Home

Wisconsin’s Basketball Team....

Posted By: Nessmuck

Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 04/30/19 12:43 PM

Bucks vs Celtics tonight game 2......Youns best win this game .....or it’s all up hill....GO CELTICS !!!!!!

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 04/30/19 11:28 PM

I take it...Basketball is not very popular ovah there ?
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 04/30/19 11:52 PM

GO, BUCKS, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 12:06 AM

Moosetrot ....can you name a player on the Bucks ?
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 12:17 AM

Gianis, Kris Middleton, Brogdon, Bloodsoe.

This team is the real deal for once. Best team this state has had since the 70s. Hope they stay together.

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Gianis, Kris Middleton, Brogdon, Bloodsoe.

This team is the real deal for once. Best team this state has had since the 70s. Hope they stay together.

Like..when Lew Alcindor played
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 01:02 AM

Wisconsin has a basketball team? Who knew?

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 01:17 AM

I used to go to the Bucks games when I was in High School. Those were the days of Alcindor, Dandridge, and then some guys I can't remember. They were good than and they are now. Cetics goin' down! Don't have much time to watch them cuz we are both Brewers fans. I used to go to the Milwaukee Braves games, too.

Moosetrot
Posted By: corky

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 02:15 AM

Moose:

You can't remember Oscar Robertson or John McGlocklin?
C'mon man!
Go Pack Go

Don't feel bad. I can't remember what I had for lunch. LOL

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 02:39 AM

Dang! When I was doing that post I could picture those guys but could not remember their names! The Big O was always fun to watch. Remember the Milwaukee Bucks song?

I was able to hide my own Easter Eggs this year.

Moosetrot
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 02:48 AM

Take them one game at a time and turn out all the one and done etc. and play your game. Good way to rebound and get back on track.

Bryce

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
I used to go to the Bucks games when I was in High School. Those were the days of Alcindor, Dandridge, and then some guys I can't remember. They were good than and they are now. Cetics goin' down! Don't have much time to watch them cuz we are both Brewers fans. I used to go to the Milwaukee Braves games, too.

Moosetrot

Figured you were old but not Braves old grin

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 03:00 AM

Also....quite the 3rd quarter

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 03:07 AM

I still have a Milwaukee Braves kids uniform my folks bought for me when I was about 6. Just about fits me, too! HAH! I remember my family listening to a Braves game when I was around 3 and hearing "Home run by Eddie Mathews!"

I must be old.

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 06:20 AM

I remember listening to the Braves on the radio when I was 7 years old. I would take the radio and put it under the covers and turn down the volume and family would still yell to turn off the darn radio!! I remember the games where Joe Addcock reached out and homered while being intentionally walked and also the game where Aaron leaped at the wall and bare handed took a homer away from a player. Lots of great memories. Did not know it when I was young but Lou Burdette had so much spit on the ball one almost got wet listening to him pitch. Del Crandall had to wear wipers on his glasses to be able to see but Lou got guys out. Spahn was a crafty south paw as well.
It was great for a young lad to listen to games with the likes of Musial, Mays, Banks, McCovey , Robinson all part of the game. With a radio one could use ones imagination as to how big, strong or fast they all were.

Bryce
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Moosetrot ....can you name a player on the Bucks ?

The Greek Freak??
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
I remember listening to the Braves on the radio when I was 7 years old. I would take the radio and put it under the covers and turn down the volume and family would still yell to turn off the darn radio!! I remember the games where Joe Addcock reached out and homered while being intentionally walked and also the game where Aaron leaped at the wall and bare handed took a homer away from a player. Lots of great memories. Did not know it when I was young but Lou Burdette had so much spit on the ball one almost got wet listening to him pitch. Del Crandall had to wear wipers on his glasses to be able to see but Lou got guys out. Spahn was a crafty south paw as well.
It was great for a young lad to listen to games with the likes of Musial, Mays, Banks, McCovey , Robinson all part of the game. With a radio one could use ones imagination as to how big, strong or fast they all were.

Bryce

Those names bring back great memories, thanks! And Eddie Matthews. Listened to lots of games back in the day!

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

I had a Lou Burdette Glove....never knew who he was...lol

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 12:14 PM

Series tied 1-1 ...now back to Boston !

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 05:52 PM

Lou like Spahn would have been a Boston Brave prior to moving to Milwaukee in about 1954 so that may be why you had a glove with his name on it.
Bryce
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 07:00 PM

You mean like the NBA? They still doing that?

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/01/19 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
You mean like the NBA? They still doing that?

Not in Minnesota
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/02/19 03:25 AM

Last nights game was a great third quarter by the Bucks but they will need better ball movement and offensive rebounding if they are going to win the series. The forum was rocking the entire time and I had the pleasure to watch it from a suite.

Fear The Deer!!!

Attached picture 47E34CD1-7DBE-4047-ADEA-3BB4F2515C50.jpeg
Attached picture 7FA80D67-93A5-4844-916D-48FA517A8013.jpeg
Attached picture 9D1D9339-ED35-4F39-8B6C-8A6F5139FB2F.jpeg
Attached picture EE27B20C-1A01-4349-8F7B-DA195695D0EC.jpeg

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/02/19 04:11 AM

My brother in law has tickets to game 4 in the Boston Garden......and he ain’t taking me....the rat Bastid.

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/02/19 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
My brother in law has tickets to game 4 in the Boston Garden......and he ain’t taking me....the rat Bastid.

I wouldn’t be happy either!

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/02/19 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Alex the dog
Last nights game was a great third quarter by the Bucks but they will need better ball movement and offensive rebounding if they are going to win the series. The forum was rocking the entire time and I had the pleasure to watch it from a suite.

Fear The Deer!!!

Look at you fancy man in a suite. Must've been a great fur check grin

Looks like a great time. What did you think of the Forum compared to the BC?

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/09/19 01:40 PM

Well that didn't take long. Another beat down by the Bucks. Moving on.

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/09/19 06:20 PM

Yup the first game woke up the sleeping giant and from then on it was run for cover. Sometimes you don't want poke the beast.

Bryce

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/10/19 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by Alex the dog

Fear The Deer!!!

Look at you fancy man in a suite. Must've been a great fur check grin

Looks like a great time. What did you think of the Forum compared to the BC?

Hi Pike River,
sorry for the delayed reply, work got in the way for a few days. LOL

The forum is really nice! I like it better than the BC due to the open concept and being able to see the court even when out in the vending area. 3rd floor concourse that you can look over the court or step outside and see the Milwaukee skyline is unique. Overall having the new stadium, a competitive team and new development around the stadium makes for an enjoyable trip. Quick access from and to I-43 means <90 minutes from home to the venue. Would definitely recommend to anyone to see at least one game there if they can!

Dave

Re: Wisconsin’s Basketball Team.... - 05/18/19 01:13 AM

Watching my first game of the season. Listened to a few on the radio.

Sure feels good to watch a Wisconsin team beat up on some Canucks.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums