Home

Texas bees burned

Posted By: Steelflight

Texas bees burned - 05/03/19 01:14 PM

https://people.com/crime/half-million-bees-killed-in-texas-burned-beehives/amp/

Person sets fire to the beehives and no real reason has been given yet. Ugh. I under stand if you hate getting stung but you dont have to actually burn them.
Posted By: Txcoonman

Re: Texas bees burned - 05/03/19 02:39 PM

Yah bummer, it was part of a group of bee keepers so it affected a lot more than just one person, I had a customer here that was getting out of the business and I got the brazoria county bee keeepers association in contact with each other the very same day this happened. Gentleman gave them 10-12 hives that he had for free. Pretty cool
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Texas bees burned - 05/03/19 03:07 PM

good on you're friend Greg,stories like that get my bonnet in abunch.idiots.

Re: Texas bees burned - 05/03/19 05:23 PM

You must have a few bunches in that bonnet. Pcr

Re: Texas bees burned - 05/03/19 05:24 PM

I happen to really really enjoy honey. I hate the price its at. Worse then gas. So this did twist me up.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Texas bees burned - 05/03/19 06:14 PM

its a big bonnet for sure,but i get all the honey i can use for free from a neighbor.she gets a swarm or 2 off the farm every year.i like them for my gardens.have a big hollow ash out back that feels like a transformer when you touch it there is so many in it.

guess what bothers me the most is people that have to get their noses in others business cause they think they are smarter than everybody else.heck i even got mad when they were hittin the mink farmers and their my competition.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Texas bees burned - 05/03/19 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Steelflight
I happen to really really enjoy honey. I hate the price its at. Worse then gas. So this did twist me up.

I sold a gallon of honey to a co worker a couple years ago when I was just getting going. He asked how much he owed me to break even. I told him about 5 grand.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Texas bees burned - 05/03/19 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Steelflight

I hate the price as well $2/lb is pathetic.

Re: Texas bees burned - 05/05/19 04:04 PM

A labor of love. A labor of education as well. I am not a keeper. The idea fascinates and terrifies me. Perhaps one day ill give it a go.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums