Home

did i do something i should not have??

Posted By: taser

did i do something i should not have?? - 04/04/19 09:29 PM

I received a text message from "sara" that said...……"Hi Scott this is Sara from the conservative party. Do we have your support in the upcoming federal election? answer yes or no"

I quickly responded "yes". but then instantly thought that this is weird...……….can scamers get info just from answering a text message??
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/04/19 09:32 PM

You'll know when you receive 4,000 spam emails and your bank account has $0.00 balance.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/04/19 09:39 PM

You might regret doing clicking the yes button. A more appropriate button would have been 'delete'.

If you are lucky, you will only get a lot more junk email.

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/04/19 09:42 PM

I did not "click " a yes button ….I texted back "YES".
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/04/19 09:43 PM

My mistake. Sorry.
Posted By: EdP

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/04/19 10:26 PM

Could have said "Sara, I'd like to hear your arguments for your conservative party positions. Is there some place we could meet?" Then you would have done something you perhaps should not have!

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/04/19 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by EdP
Could have said "Sara, I'd like to hear your arguments for your conservative party positions. Is there some place we could meet?" Then you would have done something you perhaps should not have!

yes I agree...…….I am just so gung ho with the thought of getting rid of Trudeau that I jumped the gun ….. cool
Posted By: trapper les

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/04/19 11:52 PM

What you should have said is "Sarah, give me your home phone number so I can call you during your favorite TV show, like you did me" .
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/04/19 11:59 PM

It was probably legit. Like most women, she just wants your money, lol.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/05/19 02:01 AM

I’m not surprised.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/05/19 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by taser
I received a text message from "sara" that said...……"Hi Scott this is Sara answer yes or no"

I quickly responded "yes".
Your wifey is gonna like that when she checks yer fone.HAhahahaha
Posted By: remrogers

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/05/19 04:04 PM

I never answer with a "yes" to ANY unsolicited message. It can be taken as an affirmation to an out of context request. Have had some phone calls where I was asked if I could hear the caller and when I stated "I can hear you", they again asked if I could hear them. That is when I end the call. Had one gal call three times in half an hour asking if I could hear her. Lot of scam artists out there.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/05/19 04:53 PM

Never text the word YES to a number you do not know.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: did i do something i should not have?? - 04/05/19 08:54 PM

During the last election cycle I got a lot of those texts, but they were from democrats, e.g. "can we count on you to be part of the blue wave in NC?" I had a pic on my phone of Trump giving a thumbs down at a rally I always sent em back. I got a couple lols in response from them
© 2024 Trapperman Forums