Home

Earl Cain R.I.P.

Posted By: timbremn

Earl Cain R.I.P. - 05/19/19 04:13 AM

Just found out Earl passed. He was a long time fur buyer in S.E. Minnesota. I sold my first catch to him back in 1974, and also sold to him many years after that. He always treated me fair.

Rest in peace Earl.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Earl Cain R.I.P. - 05/19/19 06:20 AM

Sorry for your loss
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Earl Cain R.I.P. - 05/19/19 06:53 AM

I remember going to his place when I was a kid. Rest in peace Earl.
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: Earl Cain R.I.P. - 05/19/19 01:28 PM

We used to deal with Earl up here in Winnipeg when he sold to our company-Winnipeg Fur Exchange back in the early 80's.He was such a nice guy-he always chatted with me when he came up.bought our deer hides and sold us coon etc..Always enjoyed seeing/talking to him.Godspeed to you Earl.We have lost a good man.
Posted By: trapperman222

Re: Earl Cain R.I.P. - 05/20/19 04:01 AM

He will be greatly missed. I first met Earl when I caught my first Mink back in 71. He was a local fur buyer back then and I had just become a real trapper ! He treated me like a friend from the first day I met him. We became better friends over the years and spent many years up north at his cabin in the Superior national forest. Trapping Marten, Fisher, otter and beaver. He was always willing to share his story's and knowledge of fur buying, trapping,ginseng hunting and fur farming. His favorite animal to trap was Marten. He always had a big grin on his face when he saw a marten in one of our traps. He taught me everything I know about fur handling . I always said if you want to learn how to put up fur ask Earl . After all he put up many many thousands of critters in his 82 years on this earth. He is back with his wife now where he always wanted to be. RIP my friend. We will meet again some day and do it all over again.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Earl Cain R.I.P. - 05/20/19 01:40 PM

What town was he in?

Re: Earl Cain R.I.P. - 05/21/19 03:18 AM

Plainview area . SE minn . Biggest fur buyer for many years in southern minn .
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Earl Cain R.I.P. - 05/21/19 01:31 PM

I see, I knew wiebke , and Johnson, but not him

Re: Earl Cain R.I.P. - 05/25/19 03:55 AM

He also bought a lot of Ginseng. Once saw over $100,000 worth in his back room. No safe just hid well till his China man showed up to buy it. Thats what he called him anyway. I never met him.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums