Home

Knives by Gulo

Posted By: mole

Knives by Gulo - 04/02/19 09:04 PM

These knives Gulo made for me work rather well. The beaver knife is sharp all the way around and works better than I expected.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/02/19 09:09 PM

Nice looking!
Posted By: wheelers

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/02/19 09:54 PM

Very nice
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/02/19 10:13 PM

Cutting edge technology! They look very nice too!

Chris
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/02/19 10:31 PM

They are wonderful !

For a variety of uses , for me ...and pretty displays on the desk !
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/02/19 10:54 PM

I got 2 of the 3, i dont have the beaver skinner.. got mine at the f.b.u. banquet. Very happy with them. Thank you gulo, for the quality and for the benefit of keeping trapping alive.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/02/19 11:07 PM

I bought 4, 2 two to use and two to save as collectors. I was very happy with mine.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/02/19 11:11 PM

He does excellent work.

WS
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/02/19 11:21 PM

I got a set a few months ago . They are to nice to use. So if you just like to look at knives you better get more than one set
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/03/19 02:57 AM

I like mine also
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/03/19 02:59 AM

I like mine also!

Attached picture image.png
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/03/19 09:21 AM

They look great for their obvious intended uses. Also that pelted would make a great letter opener. Currently for a letter opener I use a custom fillet knife made by Todd at Skyblade knives.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Knives by Gulo - 04/03/19 01:41 PM

Always real nice to hear good things about the knives. I wasn't sure that the beaver design was going to work, but feedback from Mole (and others), and my own use of the beaver knife on a few beavers has me thinking otherwise. Thanks to Mole for kind of pushing me in that direction. Again, many thanks, guys and gals.

Jack
Posted By: run

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/18/19 02:44 PM

Ttt.

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/20/19 01:23 AM

Hopefully, someone at Minktoberfest will be enjoying their new knife. Thanks again, guys, for the feedback.

Jack
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/20/19 09:56 PM

I got a set of 3 (pelter, skinner, beaver) earlier this year. Anxious to try them on some fur this season. I really like them. Very nice.

Also, Gulo donated two (pelter and a skinner) that were auctioned at the Friday Night BBQ at the NTA in Springfield. Don't know who got them, but they both got a nice knife. Thanks again Gulo!
Posted By: Minker

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/21/19 04:38 PM

I'll be looking for them at Minktoberfest .

Gulo , are you coming to it ?

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 01:39 PM

Thanks for all the kind words about the knives. I much appreciate it.

Minker, in one of my former lives, I spent a couple of years researching mink and doing a lot of scientific writing on the species. I still really enjoy trapping them. I'm certain the Minktoberfest would be extremely enjoyable and know I'd learn a lot, but that's getting too close to my trapping season for a drive that far. I won't be making it back there, I'm afraid, at least not this year. Enjoy it for me, huh?

Jack
Posted By: Rick Otts

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 01:48 PM

Very nice looking knifes.
Posted By: white17

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gulo
Thanks for all the kind words about the knives. I much appreciate it.

Minker, in one of my former lives, I spent a couple of years researching mink and doing a lot of scientific writing on the species. I still really enjoy trapping them. I'm certain the Minktoberfest would be extremely enjoyable and know I'd learn a lot, but that's getting too close to my trapping season for a drive that far. I won't be making it back there, I'm afraid, at least not this year. Enjoy it for me, huh?

Jack

Jack is being very modest again here.

Some of you may be familiar with the book Wild Furbearer Management in North America. It is known as The Bible in wildlife management circles. I'll give you one guess who wrote the chapter on mink !!!
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 05:10 PM

My guess would be Jack Whitman as he is pretty dang sharp on many animals from what I have read.

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 05:13 PM

BINGO !

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 05:31 PM

grin Yes, folks like Jack really can use us to do a bit of appreciative acknowledgement in his behalf.

He sure deserves it with his decades of tireless study and fearless reporting of the facts he discovers.

Keep on writing those journals , uncensored , Jack ! They simply HAVE to have your unique garnish in humor and perspectives to make the words come alive wink

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 06:10 PM

Sharon, I agree 100% with you. Jacks knives have been the hit at the three fundraising auctions I have attended. Every state should have a set in their next fundraiser auction.
I wonder if he could make a knife just for skinning "Grinners", I know a guy in Missouri that wouldn't be able to pass one up.

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 06:32 PM

Jim, Im certain any knife Jack would craft would be a hit ! Or anything else he makes, for that matter. A man of many talents .

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 06:34 PM

Even if it was a jack knife !!

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 06:48 PM

grin

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/22/19 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by white17
BINGO !

Does that mean I won a prize? laugh
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/23/19 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cathouse Jim
Sharon, I agree 100% with you. Jacks knives have been the hit at the three fundraising auctions I have attended. Every state should have a set in their next fundraiser auction.
I wonder if he could make a knife just for skinning "Grinners", I know a guy in Missouri that wouldn't be able to pass one up.

[Linked Image]
I'm thinking one of these might work on a grinner.
laugh
They're nice!
Posted By: Savell

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/23/19 01:24 AM

....Mr Gulo... how many horn toads would you need in order to make me a great big ole Bowie knife with a wolf hide sheath to put it in ?
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/23/19 02:44 AM

[Linked Image]

Hey Savell...here’s my dress Bowie...elk horn....trade yah some catfish for it...

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/23/19 02:50 AM

You wear that thing with a dress Nessy ?
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/23/19 02:53 AM

Yup....been experimenting

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/23/19 03:09 AM

Good for you > We were wondering when you be upfront about things !
Posted By: Minker

Re: Knives by Gulo - 07/24/19 10:16 AM

Wilbur , you'd walk lopsided & talk even funnier if you was packin a bowie knife !
Posted By: run

Re: Knives by Gulo - 10/17/19 04:57 PM

We need a good knife thread, today. To the top, my friends.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums