Home

What a great day << not a jike

Posted By: rags57078

What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 02:21 AM

Wow what a great day. A buddy called me and said that he found some white bass , some would be an understatement , we caught over 400 fish , kept a hundred or so because we both had several families that wanted some fish . We also helped out a wounded vet and sent him home with a few fish and that made his day . We also helped a few kids catch some fish and that made for some really big smiles From both the kids and parents . Any way we had a great day and had a lot of fun .
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 02:24 AM

Well Done
Congratulations
Posted By: adam m

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 02:40 AM

Sweet.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 02:45 AM

Well that ain't funny at all... actually it's pretty awesome of you. Wish the rest of society was so generous. Great day. Nice job on the fish and even nicer job on paying it forward.
Posted By: Railroader

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 03:44 AM

Not much better than red hot white bass fishing! My absolute favorite fish to catch, fight like they are twice their size. Congrats on a great day fishing. What you using to catch them? We typically use road runners, beetle spins, or some other jig with a small spinner:
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 03:50 AM

Sounds like a great day. Laar year on free fishing day i spent 2 hours with a group of kids and helped them all catch their first fish. I had no clue who the were just down the bank and had all kinds of problems and grandpa didn't have a clue. My best day fishing in a long time

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader
Not much better than red hot white bass fishing! My absolute favorite fish to catch, fight like they are twice their size. Congrats on a great day fishing. What you using to catch them? We typically use road runners, beetle spins, or some other jig with a small spinner:

Jigs and minnows or Jigs and twister tails
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 04:21 AM

That sounds like a fantastic day to me! It's always a great feeling to help folks (and catch a whole buncha fish!!)
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 12:43 PM

What a Great Day!!!
Posted By: bwtrapper

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 08:13 PM

What a great day having fun and helping out other people.
Posted By: snowy

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 08:50 PM

Nice! That is a lot of fish. What you planning on doing with them smoking, fileting?

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by snowy
Nice! That is a lot of fish. What you planning on doing with them smoking, fileting?

I filleted them and will be fried or baked , I will also give several away to others that do not fish .
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/27/19 11:54 PM

Nice
Posted By: snowy

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/28/19 12:35 AM

Sound good. I kept a few and filet them out but haven't tried them yet. Some say they are very good and others say they don't like the taste. I need to give them a try.
Thanks
Posted By: River Birch

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/28/19 01:18 AM

What a great day Rags!

Good eating and nice of you to share your catch!

Was wondering are you ... "Mr Whitetail"? Larry Weishuhn. lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: What a great day << not a jike - 05/28/19 01:26 AM

Dang we do look close LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums