Home

RIP RayA

Posted By: Jtrapper

RIP RayA - 05/05/19 01:29 PM

Just saw this on FB this morning and it sadden's me to share it here but know he had MANY friends across the country, say a prayer for his wife Marcy if you can.

For those that don't know... my stepdad Raymond Adkins was very sick and was admitted to KU Med on Thursday. At 1:15am May 5th he took his last breath. He is no longer in pain and is in a much better place. Me and my family are trying to process this and thank each and everyone of you for thoughts and prayers. If you have any questions please address them to me and let my mom come to terms with this loss. If you want any details please inbox me here and I can call you or call me if you have my number. On e again please shower my mom and our family in prayers.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 01:32 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, my prayers go out to you and your's during this difficult time.
Allan
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 01:33 PM

not good. I really liked ray
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 01:51 PM

Very sad news, really sorry to hear this, Ray was one of the first to welcome me here and one of the first to always welcome me at an NTA convention he was at where I attended.

I know he was in terrible pain, if any good comes of this it's he will not have to suffer any more and is a much better place.
Prayers are sent to Marcy and family for their loss and to help comfort them in such a big loss.

Ray was a great guy with a giant heart, he will be missed by many !!
Posted By: Minker

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 01:56 PM

Rest In Peace Ray , your pain & suffering is over .
You were a good friend for many years .
Prayers for Marcy & all the Family.
Posted By: rags57078

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 02:03 PM

I just read this on FB as well . Rest in peace my friend
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 02:04 PM

Ray was one of the good guys. He was one of the very first members on here and on Otter Creek before Trapperman. He was an easy guy to like and be around. His last post on here was in September of last year. Here's a list of his posts - https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/249

Rest in peace Ray. His family will be in our prayers.
Posted By: cotton

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 02:18 PM

rayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

man i am gonna miss ya brother
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 02:19 PM

Sad news. RIP Ray.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 02:30 PM

Sad news indeed. Ray A was a good buddy on Otter Creek time before Tman. Always with the positives. RIP Ray A.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 02:47 PM

Dang gonna miss him. He was one of the first to welcome me to Trapperman as well.
Posted By: trapr

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 03:01 PM

I also counted Ray a good friend and was welcomed by him at otter creek and my first national convention.Tall , skinny, tie dyed and bearded.

RIP Ray
Posted By: corky

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 03:12 PM

RIP
Posted By: TurTLe

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 03:37 PM

Dang, that is heartbreaking news. My thoughts and prayers are with you Marcy!! He will be missed.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 03:49 PM

Turtle I thought of that time you and him stayed with me and gclar cause it was going to rain that night, ive never laughed so hard so much in life before or since, what a crazy time we had in that hotel room, lol.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 03:49 PM

So sad to hear this news.First met Ray on Pauls chat.Then we would always catch up on things over coffee at the Missouri convention.
If Ray wasn't able to make it,he would ask one of the Mo.boys to buy a cup of coffee and bring it to my booth.
Rest in peace my friend,and the next time we meet--The coffees on me.
Tom
Posted By: MoSam

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 04:13 PM

Very sad news this morning. Ray and I traveled to many trapping conventions together in Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and of course Missouri. We trapped a number of beaver and an occasional otter together as well. We met back in the otter creek chat many years ago. I will miss my friend and will cherish all of the memories we had together.
Please say a prayer for Marcy and all of Rays family as of course this is a very difficult time for them.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 04:23 PM

Rest well my friend.....

Ray was on SPAV before Otter Creek also.... One of the Old timers....

God speed.
Posted By: Ms Cat

Re: RIP RayA - 05/05/19 11:11 PM

Sad to hear this, I have many many fond memories of Ray . What a character, always a big grin on his face, ornery as they come, and as big a heart as there was.
Always with a big hug, and kind to the core. Praying for Marcy, and all the family in this difficult time.
Laurie
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: RIP RayA - 05/06/19 12:36 AM

Early character that I remember in the early years from this site. Good advice. Sad to hear!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: RIP RayA - 05/06/19 02:20 AM

Hate to hear this. Always enjoyed seeing Ray at the conventions.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: RIP RayA - 05/06/19 02:41 AM

I'd gotten my first computer couple months before that NTA in fact it was how I made my plans to go looking at NTA site online..When I first met Ray he was just a guy sitting on the tail gate of a truck at that NTA playing his guitar. He caught may attention just sitting there playing for no one in particular. So I said Hi we chatted a bit don't recall about what? I walked away not knowing his name. Not that I'd remember if he told me..But I'm good with faces and Ray was someone who's face I wouldn't forget.
A few days later I went on T-man from the link on NTA site. I'd been to T-man before but just lurked never went in chat. When I finally went into chat RayA was one of the first to greet me. Took a little bit but we figured out we had chatted a bit at NTA. The rest as they say is history. Think that was 1997 and we always visited at every NTA we both were at after that..
I will miss him for sure.
RIP Buddy!

Mac
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: RIP RayA - 05/06/19 12:37 PM

RIP
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: RIP RayA - 05/06/19 02:37 PM

thoughts and prayers are with you guys!!!
Posted By: MChewk

Re: RIP RayA - 05/06/19 03:38 PM

RIP Ray
Posted By: ScottW

Re: RIP RayA - 05/06/19 08:30 PM

Saw that on Facebook also and just got sad. I only met Ray in person a couple times but knew him from SPAV and Otter Creek back in the 90's. Many a nights spent chatting with him, MoSam, Turtle, McCat, trapr, Wolfer, Boss Dobbins, RdFx, Minker, Sten from S. Africa, and all the rest of the clan. Can't say enough nice things about him as he answered so many questions I had, sent me some of his homemade beaver and predator lures, and made some equipment for me at VERY reduced prices as I was getting started and just seemed like someone it would have been nice to know on a much more personal level.

On the bright side, it is very nice to see all the names that have responded on this thread that I think about every now and then and wonder if you're all still kicking! Hard to believe it was over 20 yrs. ago now that I met so many great folks at my first ever trappers convention in 1998 @ Columbia, MO.

My mom took me to to that convention and passed away two years ago today. You can bet your boots that she's already found him in heaven and gave him a big hug (even though she stood only about to his belly button at best)!! Rest in peace Ray and we'll see you again some day! Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: chas3457

Re: RIP RayA - 05/07/19 12:12 AM

Sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace. Prayers sent.

Charlie
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: RIP RayA - 05/07/19 12:56 AM

I traded him some cat lure some years ago for drags. Big heavy things that he had made. They work great. Going to set one aside now to make sure I always have one. Pretty sure he would like it that im going to trap with the rest of them
Posted By: Riverotter2

Re: RIP RayA - 05/07/19 01:09 AM

Rest In Peace Ray
Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: RIP RayA - 05/07/19 03:37 PM

I met Ray in person at the 1998 Columbia NTA Convention. My wife Shannon was with me as it was our honeymoon (and first real trapping convention)! We knew Ray from Otter Creek and Trapperman Chat, back from those crazy nights that seemed to go on forever. Shannon and I spent time every night at that convention over around the campfire with Ray and Marcy. It seems like it was yesterday but it was 20 years ago. I'll never forget Ray's tie dye and beard!

Rest in peace Ray! Run some lines with all the greats who have gone before us!
Posted By: TRapper

Re: RIP RayA - 05/08/19 05:08 AM

Will miss that man...always got my beaver lure from him...(no offense boss)....i al also one of the originals from otter creek and trapperman chat rooms and have met ray many many times. He sure had fun watchin mscat (my mom) eatin turkey fries at toot toots and tbinkin it was like chicken nuggets hahahahaha
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: RIP RayA - 05/08/19 12:44 PM

Me too,i remember ray from way way back on chat...good guy. Rip Ray and condolences to you all jtrapper
© 2024 Trapperman Forums