
No way I ever buy any kind of license in a state that restricts trapping so heavily. CA. AZ. CO. I wont even fish. I am contemptuous of people who make their living solving wildlife/human confrontation problems in those states. What kind of man would run a lion for the state of CA. when its illegal to do so unless the state is hunting a man/woman/child killer? What kind of trapper will work for the city to trap coyotes out of Griffith park because to many pets are disappearing? Heck why trap moles out of a golf course for them. When a bear is in Boulder raiding trash cans who cares if somebody gets killed? They ended bait and hounds, spring season, unlimited tags. They voted for it so let them live with it.

I could not agree more..........
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 02:32 PM

Voted
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 03:16 PM

voted and yes its not a one and done vote wonder who that favors
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 03:17 PM

This is the most corrupt state in the country. We are run by king Cuomo and his followers. Whatever him and NYC wants they get. Those of us upstate are left behind

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
voted and yes its not a one and done vote wonder who that favors

Vote early, vote often. Might as well use their tactics against them.

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 07:21 PM

Wow-there is definitely a place for nuisance wildlife trappers in CA-and elsewhere. I know you dislike me Danny, and you never fail to take a cheap shot when given the chance-it’s the reason I don’t come here often anymore. I’m a NTA member like many here. I support ALL things trapping, I’m not so petty that I “split hairs” with people based on their chosen professions, their hobbies, or where they live where trapping is concerned. Too bad the same courtesy can’t be shown to those of us-like me-who perform a valuable service to homeowners and businesses being impacted by serious wildlife issues. Many of those people didn’t vote for crappy laws-those votes come from two heavily populated areas of the state, and the rest of us are stuck living with those crappy laws. I’d love to trap outside of work-and have at my disposal all of the tools in my toolbox that you can use every day-but I can’t, and I don’t. I think that actually makes me a better trapper because I constantly have to think outside of the box to accomplish what others take for granted, So hey, fee free to use me as your punching bag when I show up here if it makes you feel superior, I won’t see it again because I’m going to do something so don’t often do-put you on ignore and let you talk to yourself. And FYI-a cougar that has harmed pets, livestock or a human being isn’t run off-that’s a dead cougar. Period.

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sawmill Creek
This is the most corrupt state in the country. We are run by king Cuomo and his followers. Whatever him and NYC wants they get. Those of us upstate are left behind

And we've been stuck with "Uncle Jerry" and his band of blind followers. Not fun, is it.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 08:41 PM

When it comes to trapping in AZ,CA,andCO why can't you declare sanctuary counties. Talk about using their own tactics against them.
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by HondaXR250
Voted.

[Linked Image]

I just voted and got this same exact result page. I call BS am I supposed to believe that ten hours latter the vote is exactly the same?
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by DezertTrapper
Wow-there is definitely a place for nuisance wildlife trappers in CA-and elsewhere. I know you dislike me Danny, and you never fail to take a cheap shot when given the chance-it’s the reason I don’t come here often anymore. I’m a NTA member like many here. I support ALL things trapping, I’m not so petty that I “split hairs” with people based on their chosen professions, their hobbies, or where they live where trapping is concerned. Too bad the same courtesy can’t be shown to those of us-like me-who perform a valuable service to homeowners and businesses being impacted by serious wildlife issues. Many of those people didn’t vote for crappy laws-those votes come from two heavily populated areas of the state, and the rest of us are stuck living with those crappy laws. I’d love to trap outside of work-and have at my disposal all of the tools in my toolbox that you can use every day-but I can’t, and I don’t. I think that actually makes me a better trapper because I constantly have to think outside of the box to accomplish what others take for granted, So hey, fee free to use me as your punching bag when I show up here if it makes you feel superior, I won’t see it again because I’m going to do something so don’t often do-put you on ignore and let you talk to yourself. And FYI-a cougar that has harmed pets, livestock or a human being isn’t run off-that’s a dead cougar. Period.

Just ignore Danny. We do . Lol
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 10:26 PM

Voted
Posted By: HondaXR250

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dana I
Voted.

[Linked Image]

I just voted and got this same exact result page. I call BS am I supposed to believe that ten hours latter the vote is exactly the same?

Thats messed up right there. Too bad voting means nothing. The person or group that pays the right people the most money, wins. Look at any type of government position thats voted for. All a scam.
Posted By: taser

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 10:41 PM

I voted no but the circle thingy keeps going round and round...……...does that mean it is trying to register my vote?? Been about 10 minutes now confused

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 11:02 PM

Voted.

[Linked Image]

Its down to 50.13% right now, the antis must be hitting it hard.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 11:05 PM

Voted
Posted By: rick brocious

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/02/19 11:11 PM

Voted and it was 50.14 and when I looked later it was 50.13
Posted By: Jeremiah Wood

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/03/19 12:28 AM

Just voted it was even 50 50
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Furriers Protest Against Proposed Fur Ban Sales - 04/03/19 12:45 AM

Voted. 50-50 still