Home

Son got his bird tonight

Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 12:50 AM

Awesome hunt and a few videos

First had a coon foraging by us, took video

2nd a deer crossed the creek and came nearby. Took video

3rd two toms and a jake walked up from behind us and walked by at 4-5 yards, took video

My boy wanted a bigger bird so he passed, the biggest one he could see it’s spurs when it walked by and he figured it wasn’t mature enough

While taking the video of the 3 birds go out in to the old corn field the raccoon returns and the deer heads out into field too. All in video

Then 24 minutes later another Tom comes from behind us, I tell him it’s big. It’s beard not huge but a larger bird
I tell him I think he should shoot this one. He does, on video also

Not huge but 24 1/2 lbs, 9” beard, 1 3/8” spurs with a nice hook in them

Guess I won’t have to get up early tomorrow

My season starts in early May

Very little calling, and the three that came right next to us walked right through our decoys and never interacted with them.

Really an amazing hunt with all the activity and to video it all was really nice too
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 01:39 AM

That sounds like a great hunt. It's amazing how busy the world gets out there, isn't it? So nice that you captured all kinds of activity on video, capped off with a nice bird for your son. Congrats to you both!
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 01:42 AM

Congratulations to you both on a great hunt to each his own but i'd call 24 1/2 lbs Huge
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 01:51 AM

Anything over 20 down here is pretty huge, lol! Congrats to you and your son!
Posted By: adam m

Re: Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 02:01 AM

Congrats to him. Sounds like a great day overall
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 09:33 AM

We hunted the exact location the night before and never seen anything but two squirrels

We had a discussion about hunting a different location but we agreed to return to that spot because some days the birds just go in a different route. Wow what a difference, all sorts of different wildlife activity
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 12:00 PM

When you hunted that area the night before, your hen calls may have given those boys an idea about where they could find some girls the next morning. You probably created your own good hunt!
Posted By: snowy

Re: Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 12:08 PM

Great job.
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 12:14 PM

Nice bird congrats!!
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 02:32 PM

Good job and congratulations
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Son got his bird tonight - 04/24/19 02:51 PM

Sounds like a great hunt. A 24 lber is a big bird