Home

Deer camp record keeping

Posted By: tlguy

Deer camp record keeping - 05/08/19 02:14 AM

At my family deer camp, we use a wood burner on a small plank to record the year's hunt and significant events around camp. Been doing it since the year 2000, but wish we had started something 50 years ago. I'm the 5th generation at our camp, and would like to keep this tradition going for as long as we can. May need to add on another room or two as we run out of wall space!

What do you do to keep track of the events at your camp? I can't tell you how many times we've had to look back at those boards to recall something and were glad they were there.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Deer camp record keeping - 05/08/19 08:57 AM

I keep a leather-bound journal at my camp. Everybody that stays here is required to make at least one short entry during their stay. Been doing it that way since I got the camp 20 years ago. We are on the second journal now, just started it.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Deer camp record keeping - 05/08/19 09:39 AM

we had a journal for year at camp since1990 ,we just sold camp I'm going to put it in new camp when I get it build
Posted By: rod-dog

Re: Deer camp record keeping - 05/08/19 10:59 AM

We have a log book also for everyone to use, currently on our third book as the tradition started in 1946. Hopefully the younger men will keep some of the old habits alive.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Deer camp record keeping - 05/08/19 11:57 AM

My younger brother has kept a personal hunting journal for many years. We never had an actual camp journal, but he logs everyone else that he hunts with for the days info. Has settled more than one disagreement about who shot for deer what in what year.

Mac
Posted By: Killbuck

Re: Deer camp record keeping - 05/08/19 03:34 PM

Back when I hunted PA we would find a big white shelf mushroom and carve the year, names and harvest. There were a dozen or more dried and displayed.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums