Home

UTV for Trapping & Hunting

Posted By: Canvasback2

UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/27/19 07:26 PM

Anyone use one for Trapping and Hunting ? With the Arthritis kicking in , need something to make getting through the woods easier!
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/27/19 07:57 PM

Yup for both and for other things.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: forestman3

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/27/19 08:38 PM

Works great for me. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Wildkaat

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/27/19 09:29 PM

Bought a 08 ranger three years ago and couldn’t be happier, just up graded this spring to a 2018 and I am getting it set up this summer. You will never go back to trapping without one once you run it on your line a couple times. Be like me and wonder how you ever trapped without it. Just make sure if you get one it is one that you can just step out of and don’t have to climb out of it.
Posted By: LDW

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/28/19 03:44 PM

Yep, have used one for the last 3 years. 2010 Polaris 800xp Ranger. I would hate to be without it now. This summer, I'm taking the box off and going to build a bed set up just for trapping. Going to have drawers for baits and lure as well as for set making tools. Also going to have cutouts for 5 gallon buckets of waxed sand and a section for carrying traps. Building the prototype out of plywood, then the final one out of diamond plate.
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/28/19 07:55 PM

After the combined effects of age and cancer I upgraded my Honda Foreman 4 wheeler to a Honda Pioneer 1000 SXS two seasons ago. After adding quite a few options I have it about the way I want it.
I don't want to figure up how many dollars I have in it. Am sure its more than I have in my Harley.
If it keeps me trapping it worth it all !
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/29/19 12:13 PM

I love trapping from a UTV. I am 34 years old with no physical limitations and I still would trap from a UTV vs without a UTV, mainly because I believe speed kills, and using a UTV has made me so much faster and efficient. Plus on a year like we had this past season (50 inches of rain) it was the only way I could get aroun effciently without destroying property.

[Linked Image]

Disclaimer: I would NOT buy a polaris 800 again or any polaris after my experience, had to replace a motor for 4k, when I can upgrade in a few years I will be looking at the kawasaki and hondas.

Good luck!
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/29/19 02:44 PM

I like my Honda Rubicon, two medium-large tool boxes on it for traps n coal shale
Posted By: Yotegiter

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/29/19 03:01 PM

[Linked Image]

Like it, love it!!!!
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/29/19 03:36 PM

How do those compare to using horses or mules?
Posted By: trappercosmo

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 04/30/19 03:14 AM

i have the can am defender . it sits alot in the summer but come fall its used every day, between deer hunting and trapping. really like the fact i leave it loaded and park it in the shed and the truck is not loaded with gear when i need to run errands
Posted By: coydog2

Re: UTV for Trapping & Hunting - 05/05/19 10:41 AM

I have a Polaris Ranger Diesel that i got back in 2013 but is a 2014 model and happy with it. Do not use much fuel for being a diesel . I was told the gas ones give the problems. Also the diesel one I have have skid loader engine in it . Since I have a hard time to lift deer or the large beavers I have a hoist I put on the back receiver hitch that was in the van to lift disable people into the van . I had a guy that had a welding shop I know make the stand to mount it and run it off of the plug in inside the cab. I had someone else make a cover for it when I hunt and trap with it on. There is just one thing that is a pain when you drive through bean fields after they are harvest the stumbles will make pin holes in the tires. Have a plug kit when you get home. I will not part from my. Also able to get into places that I would not be able to get in with my pick up like I use to used.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums