Home

MN Shroomers..

Posted By: trapperkeck

MN Shroomers.. - 05/15/19 06:53 PM

Anyone finding any morels yet? I looked around for awhile this morning but didn't find any. Being fairly new here, I have no idea if a mushroom has ever grown within a mile of the area I was hunting. It would be nice to know if they are up so I can start eliminating unproductive ground.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/15/19 07:49 PM

They're starting up here along the Canadian border,they should be going in full force down there,they are only up here 1 to 1.5 inches.By this weekend they should be 2 to 3 "blacks and greys very few blonde,but they come a little later.Picked for about a half hour last evening,found about 70,good luck.
Posted By: 160user

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/15/19 08:25 PM

Found the first ones here Saturday but they were small.

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/15/19 11:08 PM

Hmmm? It seems pretty dry here, maybe that's the problem? I'll try some new territory tomorrow. Should be going good by next week if we get the predicted rain.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/16/19 03:03 AM

Can you find any in the pines?
Posted By: trappertom222

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/17/19 04:49 PM

Any new reports from the last couple days. Heading towards thief river this weekend looking. Wondering how low to set my expectations!
Posted By: TrappingMN

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/18/19 05:23 AM

Found 85 pounds today
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/18/19 09:17 AM

Brother found a couple pounds of morels yesterday 20 miles south of st cloud.

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/18/19 10:05 AM

I was 20 miles south of St. Cloud yesterday and didn't have a chance to look. Hoping a bunch pop with this rain, it's been pretty dry here.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/18/19 10:20 AM

I see there are a few around. I pass on them, regardless of how great they taste, lol.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/18/19 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
I was 20 miles south of St. Cloud yesterday and didn't have a chance to look. Hoping a bunch pop with this rain, it's been pretty dry here.

We are near Fairhaven, where you at?
Posted By: Snare loop

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/18/19 02:22 PM

None yet here seems dry.

Do spots die out? I had spots that were good for many years then nothing.

There are where they are and they ain't where they ain't is always a good rule but some spots have not changed in years.
Posted By: trappertom222

Re: MN Shroomers.. - 05/20/19 01:56 PM

Was able to find 18 pounds with my buddy over the weekend in northwest MN. Pretty much all blacks except a handful. Pretty great weekend never seem them that thick before.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums