Home

How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial

Posted By: Finster

How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/03/19 01:52 PM

The idiot is lucky he didn't get arrested:: I would have hauled him in. The ending is epic by the way.
Baltimore, MD — Bodycam video showed Civilian Oversight Task Force Chair Marvin McKenstry refused at least 60 requests to provide his driver’s license to police on the afternoon of April 13, resulting in the receipt of a hefty stack of tickets.

Posted By: KeithC

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/03/19 04:48 PM

How fair do you think that idiot treated the police officers he was given oversight of?

Keith

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/03/19 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
How fair do you think that idiot treated the police officers he was given oversight of?

Keith

I doubt that's how it works there. Usually they investigate complaints against officers. It didn't take him long to try calling someone to "fix it" though.
Posted By: keets

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/03/19 11:59 PM

my guess ..it didn't cost him a dime
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 12:46 AM

Posted By: Diggerman

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 02:05 AM

That's one Barney fife, arrogant Richard. Treating a tax payer like that is arsinine.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 02:54 AM

He will go Scott Free.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 03:55 AM

That is what I deal with almost every day.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:57 AM

No roadside debate over here, failure to submit is an arrestable offense. Figure it all out in booking. smile

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mark K
That is what I deal with almost every day.

Have you tried stopping white people?
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:10 AM

Because white folk never give the cops any trouble and black folk do every time, right Hobbie?

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Because white folk never give the cops any trouble and black folk do every time, right Hobbie?

You obviously haven't heard, the police don't stop white folks.

That's what the video was all about.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:24 AM

Sorry, I missed the sarcasm in your post.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:30 AM

So you think it is alright to stomp all over a mans rights, be a rude Richard head and possibly arrest a man for dropping off a rider? Protect and serve, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman).

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:39 AM

He was waiting to pick someone up not drop off. Dropping off would not have been a problem. Waiting in the middle of a city street is.

And

Apparently it is a citation worthy offense.

And

Yes, I believe it is okay for a person to perform the job he is paid to do.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:42 AM

So law enforcement can demand our papers from us as they please?

Always exercise your rights.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River
So law enforcement can demand our papers from us as they please?
O
Always exercise your rights.

Why bother to get a license then?

You do realize that the process has you signing away certain "rights" just by obtaining it?

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 12:15 PM

That cop obviously let his emotions run the stop. If you can not interact better with your employers than that maybe you ought to rethink your career choice.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
That cop obviously let his emotions run the stop. If you can not interact better with your employers than that maybe you ought to rethink your career choice.

You know the guy is from Maryland?

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 12:28 PM

When you allow motorists or the individuals you are dealing with from calls from service dictate how things are going to go, you've already lost control. If you have pc to implement a ch and section to the offense, you do it and use discretion when possible. Debates should take place at the courts, not roadside. jmo and how I do things.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by TDHP
When you allow motorists or the individuals you are dealing with from calls from service dictate how things are going to go, you've already lost control. If you have pc to implement a ch and section to the offense, you do it and use discretion when possible. Debates should take place at the courts, not roadside. jmo and how I do things.

As a motorist, agreed.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 12:33 PM

Agreed but that could also open up the municipality to litigation. Training/education before the fact would be best.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 12:38 PM

The motorist is the one needing training in this situation.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 12:38 PM

Would you have tazed this guy? pulled a gun on him? Do you have carte=blanche on a j=walker? Protect and serve, respect your employers and they will respect you. This cop took a harmless situation and escalated it into a combative possible dangerous situation. Not smart, not good.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 12:44 PM

Again, you know the guy is from Maryland?

Is a Delaware resident an employer of a Maryland city cop?

The escalation was created because the guy failed to hand over his license and registration, something he agreed to when he obtained them.

I get it. Dopers, child support dodgers and such don't want anybody to know who they are, they want the privilege of driving without the consequences. Not the case.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

Agreed but that could also open up the municipality to litigation. Training/education before the fact would be best.

If an officer observes you in violation on a public way and conducts a mv stop and requests your documents and you fail to submit them. You can get cute and state all kinds of laws and create a scene, all that does is add more charges during booking. Failure to submit is an arrestable offence. As stated from another poster you've already agreed to that process by obtaining a DL, maybe it's different where you are. Good training would prevent you from debating tickets roadside if you are operating in your GL's.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 04:34 PM

So what would you do if you noticed an immigration offence? You all do on a daily basis. Are you this aggressive on all laws? Or do you get to pick and choose which laws you will push to the extreme? The cops in one of our local towns drives by migrant farm workers all day long, no questioning, no IDing. So you had better not question me for dropping off or picking anyone up at the curb.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 04:59 PM

Your refusal to acknowledge the traffic violation is evidence further explanation would be lost.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 05:07 PM

So what would you do if you noticed an immigration offence? You all do on a daily basis. Are you this aggressive on all laws? Or do you get to pick and choose which laws you will push to the extreme? The cops in one of our local towns drives by migrant farm workers all day long, no questioning, no IDing. So you had better not question me for dropping off or picking anyone up at the curb.

He didn't drop her off at the curb. He was blocking the street.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Your refusal to acknowledge the traffic violation is evidence further explanation would be lost.

lol, can't win.
Posted By: SleekOtter

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 06:36 PM

lol, can't win.

Wait until somebody tells him there's a - on his keyboard so he can stop using the = symbol incorrectly.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 07:49 PM

If the guy would have acted decent, handed the officer his info as requested and been polite, I'd bet anything the officer would of let him off with a verbal warning. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 08:03 PM

When you get and accept a drivers license, you agree that you will abide by the traffic regulations and can be pulled over and cited for failure to comply to these laws. You also must show the proof of owning a license upon demand of a law enforcement agent who is enforcing a law that, under his witness,you have disobeyed. If you have or haven't is not to be decided at that point. That is what the courts are for. It's a pretty simple concept. Driving is not a right, it is a privilege and it is not something you must do. There are options. If you do not want to abide by the vehicle code then don't drive. Simple as that.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 09:52 PM

Are you guys advocating for giving up our rights or taking away rights of others?. I wasn't there and I don't care really what happened. Giving a guy a badge a big black belt does not give him the right to be little hitler. Ifn you guys want to give up your freedom to some overzealous prick, fine. If you think it is just fine to haul someone to jail cause you couldnt handle the stop and you think it is just fine to stop a man and ask him for his papers, maybe you are in the wrong country at the wrong time.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:06 PM

Are you guys advocating for giving up our rights or taking away rights of others?. I wasn't there and I don't care really what happened. Giving a guy a badge a big black belt does not give him the right to be little hitler. Ifn you guys want to give up your freedom to some overzealous prick, fine. If you think it is just fine to haul someone to jail cause you couldnt handle the stop and you think it is just fine to stop a man and ask him for his papers, maybe you are in the wrong country at the wrong time.

First of all the cop wasn't a prick for making the traffic stop, informing the driver who he was, who he worked for and that he was being videoed.

Are you that dense that you can't grasp that EVERYBODY that obtains a DL agrees to the terms required to have one.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:13 PM

I see you completely miss the point and any reason on the matter. Hitler?? Really?? Are you triggered?? Listen to what people are saying here and think about it a little. The guy was asked over 60 times to produce his license and registration after a lawful stop and was given a completely lawful order. The guy chose not to. He made the choice, not the cop. Now, you may not like the cops tone. To be honest neither did I. However, that does not really have anything to do with it now does it.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:14 PM

From what I saw in that video,cop should have first asked the guy why he was stopped in the road.How did he know the guy wasn't having a health issue?Cop was a jerk.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:27 PM

I knew the guy was trouble when I saw the bow tie.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:38 PM

Cop had an attitude from the get go.Whole fiasco could have been avoided.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:40 PM

The cop was a little bit of a Richard, the way he got huffy so quickly, but the other guy was a complete moron, lol.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
The cop was a little bit of a Richard, the way he got huffy so quickly, but the other guy was a complete moron, lol.

I agree they were BOTH morons,,but the cop set the tone of how that went down.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
1.Cop had an attitude from the get go. 2.Whole fiasco could have been avoided.

1. I agree but it has no bearing on the issue at hand.

2. I also agree. If the guy would have complied with a lawful order after a lawful stop, the entire episode would not have happened.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
1.Cop had an attitude from the get go. 2.Whole fiasco could have been avoided.

1. I agree but it has no bearing on the issue at hand.

2. I also agree. If the guy would have complied with a lawful order after a lawful stop, the entire episode would not have happened.

True,,but I think if the cop approached the issue without his gung ho attitude,,the guy would have complied.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 10:57 PM

[/quote]
True,,but I think if the cop approached the issue without his gung ho attitude,,the guy would have complied.

Possible but hard to speculate on that. They guy was the chairman of the board for police review or whatever. Could it be he was a little power hungry or saw himself as the authority in the situation and not the cop? Did he see himself as above authority because of his position? By the video he was trying to call a "buddy" in the department. There are dozens of possibilities here but one can really look at the evidence at hand. I didn't like the cops attitude either. However, as long as we are speculating here, maybe the cop had to chase the guy down for a block or so? Maybe he didn't pull right over. Maybe he tried to get out of the car? Maybe The cop has dealt with this guy before and had the same problems? Something made the officer turn on the body cam, which tells me something tipped him off about possible trouble, unless the beginning is cut out. Dozens of possibilities which is why it's always better to rely on evidence, not emotion.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:41 PM

Question??? Do you obey your trapping laws? Every year or so it seems like they are always putting in some type of restriction on traps etc. Ya buy a trapping license you are subject to the laws right? You the type of individual who just uses what he wants in the field? If a warden approaches you in the field and demands ID/license..how does it go down? You just walk away or break out a cell phone and start to sing GL's?Idk the verbiage on your laws regarding your state but our wardens ask for ID while in the field, they gon git that ID and proof of permit. No different on the streets.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:52 PM

Question??? Do you obey your trapping laws? Every year or so it seems like they are always putting in some type of restriction on traps etc. Ya buy a trapping license you are subject to the laws right? You the type of individual who just uses what he wants in the field? If a warden approaches you in the field and demands ID/license..how does it go down? You just walk away or break out a cell phone and start to sing GL's?Idk the verbiage on your laws regarding your state but our wardens ask for ID while in the field, they gon git that ID and proof of permit. No different on the streets.

I give as much respect as I receive.I obey all laws,and have to be specialy carefull because I have my nuisance wildlife control license. Respect goes both ways. I think both the cop and the guy were jerks,and the original poster may be correct that these two jerks may have had run ins with each other before.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/04/19 11:59 PM

Sometimes giving respect when you get none is favorable.

Racing around in this life never lifting will put you in the wall eventually but to each his own.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 12:09 AM

Racing around in this life never lifting will put you in the wall eventually but to each his own.

Cop had a hard on for this guy from the get go for some reason or another.Thats all Im sayin.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 12:23 AM

Cop had a hard on for this guy from the get go for some reason or another.Thats all Im sayin.

And the guy didn't make it go down by stroking it did he?

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 12:32 AM

Cop had a hard on for this guy from the get go for some reason or another.Thats all Im sayin.[/quote]

And the guy didn't make it go down by stroking it did he?
[/quote]
Cop clearly WANTED a problem with this guy,,and if that's not the case,,then the cop is an un professional jerk.The guy aint gonna pay a nickel,,and the cop will get his pp wacked for being a jerk,and being stupid enough to record himselfe being a jerk.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 12:49 AM

Cop clearly WANTED a problem with this guy,,and if that's not the case,,then the cop is an un professional jerk.The guy aint gonna pay a nickel,,and the cop will get his pp wacked for being a jerk,and being stupid enough to record himselfe being a jerk.

Again that is just speculation. We don't know what happened at the beginning. Maybe the guy flipped the cop off in the window? Maybe the cop had a call of a drug deal going down in the area and that vehicle matched the description? Maybe, for whatever reason the cop felt that there was going to be trouble, flipped on his bodycam and used his training. In a situation like that, you would want to talk in a loud stern voice to try and take control of the situation by showing authority. Most that know me on here, know I'm not a cop lover but by the same token, I'm not a cop hater either. I love people that do a job and do it professionally. Whatever that job happens to be. If I think a cop is wrong with the evidence presented, I will say it and fight for it. However, the same goes for a cop doing his job. In this case with the evidence presented, I see no fault in the cops actions. In fact, I believe he showed great restraint. I think the guy got a gift by not getting arrested. Was the cop a jerk? Maybe, we don't know what happened before the video was turned on. Was the driver a jerk? For sure.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 12:54 AM

Maybe the guy flipped the cop off in the window? Maybe the cop had a call of a drug deal going down in the area and that vehicle matched the description? Maybe, for whatever reason the cop felt that there was going .
Maybe if my beagle didn't stop to take a crap he would have cought the rabbit.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 12:57 AM

The cop told the guy to get moving. he was illegally parked in the traffic lane. the guy ignored him.
thats what started the whole episode.
If Joe citizen would of moved his car to a legal parking spot nothing would of happened.
Listen to the cop in the beginning, he explains this.

I don't have any problem with the cop. He was professional.
the guy was a A##hole.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes, in this case a handful of tickets.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dirty D
The cop told the guy to get moving. he was illegally parked in the traffic lane. the guy ignored him.

Now I didn't see that in the video.If that is the case,,then the guy was the jerk and I am wrong.First thing I saw was the cop saying im officer a55555hole,,,give me your licence and registration NOW.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:11 AM

Now I didn't see that in the video.If that is the case,,then the guy was the jerk and I am wrong.

I missed it also. That would explain the attitude and the switching on of the body cam. ,

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:11 AM

Finster,,watch it again,,I did and still don't see that.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:17 AM

Now I didn't see that in the video.If that is the case,,then the guy was the jerk and I am wrong.First thing I saw was the cop saying im officer a55555hole,,,give me your licence and registration NOW.
Come on now..... Watch it again. He does not say that. The first words out of the cops mouth are and I quote," How ya do'in sir, Sgt, MaGowen Baltimore city police department. This interaction is being recorded. I need to see your license and registration." NONE of what you stated happened in the video.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:22 AM

Just sayin the cop wanted trouble with this guy.Its easy to see.NOW,,the reason may be that the guy is a jerk and has had run ins before,I dont know.I can only give MY OPINION from what I see here.I would like to hear some opinions from some LEOs in here.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:28 AM

Words are one thing.The tone and attitude you say those words with are a different animal.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:29 AM

Just sayin the cop wanted trouble with this guy.Its easy to see.NOW,,the reason may be that the guy is a jerk and has had run ins before,I dont know.I can only give MY OPINION from what I see here.I would like to hear some opinions from some LEOs in here.

Well, I'm not beating you up or trying to but maybe this is part of the problem nowadays. You jump to a foregone conclusion and even with video evidence, you miss quote and replace it with your own narrative. Maybe reflect some, watch it again from a cops point of view and think about it. Remember, he didn't say what you thought he said. Other than raising his voice and I don't blame him for that, he, in my opinion, handled himself professionally. Again, not trying to beat you up or win a debate, I'm just trying to get you to see a point of view and mull it over in your head.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:33 AM

Well, I'm not beating you up or trying to but maybe this is part of the problem nowadays. You jump to a foregone conclusion and even with video evidence, you miss quote and replace it with your own narrative. Maybe reflect some, watch it again from a cops point of view and think about it. Remember, he didn't say what you thought he said. Other than raising his voice and I don't blame him for that, he, in my opinion, handled himself professionally. Again, not trying to beat you up or win a debate, I'm just trying to get you to see a point of view and mull it over in your head.

LOL,I hear ya.And maybe the driver had run ins before,,like I said,I don't know.Im only going from what I saw in the provided video.In my opinin,the cop came on a bit strong armed.I watched it again and still didn't see where the cop first asked him to move.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:36 AM

LOL,I hear ya.And maybe the driver had run ins before,,like I said,I don't know.Im only going from what I saw in the provided video.In my opinin,the cop came on a bit strong armed.I watched it again and still didn't see where the cop first asked him to move.

I didn't either..... No matter though. I was just pulled over myself about a week ago in Ohio. Maybe I'll start another thread about it. It kind of tells a story.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:46 AM

I was just pulled over myself about a week ago

You was causin trouble no dought and had it coming. laugh
Posted By: tjm

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 01:56 AM

I thought the guy in the car was setting the cop up trying to see how far he could push the scene and that he was tryig to call a news agency to come record him being abused, the whole thing has a phony look- you never in your life heard a cop go on like that and not get more excited and escalate.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 02:16 AM

@ 2:01 of the video the driver asked why the stop and the cop explains he was stopped in the middle of the road and he instructed him to move to which the driver ignored the instructions.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 02:18 AM

My apologies 1:56

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 02:18 AM

The driver was testing the cops memory.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 02:19 AM

@ 2:01 of the video the driver asked why the stop and the cop explains he was stopped in the middle of the road and he instructed him to move to which the driver ignored the instructions.

Thanks

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 02:21 AM

Just watched it AGAIN and saw that.Sumthin aint right because the beginning of the video looks like first contact between them.The altercation before hand is not shown.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 02:29 AM

Just watched it AGAIN and saw that.Sumthin aint right because the beginning of the video looks like first contact between them.The altercation before hand is not shown.

Just a guess but he probably rolled up on him, hollered out the window for him to move a long and upon being ignored hit the lights and made the stop at which time activated the body cam.

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 02:42 AM

Well then Hobbie ,if that's the case,the driver is a jerk!!!!!! blush
Posted By: KeithC

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 04:54 AM

Most likely the police sergeant was called by the police officer who made the stop to deal with the non compliant driver. This explains why the sergeant was already on edge and why he filmed the conversation. Obviously more happened before the sergeant and the driver interacted.

Keith

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 03:24 PM

Do you think that if the car guys job is oversight of the police force and he got complaints, that it might be his job to see if the cops could be manipulated into escalation?
He was testing those cops.
Posted By: PaRay

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 04:03 PM

All the driver had to say was "I'm sorry officer, I didn't know what I was doing was wrong, and it won't happen again." Probably would have been the end of it. I don't understand why people get mad at Law Enforcement for doing the job we pay them to do.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 05:40 PM

Now I didn't see that in the video.If that is the case,,then the guy was the jerk and I am wrong.

I missed it also. That would explain the attitude and the switching on of the body cam. ,

Go to 1:53 in the video.

cop explains what started the whole thing.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 08:52 PM

cartablanche?? there used to be someone on here that explained all these words ,Little help here
Posted By: DWC

Re: How to get a bunch of tickets.... A tutorial - 04/05/19 08:56 PM

Probably because the locals have no jurisdiction to do so? Youre a stubborn one arent u?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums