Home

It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian?

Posted By: hippie

It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 05:36 PM

The guy who mowed down people in California with his car was a Christian who kept muttering God is great and thank you God wasn't Muslim.

This has the media stumped too.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 05:49 PM

Tell a tree by the fruit it produces!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 06:01 PM

The difference is, would Jesus have run those people down? Would Jesus have advocated such an act? Knowing the teachings of Jesus, the answer is no.

Now, what about Mohammad, would he have run those people down? He did worse than that. He went into villages and murdered not only the men, but the women and children as well. Why did he do that? Because they were non-believers, or infidels. Mohammad preached violence to non- believers.

Even Bill Maher, who hates Christians once said the difference between Muslims and Christians is that Christians won't kill you for not being a Christian. Neither will they kill you for leaving Christianity.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 06:44 PM

I totally agree Trapper7. And that's with everything you said, but.....
This guy appears on the surface to be a religious nut, and its said he was on his way to church when he did this. I guess my wanderings are, is this the start of something?

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 06:47 PM

Thinking along the lines of the over-the-top religious people who will allow their child to die before allowing medical Cate, etc, etc.

Did this Christian think these people were heathens?
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 07:52 PM

Man I hope not. Meaning "Is this the beginning of something?" As far as what he was thinking is anybody's guess. I agree with the islamist but this fruit loop is just another nut job. I imagine he hears lots of different voices telling him to do crazy stuff. No different than the one that was going to burn the church to the ground. Just like all the others we are going to find out that it was known these folks were off their rocker and potentially dangerous. Chalk up another one for feel good society giving a deranged individual a pass till something bad happens.
Posted By: Riverotter2

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 07:58 PM

What I heard the man was in the military and might have had PTSD or other mental illness and just went off. Trying to blame Christ and his word on the actions of one man, even an atheist should know better then that. Unreal.
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 08:15 PM

Wasn't the crusades Christians killing others because they weren't Christians? I think most religions have zealots that are willing to kill others who don't believe as they do. This is just a messed up world. Whatever happened to live and let live?
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 08:19 PM

The crusades were initiated to stop the advance of Islam. If the Muslims hadn't started their own crusade against the infidels, the European crusades never would have happened.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 08:26 PM

Christians have been pull into a lot of fights, thank God they were there in WWll.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 08:51 PM

Give him a drug test.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 08:55 PM

and if he passes,give him drugs. wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 09:42 PM

If the second greatest commandment is to love thy neighbor as thyself,which Jesus said, I think that feller might be a bit confused.
As for the crusades, I suspect illiteracy caused Christians to enter the fray. Couldn't read the bible, but the Pope says it's the Christian thing to do, so they did it.
Posted By: Finster

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
The guy who mowed down people in California with his car was a Christian who kept muttering God is great and thank you God wasn't Muslim.

Just because someone calls himself a Christian, doesn't mean he is one. Some of the biggest hypocrites and jerks I have ever known in my life were Bible thumpers. The guy that mowed those people down was everything BUT a Christian.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/25/19 09:51 PM

I’m all about people believing in a higher being if that’s what suits them. However, any time I see a push on any religion I’m cautious. There’s some really messed up people that consider themselves devout Christians. Need any proof turn on your TV on a Sunday morning. Religion in my, yes my experience is a crutch used to hide some very unfavorable traits that goes for all religions.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 05:20 AM

Whatever the guy has been through it is no license to kill people.
Posted By: James

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 06:07 AM

"There’s some really messed up people that consider themselves devout Christians. Need any proof turn on your TV on a Sunday morning."

Or hang around here for a while. LOL.

Jim
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 10:54 AM

Sometimes the only proof there is a Living God, is that you haven't killed somebody. lol
Posted By: Posco

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 12:48 PM

The Bible makes it clear people avoid the Lord because they have
Originally Posted by James
some very unfavorable traits.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by newhouse114
The crusades were initiated to stop the advance of Islam. If the Muslims hadn't started their own crusade against the infidels, the European crusades never would have happened.

Basically the Crusades were caused by the Muslim denial to let other Faiths Pilgrimage to the Holy Land pretty much the state of Jerusalem to this day

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 06:19 PM

After the New Zealand mosque attacks, the government of New Zealand condemned the them as cowardly, reprehensible acts.

Shootings and bombings around the world caused by radical Islamists are never condemned by the Muslim leaders. CAIR has been completely silent. Ever notice that?

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 06:45 PM

Yes I have noticed other Muslims don't condemn it.
That was actually the reason I posted this....to see if the guys that jump all over these type killings when it's a Muslim saying God is great while doing it, have the same reaction when it's a Christian doing the exact same thing. I was just curious ad to the reaction on here.

It appears they are just as silent.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 06:47 PM

a tragedy and black eye to christians.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Tell a tree by the fruit it produces!

Originally Posted by Trapper7
The difference is, would Jesus have run those people down? Would Jesus have advocated such an act? Knowing the teachings of Jesus, the answer is no.

Now, what about Mohammad, would he have run those people down? He did worse than that. He went into villages and murdered not only the men, but the women and children as well. Why did he do that? Because they were non-believers, or infidels. Mohammad preached violence to non- believers.

Even Bill Maher, who hates Christians once said the difference between Muslims and Christians is that Christians won't kill you for not being a Christian. Neither will they kill you for leaving Christianity.

I totally agree Trapper7. And that's with everything you said, but.....
This guy appears on the surface to be a religious nut, and its said he was on his way to church when he did this. I guess my wanderings are, is this the start of something?

Originally Posted by Riverotter2
What I heard the man was in the military and might have had PTSD or other mental illness and just went off. Trying to blame Christ and his word on the actions of one man, even an atheist should know better then that. Unreal.

Originally Posted by J Staton
If the second greatest commandment is to love thy neighbor as thyself,which Jesus said, I think that feller might be a bit confused.
As for the crusades, I suspect illiteracy caused Christians to enter the fray. Couldn't read the bible, but the Pope says it's the Christian thing to do, so they did it.

Originally Posted by Finster

Just because someone calls himself a Christian, doesn't mean he is one. Some of the biggest hypocrites and jerks I have ever known in my life were Bible thumpers. The guy that mowed those people down was everything BUT a Christian.

Originally Posted by Furvor
Whatever the guy has been through it is no license to kill people.

Yup. Looks like silence.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
a tragedy and black eye to christians.

I agree.
I believe in Christian values and God, and also believe there are over the top Christians as well as a n y religion.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 06:57 PM

Looks defensive to me Hobby?

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 07:00 PM

last thing we need to do is sink to their level.when the time is right,the lord will handle the problem.

love you're enemies and not wish bad to them may be one of the hardest parts of being a true christian.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 09:46 PM

Hippie what your failing to realize is Jesus did not command Christians to murder people. So if someone murders in the name of Christ, it's probably safe to assume they are not a Christian. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.
Islam on the other hand calls for the murder of the infidel. So when CAIR or other Muslim leaders remain silent when Christian church bombings occur, in actuality they are keeping true to their faith.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 10:52 PM

Hippie what your failing to realize is Jesus did not command Christians to murder people. So if someone murders in the name of Christ, it's probably safe to assume they are not a Christian. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.
Islam on the other hand calls for the murder of the infidel. So when CAIR or other Muslim leaders remain silent when Christian church bombings occur, in actuality they are keeping true to their faith.

Who are we to tell others what their own faith is?

Do you guys actually think most Muslims want to kill you if you don't convert? How come we're not fighting them in the streets?

Yeah, Mohammed called for death to unbelievers. He was talking about tribes he was at war with. In his time especially every war was a religious war. The armies would line up, with their priests banging drums or yelling Hosannahs to the sky, hoping to call the attention and favor of their deities for the coming battle.

Even today, leaders in wartime try to portray themselves as favored by God. In WW II, we might as well have said, "Death to the Godless Japanese!"

So the next time you feel like exercising your Islamophobia, why don't you instead go shoot a round of skeet or work out on the heavy bag for a while.

Jim

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 11:02 PM

We didn't have to shout it, we were capable and did it.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 11:08 PM

But not all of them.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 11:08 PM

Nor were they required to become Christians.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/26/19 11:45 PM

Perhaps they attacked us first because the majority of our country believes in God?

Do we have Christians living in Japan dragging citizens to the beach and lopping their heads off for Jesus like what goes on unreported in Arab countries?
Posted By: PSB1011

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/27/19 12:03 AM

That was actually the reason I posted this....to see if the guys that jump all over these type killings when it's a Muslim saying God is great while doing it, have the same reaction when it's a Christian doing the exact same thing. I was just curious ad to the reaction on here.

I think this statement is a little shallow.Simply because, most everyday Christians would not consider this person one of their own.Therefore,they don't criticize this person doing this act, because it is not their belief.
One could say the same of muslims, but it is written in the koran to kill infidels,( those that dont believe)and it is not so in the Bible.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/27/19 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by PSB1011

I think this statement is a little shallow.Simply because, most everyday Christians would not consider this person one of their own.Therefore,they don't criticize this person doing this act, because it is not their belief.
One could say the same of muslims, but it is written in the koran to kill infidels,( those that dont believe)and it is not so in the Bible.

And the bible says this.

John16 1“All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. 2They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. 3They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me.

Everything I read for the future of Christ's true followers in the end times is persecution and martyrdom.

So if you're on the side of doing the persecution, you're not doing Christ's will to say the least.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/27/19 12:23 AM

The history of Holy Wars where "Christians" were involved often included "insurmountable odds", incomparable weapons or unlikely soldiers, demonstrating God's favor of the faithful.

Go.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 04/27/19 01:35 AM

Who are we to tell others what their own faith is?

Do you guys actually think most Muslims want to kill you if you don't convert? How come we're not fighting them in the streets?

Yeah, Mohammed called for death to unbelievers. He was talking about tribes he was at war with. In his time especially every war was a religious war. The armies would line up, with their priests banging drums or yelling Hosannahs to the sky, hoping to call the attention and favor of their deities for the coming battle.

Even today, leaders in wartime try to portray themselves as favored by God. In WW II, we might as well have said, "Death to the Godless Japanese!"

So the next time you feel like exercising your Islamophobia, why don't you instead go shoot a round of skeet or work out on the heavy bag for a while.

Jim

So stating a fact about the Koran is Islamophobia? Just don't understand why liberal minded folk have such an issue with facts.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/01/19 11:37 PM

It's because facts don't support their argument, emotions do.
Posted By: Chancey

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 03:12 AM

Jim,

Who do you think the teachings of the Quran and Hadith refer to when it mentions "the pig and the cross"?

As a Christian, I condemn anyone from murdering someone for any reason; regardless of religion.

There is not a doubt in my mind that our children and grandchildren will have no choice but to fight them in the streets right here in the USA as soon as the population and demographics tip the balance scale in their favor.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 03:56 AM

I don't know what the passage about the pig and the cross is, so I can't comment about it.

There are 3.5 million Muslims in the US, only 1.1 percent of our population. I guess I won't lose any sleep worrying about them.

Jim
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 11:25 AM

I don't know what the passage about the pig and the cross is, so I can't comment about it.

There are 3.5 million Muslims in the US, only 1.1 percent of our population. I guess I won't lose any sleep worrying about them.

Jim

Ground breaking speech at the ceremony for digging your own grave.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 03:42 PM

Thinking along the lines of the over-the-top religious people who will allow their child to die before allowing medical Cate, etc, etc.

I think you hit the nail on the head in this case, Hippie. There are always going to be some over-zealous people on both sides of the aisle. In this case, the guy may have been like those who bring poisonous snakes as part of their service because of some scripture in they read in the OT that they have taken out of context or was written for their church.

Or, like the 144,000 saints in the book of Revelation which the Watchtower Society felt pertained to them. Ricarda Bradford a six year old could have lived with a blood transfusion. Instead, she died because her father refused the life-giving procedure. He quoted Genesis 9:3-4 and Leviticus 17:10-15 explaining that taking blood in the veins was the same as eating it.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck

Jim

MN has one of the highest population of Muslims in the US? Many parents have pulled their children out of one school and moved to another with fewer Muslims. Teachers have schools they will no longer teach in because of the Muslim student's behavior.

It's fine if they want to be here and become Americans and act like one. If you were in their country, they would expect the same from you.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 04:43 PM

Trapper 7 the snake handling is in the New Testament.
I believe the 144,000 is referring to the 12 tribes of Israel.
A Christian is under Grace not the law, so the man not allowing blood transfusion was confusing Judaism with Christianity.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

I think you hit the nail on the head in this case, Hippie. There are always going to be some over-zealous people on both sides of the aisle. In this case, the guy may have been like those who bring poisonous snakes as part of their service because of some scripture in they read in the OT that they have taken out of context or was written for their church.

Or, like the 144,000 saints in the book of Revelation which the Watchtower Society felt pertained to them. Ricarda Bradford a six year old could have lived with a blood transfusion. Instead, she died because her father refused the life-giving procedure. He quoted Genesis 9:3-4 and Leviticus 17:10-15 explaining that taking blood in the veins was the same as eating it.

I was hoping someone could see what line I was thinking along. Or at least talk about it instead of deflecting from it.
I believe there are rabid Christians like there are rabid Muslims who will kill because of their beliefs. I saw some wild talk here that surprised me from a really religious person.

I had one tell me, and I'm not Bible smart enough to know if it's true, that there ate anti-Semitic passages in it. (Not only against Jews.) That had me thinking when the couple killings happened that are said was religion against religion. (Christian against Muslim/Jews)

Anyhow, like anything in life, I believe you can go so far that you are actually a detriment wether it be religion, work or whatever. That's just my opinion and I do believe in God. That doesn't mean I can't look at these shootings objectively does it?

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 07:04 PM

Trapper 7 the snake handling is in the New Testament.
I believe the 144,000 is referring to the 12 tribes of Israel.
A Christian is under Grace not the law, so the man not allowing blood transfusion was confusing Judaism with Christianity.

The snake handling I saw on TV was a church from down south. They associated the snake handling from Exodus 7:10 when Aaron turned his staff into a snake. Pharaoh's magicians turned their staffs into snakes as well. But, Aaron's snake devoured their snakes.

The 144,00 is the 12 tribes of Israel. But, according to the Watchtower Society, it represents their group exclusively.

I'm not sure the Watchtower Society classifies themselves Christians, but are somewhere in between. Different from you and me, they don't believe Jesus' shed blood saved anyone. So, saved by grace has no meaning for them.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 07:10 PM

hippie, I know what you are saying. There are rabid Christians. I just don't see where there are as many of them as there are rabid Muslims based on the difference in their fundamental beliefs. It seems like every other day you hear where a group of radical Muslims shot up a church or a suicidal bomber killed 50 people in a shopping center somewhere much more than you hear about a radical Christian doing something similar.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 09:40 PM

Trapper 7 I always thought the snake handlers practiced it from the book of Mark 16:18. Don't know why folks feel the need to prove their faith like that but to each his own I guess.
Worked with a Jehovah's Witness and the best I can figure from talking with him as they believe Jesus was the perfect man. Pretty sure they don't believe in the Holy Ghost also. Never could really pry it out of him.
Posted By: Posco

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 09:45 PM

Until fairly recently, most Americans self-identified as Christian no matter how nominal an impact the faith had in their lives. You're bound to drag up some unsavory characters in a net cast that wide. Christians are not a violent people. They go to church on Sunday and work on Monday, they don't blow people up.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
Until fairly recently, most Americans self-identified as Christian no matter how nominal an impact the faith had in their lives. You're bound to drag up some unsavory characters in a net cast that wide. Christians are not a violent people. They go to church on Sunday and work on Monday, they don't blow people up.

A vast majority are peaceful. But, some people did some bombing of abortion clinics in the 90’s. They identified as Christian, although they weren’t really Christian, a real Christian wouldn’t do that. They would offer loving help to those suffering with the decision to have one.

I will say the majority of Muslims wouldn’t bomb either, but, you’re still a perfectly fine Muslim in the Koran if you do blow yourself up.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/02/19 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

A vast majority are peaceful. But, some people did some bombing of abortion clinics in the 90’s. They identified as Christian, although they weren’t really Christian, a real Christian wouldn’t do that. They would offer loving help to those suffering with the decision to have one.

I will say the majority of Muslims wouldn’t bomb either, but, you’re still a perfectly fine Muslim in the Koran if you do blow yourself up.

Watch it Rob, stating facts will get you called names. smile
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/03/19 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck

Jim

There it is summed up in one sentence. Love it.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/03/19 12:27 PM

We were told not long after 9/11 we should try and understand and live with Islam. We're always told to try and understand Islam, Hinduism, Shamanism and the list goes on about religions while Christians are under attack across the world even in America and even on here at times. Maybe it was something to what a man told me one time. All others are just religions and Christianity is reality. Just saying.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/03/19 03:34 PM

Yep, there were many abortion clinics/doctors bombed or shot in that period.

I always related the KKK to be religious people too back in the day.(50's up to the 70's) maybe Riverotter can shed some light on them since he's from the south and would have heard more about them than I have.

I agree that to compare the two religions, Muslims are far more extreme. Interesting discussion.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/03/19 04:08 PM

Trapper 7 I always thought the snake handlers practiced it from the book of Mark 16:18. Don't know why folks feel the need to prove their faith like that but to each his own I guess.
Worked with a Jehovah's Witness and the best I can figure from talking with him as they believe Jesus was the perfect man. Pretty sure they don't believe in the Holy Ghost also. Never could really pry it out of him.

Jehovahs witness believe Jesus was Michael the archangel. I kid you not. The won't give you that up front, though, you have to pry it out of them.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/03/19 04:11 PM

The difference is, Jesus never taught us to kill our enemies. Mohamed did.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/03/19 06:00 PM

Does the Bible Pa Skinner? I read that it does.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/03/19 07:27 PM

I'll just put this here...

Shocking video of children in Philadelphia Muslim Society: 'We will chop off their heads' for Allah

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-philadelphia-muslim-society-children
Posted By: JSfab

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/06/19 03:41 AM

Hippie, I assume you are referring to the Old Testament, and the old mosaic law, which was mostly done away with in the new covenant. The only commandments from the Old Testament that Christians are required to keep are the ones that Jesus reinforced in the new, (which includes 9 of the original 10 commandments) but I will focus on the subject at hand. From what I have read, and understand from reading the New Testament, no true follower of Christ under ANY circumstances will take the life of another human being, EVER. I will list just a few quotes of Jesus here:
“You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother
will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) of fire.”
“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?”
“And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”
“And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.”

These are just a few that I could think of off the top of my head.

As to Islam and the Koran, I have never read the Koran nor studied Islam in any form except for what I heard or read from others. So therefore, I can not comment or make statements about it with any authority.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/06/19 09:16 AM

PAskinner said "Jehovahs witness believe Jesus was Michael the archangel" That's exactly what they believe and teach, when you get in far enough. That throws the Trinity out the window!

A few years back in a town near here a so called Jehovahs witness shot and killed his wife, then shot a cop and he returned fire and hit him. They rushed him to the hospital with large blood loss and he refused blood on his religious faith. They got a judge out of bed at 2 a.m. to get an order to give him blood.Now it wasn't against his faith to kill his wife or shoot a cop but it was to take blood. He lived but I never heard what sentence he got. I knew a guy that worked at the hospital. We are living in a crazy mixed up world.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/06/19 09:26 AM

when it comes to religion, any religion, no amount of rational thought will be allowed

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/06/19 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
when it comes to religion, any religion, no amount of rational thought will be allowed

Some of that is because rational thinking cannot explain what has or is taking place.

I have numerous examples here's just one.

A friend of mine that I worked with thirty years ago had cancer. He fought it until saw bones could do no more for him. He laid in a hospital bed waiting to die. With only days to live the plant manager gathered everyone in the facility, 700+ employees, we prayed. That friend is still with us today and owns a very successful business. Full recovery.

Whether we believe it was our prayer or you believe he willed his white blood cells to cure himself, it's not really rational. That said, one happens more often than the other.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? - 05/06/19 12:35 PM

I haven't thought this out entirely, but isn't blaming religion for mans stupidity, kinda like blaming guns for mans actions.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums