Home

Drop Dead

Posted By: Chamacat

Drop Dead - 04/02/19 08:14 PM

Yep..So today I'm getting errands done so I can get gone hunting again..I am walking into a building with a glass door..As I open the door I notice a older gentlemen walking towards the door..I hold the door open for him and he says "Thank You"..He makes maybe one or two more steps and drops flat on the floor..Another person see's what happen and starts chest pumps and checking pulse..Another person makes an emergency call..I take over on chest pumps..The elderly man was gone..I think he was gone when he hit the floor...
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Drop Dead - 04/02/19 08:17 PM

At least you tried.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Drop Dead - 04/02/19 08:20 PM

I had to do that once. A very scary day and the old man I tried to help didn't make it either. We brought him back 3 times before the ambulance got there but he didn't make it. You'll probably be thinking of it for a long time. I did. Try not to let it bring you down to much. We did the best we could, I'm sure.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Drop Dead - 04/02/19 08:23 PM

I'm glad you and others rushed into action. Those are some strong last words for someone to say.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Drop Dead - 04/02/19 08:26 PM

I was on a job at someone's home where a guy collapsed like that. We took turns doing chest compression until the ambulance got there and he lived and is living today after a bout 5 years. We never breathed the whole 14 minutes it took for the ambulance to get there but somehow he started very shallowly breathing as soon as they put him in to drive off. Never give up- Larry
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Drop Dead - 04/02/19 08:55 PM

God rest his soul! His last vision was an act of kindness and that says a lot!

Chris
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Drop Dead - 04/02/19 08:58 PM

Good to know there are still good people out there willing to help their fellow man. Only hope I go like that.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Drop Dead - 04/02/19 09:03 PM

was at a bar on a hot sunday afternoon just having a cold beer... guy next to me fell off bar stool ... i thought he was dead he turned terrible colors ... some guys did cpr... seemed like forever for paramedics to get there ... they took over... they worked on him long time shoked him 3 times including some injections... finally they got him breathing and in the ambulance. i sure have admiration for all them guys that didnt give up...i had writted him off for dead.
Posted By: IdahoRoger

Re: Drop Dead - 04/02/19 10:37 PM

Sounds like the way my Dad died. He went turkey hunting one morning and didn't come home. He died with a shotgun in his arms lying face down.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 12:00 AM

Not such a bad way to go - appreciating an act of kindness from a stranger - you. My thought is that you should feel good about making his passing a happy moment and cherish the act to your dying day.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 12:18 AM

Lucky fella.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 12:42 AM

Do you think he’d still be alive if you didn’t hold the door open for him and he opened it himself?

Sometimes I think about stuff like that.

I mean no harm by the way.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Lucky fella.

You ain’t kidding......that’s a great way to cash out...verses all the other ones I’ve seen . With my luck the OP would save my life....and someone would have to feed me with a spoon for the rest of my life..
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by EdP
Not such a bad way to go - appreciating an act of kindness from a stranger - you. My thought is that you should feel good about making his passing a happy moment and cherish the act to your dying day.

X2

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Do you think he’d still be alive if you didn’t hold the door open for him and he opened it himself?

Sometimes I think about stuff like that.

I mean no harm by the way.

No..He would have just been short those two or three of his last steps..When he dropped he dropped

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 01:19 AM

Lucky fella.

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Lucky fella.

You ain’t kidding......that’s a great way to cash out...verses all the other ones I’ve seen . With my luck the OP would save my life....and someone would have to feed me with a spoon for the rest of my life..

I never saw it that way today..I think you could be right about that though..

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 01:27 AM

Yep..I been thinking if today was my last day what would I be doing..I know tomorrow I'm making it the greatest day of my life..and all the rest of my days..
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cathouse Jim
Originally Posted by EdP

X2

Exactly...good on you for your efforts. I'd want the same for a loved one.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 01:38 AM

I think i need to take a life saving course
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 01:42 AM

excellent an act of kindness and willingness to jump in says more about you than anything
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 01:46 AM

I guess when you mission is over you go right away
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 02:55 AM

CCR cardio compression resuscitation , is the new thing all compression's no breathing , your moving enough air just by compressing and releasing.

CPR cardio pulmonary resuscitation involved the breathing you added air but basically gave up the prime you had on the pump every 10 compression to stop and breath.

they also tell us now we should only breath for people we are very close with or if we have a mask.

Ideally you have an AED automated electronic defibrillator close by and a Bag Valve Mask and know how to use them.

if your not familiar with CPR CCR AED it is good to find a training.
they offer the training where I work from time to time , this made me think to ask when our next training is I think my certification is up this year.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Drop Dead - 04/03/19 10:12 AM

Good for you sometimes despite best efforts people just aren't meant to be on this world anymore. I've seen a pretty fair number of people die, but I've also seen some that should have been dead come back to life due to quick actions. Some are still walking today that were gone what felt like minutes... No one really knows how they'll respond until they're faced with the predicament. I've seen some pretty seasoned people's knees go limp when the time arises. Children are the worst. I hope when it's up I can only go that quickly. Sounds like a pretty painless endeavor.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Drop Dead - 04/04/19 03:29 AM

I am required to take CPR training every year. I always ask the instructor (who does CPR for a living, not just the training) what percentage of unconscious heart attack victims actually are saved if given CPR. The percentage is depressing, however they all said that none of them are revived if nothing is done.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Drop Dead - 04/04/19 03:34 AM

Nothing wrong with that way of going out after seeing my in-laws in the nursing home wither away I want to go out like a lightbulb myself~

Godspeed to the man~
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Drop Dead - 04/04/19 04:17 AM

I Know, it's just weird, here one minute then gone forever

Re: Drop Dead - 04/04/19 11:41 AM

Yep..And at that point nothing on this planet matters anymore..NOTHING...Which kinda makes me wonder what does anything matter anyway..
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Drop Dead - 04/04/19 01:14 PM

Wow, talk about "your time to go"

Re: Drop Dead - 04/04/19 01:19 PM

Yep..I'm doing fantastic..Let's not jump off the deep end..LOL
Posted By: adam m

Re: Drop Dead - 04/04/19 02:04 PM

I was thinking about this post last night and remembered I had an uncle who before bed, went in the kitchen to get his coffee ready for the morning and he dropped.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums