Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/07/19 05:32 PM

Good luck. May you not need it.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/07/19 06:03 PM

Sounds like he has it covered!
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/07/19 06:14 PM

We have open carry and concealed carry (cpl) in Mich. be careful what you wish for
Posted By: Finster

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/07/19 07:28 PM

I doubt the governor will give in. I see a veto coming.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/07/19 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
I doubt the governor will give in. I see a veto coming.

Good luck in my old home state. If it passes and he vetoes it, will there be enough votes to override it? Idaho recently eliminated the cc permit. Before it was eliminated, as always the democrats cried there would be mass slaughter in the streets. Nothing has happened since.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/07/19 11:25 PM

hasn't caused problems anyplace. the people we need to fear are armed no matter what the law says. so the number of outlaws carrying remains the same. the only thing that changes is more honest people are armed and violent crime decreases. now who woulda thunk it?

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/07/19 11:32 PM

There are some strange ideas about permissionless carry. In Oklahoma for example residents still need permission. ( I don't anticipate that lasting to many more years) but residents of KS who do not need permission are also legal in Oklahoma without permission. Now that Missouri is in compliance with the national constitution I think they can be armed in Oklahoma too without permission. However people in St Louis drive across the bridge to Illinois its like people in PA driving across the border to NJ. Crime is absurd in E. St Louis IL and huge chunks of NJ but it is not legal to be armed no matter what you do.
Posted By: trapper4002

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/08/19 08:58 AM

It will never pass the governor will not let it happen
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/08/19 12:19 PM

As it makes perfect sense, it is probably not going to happen. Because politics.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/08/19 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
There are some strange ideas about permissionless carry. In Oklahoma for example residents still need permission. ( I don't anticipate that lasting to many more years) but residents of KS who do not need permission are also legal in Oklahoma without permission. Now that Missouri is in compliance with the national constitution I think they can be armed in Oklahoma too without permission. However people in St Louis drive across the bridge to Illinois its like people in PA driving across the border to NJ. Crime is absurd in E. St Louis IL and huge chunks of NJ but it is not legal to be armed no matter what you do.

We passed constitutional carry a few month back Danny... Believe it becomes law of the land Nov. 1

Mike

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/08/19 12:55 PM

good
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/08/19 12:57 PM

I like Utah's definition of cc. It has to be CONCEALED . open carry is fine here.
Posted By: Dfabs

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/12/19 01:28 AM

Passed right across the line in WV a few years back so hopefully that will help you out a little
Posted By: trapre

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/12/19 11:25 AM

I don't think it will pass. It would be awesome but I don't think it will make it very far for many reasons.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/12/19 11:32 AM

I don't see our democrat gov passing it either, if it makes it that far.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Bill to Eliminate CC Permit in PA - 05/12/19 11:41 AM

hip for sure he is not up for re-election
© 2024 Trapperman Forums