Bought the wife some new wheels.
Gonna have to trap hard next year.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/15/19 09:51 PM

nice boco! tough to beat those toyotas
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/15/19 09:58 PM

Dude! You made enough to buy a car from trapping?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/15/19 09:59 PM

Not in one year,lol.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/15/19 10:06 PM

Auto correct ..... hard ..... should be HARDER NEXT YEAR.

Cant see with the glare on the roof...............does it have roof racks for the canoe to go in side trips.

the tail gate shots are going to be TRUNK Shots...but that's OK

Is this the one model that they assemble in the USA ?
Posted By: adam m

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/15/19 10:19 PM

Congrats

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/15/19 10:24 PM

As far as I know 50,it's built in Woodstock Ont.
Its the wifes car so no dead stuff in the back(for now anyway)lol.
Its got radar in it,so you don't rearend another vehicle or veer out of the lane when you fall asleep on the highway.

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/15/19 10:35 PM

There wont be any dead stuff in it.........is that not what calf sleds are for !
2 degree's of separation
Had to google how to change my daughters clock in her vechicle yesterday, first thing she said as she got in; is "I smell soil ", no" it's flowers for your garden"......at least it's not something dead was my response.
Posted By: mud

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/15/19 11:24 PM

Nice Boco.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/15/19 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
As far as I know 50,it's built in Woodstock Ont.

BOCO, You should have bought American made !!!

What are you trying to do, restart the War of 1812 ? laugh

w

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 12:31 AM

No Walleyed,,,,,,,,,,,,I just had to get you out of the swamp water or the rut or what ever.

30+ years ago I was bird watching at (Oak Hammock Marsh Head quarters for DU) and two touristy people were there looking at some shorebirds for their Life List.....one was a aid to the Boss. We helped translate some of the species using the Latin names for the shorebirds. Language was Latin, luckily the other birder was Roman Catholic so it was second nature for the Irishman to speak to him. I had some rubber boots so he could get out of his Gucci shoes to go into the marsh. He dismissed his aid and went for 5 hours with us in the marsh and got 30 Lifers for his list. He was the CFO of Toyota and they were looking across North America where to set up plants for assembly. Maybe that trip made them to commit to Canada ! We communicated for several years on his travels over her each time.

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 01:43 AM

There is one thing that almost made me not buy it.I asked the sales guy if there was a block heater on it for winter.He said you cant put one on it that it doesn't need one.It takes some kind of thin synthetic oil and he said they all started without fail even at 50c below last winter when they move them around to clean snow from the lot.Only needs an oil change every 60,000km.
I guess I'll find out this winter.I know the skandic starts well at 50 below.Must be the new technology.We will see.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 02:04 AM

Smart, happy wife = happy life.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 02:11 AM

Looks like a nice car to me.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 02:16 AM

Right on Boco! Nice ride!
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 02:23 AM

Very Nice Boco!!
I would like to make a Toyota my next truck!
Posted By: newtoga

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 03:23 AM

I like it
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 04:05 AM

Nice rig Boco. I'm trading in my Ford here pretty soon and going back to Toyota for a truck. They are super reliable and built to last. I really hate to say it but Ford, Chevy and Dodge cannot compete with their Japanese counterpart, Toyota.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by trapper les
Looks like a nice car to me.

This is quite the compliment from a guy who drives a Dodge Power Wagon.

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 04:28 AM

I gave my 014 honda crv to my daughter,it was a great car with 0 issues over 250,000 km.Still runs great.
I really like my 017 F-150.The ecoboost engine is wicked powerful.No problems at all with any Ford truck I have owned,and I have owned a lot.My 03 F-150 was a great truck,sold it with 300k km for good money.It was in mint condition.Just Ball joints,batterys u joints-maintenance items basically.
Had a 02 chevy blazer that was no good,and a 05 ford explorer that was problematic.Those were pre owned however.Had a 00 s-10 that was a great little truck for the highway and town.My 09 Ranger 4x4 is a great little truck off road,but poor gas milage ,my son owns that now.
Drove fords,chevs and dodges on the RR.Those things took some wicked abuse.The dodge Dakotas that were used as patrol trucks had well over half a million hard km's on them before they got scrapped.For RR work trucks the Chev gas trucks had the most problems,Ford diesels the least.
This Rav-4 is my first Toyota,will see how it holds up.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 04:33 AM

Boco, have you ever had any troubles with the cam phasers on your f150’s?

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 04:41 AM

No,Jurassic,No engine problems at all with any of my vehicles.I keep on top of the mtc schedules.Never had trouble with any vehicle I bought new,just the pre owned ones.
I had a K-car one time that wouldn't keep a starter in it.

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 04:43 AM

I have not had any issues with my 2013 F150 either... Just something about me misses my Toyotas. I had an 05 Trailblazer that blew it's engine heading up the continental Divide out of Butte, MT. Had a problematic 97 Silverado. My first car was a 95 Subaru Outback. Great rig for a car.

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 04:47 AM

Wild,I remember the little Toyota 4x4 Trucks when they came out I think it was around 84.Those little trucks would shame any other vehicle off road.

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Wild,I remember the little Toyota 4x4 Trucks when they came out I think it was around 84.Those little trucks would shame any other vehicle off road.

Those old 4runners Tacomas and T100s were pretty much made for dirt and mud roads.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 09:26 AM

nice ,don't think I will ever buy a new car again
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 09:54 AM

My first car was a 95 Subaru Outback. Great rig for a car.[/quote]
All of a sudden I feel old. I think u just put me into a state of depression!!
My first car was a 65 Dodge Polara. Trunk held as more people than seats. Great car for drive ins!
Posted By: RKH

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 11:00 AM

Looks pretty fancy Boco ..how many beavers did you need to sell for that one
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 11:11 AM

If all of my fur sells and I still have my previous fur money Im gonna buy some used tires.

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 11:13 AM

You have a week to go back .....and insist in a block heater installation......they will do it to keep the sale.
That systhenic oil is really pricey, they got caught with only company to re-program the engine for oil changes awhile back.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Fur Cheque gone. - 05/16/19 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
My first car was a 95 Subaru Outback. Great rig for a car.

All of a sudden I feel old. I think u just put me into a state of depression!!
My first car was a 65 Dodge Polara. Trunk held as more people than seats. Great car for drive ins!
[/quote]
You feel old? My first motorized vehicle was a 46 Chevy pickup.
I did not buy it new however.

Zim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums