Home

THERMACELL do they work ?

Posted By: Wolfdog91

THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:12 AM

So i guess the local insect population has started wearing hazmat gear because it dosent seem the of the usual bug repellent work half as good as they used to. Even the ole trusty Skin So Soft ( it's a skin mosterizer sold by Avon. Used to be our go to for bug repeleant ,so much so I really thought that what it was for untill I was close to 14 lol ) has been failing. Was trying to do some fishing yesterday but got ran out by every skeeter,deer fly horse fly and gnat in the county ! And that's after basically bathing OFF deep woods. So now I'm looking into getting one of those high speed Thermacelll things. But just looking on amazon the review are either really good or pretty crappy. So figured I come ask y'all because you guys don't be. So Thermacells ,do they work or not ?
Thanks !
God Bless !
Posted By: jhh

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:13 AM

I bought one last year and it had no effect on the river skitters.
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:20 AM

I am one of the few that saw very little improvement with one
Posted By: daveharmon

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:23 AM

Probably one of the best investments i ever made.I carry 2 in my vehicles at all times.They work great on northern Wisconsin skeeters.
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:25 AM

There is one sitting on the shelf here. It was used a few times and now sits there because it didn't seem to work on Ks bugs.
Posted By: Don

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:26 AM

The skeeters were coming off the ground in clouds when I went turkey hunting today. Started the thermocell sat down and they cleared away.

Apparently they keep turkeys away too. LOL
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:26 AM

Yes they work. I spend a lot of time in swamp areas in WI.

They are awesome.

WS
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:29 AM

They work for me.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:31 AM

Thermacell is a life saver if you’re wanting to be in the bush here during the summer. Couldn’t spring bear hunt without one.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:31 AM

I was skeptical at first. Now I'm a believer.

I refill my own butane cartridges and pads.
Posted By: Posco

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:33 AM

Depends on how stiff the breeze is.
Posted By: Marty

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:39 AM

yes.
Posted By: hillbillyjake

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:48 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: charles

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:52 AM

Works in an elevated deer stand. Work very well.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 12:59 AM

worked for me, as long as there isnt a breeze.
Posted By: snowy

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 01:39 AM

I have nothing bad to say about them. They have been a savior for me, many times.

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 01:41 AM

Thanks everyone ! Now can you clip it to you self or something ?
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 01:53 AM

Mine has a clip on it to attach it to yourself
Posted By: corky

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 02:00 AM

Greatest thing since sliced bread.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 02:52 AM

One of the best inventions since A/C!!
Posted By: Nelly

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 03:15 AM

Sounds like the consensus is that they are great just as long as the breeze is slower than the skeeters.
Posted By: K52

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 01:11 PM

Just be sure to have it on the upwind side of you if there is a breeze, and if there's much of a breeze the bugs shouldn't be bad. I've used mine from here to the Canadian border and it's a God send for me.
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 01:27 PM

I had a whole thread on this a while back wondering what was wrong with my thermacell.

Bought several packs of the pads for it, several butane thingies...I can sit on my back porch and be covered in bugs, turn it on and yes after fifteen mins or so there are fewer biting me, but lots swarming and they still bite. It can be dead still, and the thing is running under my seat, in my lap, on the table in font of me....it is working fine. Making heat, and apparently smells like it should

Not sure, but early june at my place I can look outside and see 25 mosquitoes at any given time trying to get in a closed window. Getting to the car without getting bit is a challenge some days.

Also, it is completely useless on blackflies, but thats not what it was designed for.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 01:39 PM

Wolfie, I used a few of them in the swamps of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. They’re worth their weight in gold and I have about 30 friends that will day the same. They work while you’re sitting still. Like in a tree stand.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 01:40 PM

They work for us and also, 100 percent deet works too.
Posted By: snowy

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 01:46 PM

I pick a lot of wild berries and hang it in the bush or tree close to where I'm picking and the mosquitoes are gone. I walk about 20 feet from the unit and get eaten alive. You can see the swarms of them and they stay outside of that 15 foot area from where the unit is at.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 02:33 PM

ThermaCells work fantastic in the wooda and swamps of WI. Work best while stationary, with low wind. Take a few minutes to get up to temp, then they're great. Highly recommended.

Re: THERMACELL do they work ? - 05/27/19 10:48 PM

Thanks for the advice yall,reckon I'll try one out !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums